Coach Petrino at U of L for next 10 Years, 25.5 Million Dollars

02Ram54

At the rate the program is progressing, I think by that time U of L will have a great chance to LURE coaches away. I think we might have bigger name options than Jeff Brohm (no offense to him.)

Who knows, and would we want them?

Let me ask you this...if we have won 2 championships (no don't overstep), let's say one championship, and a couple of BCS bowls.....wouldn't you and I as fans want to keep this baby rolling with someone that served right under the captain for 14 years? I would....

Parcells

Belichek

Weis

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb:

Where would he be going? The NFL can offer more money, but the deal isn't going to get a lot better in college. And he's already shown he'd be picky about an NFL deal.

The NFL stands for NOT FOR LONG....

also, he has control here, not there.

Speaking for one Wildcat fan, I am completely composed. It really doesn't matter to me what U.L. does:D . Seriously, Congrats to the cards if this is the guy they want long term and it obviously is. I really don't think that he will remain for the length of the contract. Contracts have a way of being dissolved by either party.

I'm sure you are composed. :lol:

Why wouldn't we want Petrino long term?

I, for one, think it would be great to have the longevity in a football coach, that we've enjoyed in basketball. And, you can say what you want about Petrino. So far, I haven't been proven wrong about him wanting to stay in Louisville, at the University of Louisville....And I've been fending of those "he's gone" comments for several years now. ;)

What some people don't realize, in calling him naive (myself included), these "yearly" post season interviews he has been entertaining (although, I don't see many in the future), he has made himself extremley marketable. Can't argue that logic.

Good move.

Is LABS available for comment? :D

Well maybe Petrino has learned something. he has a good gig and is well compensated.

No doubt he and his agent have handled things rather poorly in the past with his daillances with other programs.

Does this show he is committed?

On the surface it surely does.

The only thing that really changes is that if a school or pro team wants him they will have to drop 1 mil to do so.

I will be surprised if he serves out the duration of the contract if they keep their winning ways.

Props to Ville for locking him up.

Well maybe Petrino has learned something. he has a good gig and is well compensated.

No doubt he and his agent have handled things rather poorly in the past with his daillances with other programs.

Does this show he is committed?

On the surface it surely does.

The only thing that really changes is that if a school or pro team wants him they will have to drop 1 mil to do so.

I will be surprised if he serves out the duration of the contract if they keep their winning ways.

Props to Ville for locking him up.

Thanks! I was dying to hear your reaction to this, considering you are probably BP's most vocal critic on here.

Thanks! I was dying to hear your reaction to this, considering you are probably BP's most vocal critic on here.

Cmon..

Great coach, done a heckuva job at UL. Brilliant offensive mind...

I just think that they way he handled things pertaining to seeking employment elsewhere was handled rather poorly and his defense of it was even more cumbersome, particularly the Auburn fiasco as well as the LSU one.

Even the most ardent UL supporters would agree, in my opinion.

Cmon..

I just think that they way he handled things pertaining to seeking employment elsewhere was handled rather poorly and his defense of it was even more cumbersome, particularly the Auburn fiasco as well as the LSU one.

I agree as well, it just seemed that you never passed on an oppo to take a swipe at BP. I thought it might have hurt your feelings to lose a whipping boy like that. :D

Cmon..

The Auburn deal was bad, but looking into LSU wouldn't have been that big a deal if the Auburn thing hadn't preceded it.

Can make 25.5 million I hear Ole Grandpa Brooks is calling for some incentives in his contract so uk is giving him free coffee at Dairy Queen after each win this season. Just kidding this really means UL really is serious about keeping Bobby, hope they can.

Can make 25.5 million I hear Ole Grandpa Brooks is calling for some incentives in his contract so uk is giving him free coffee at Dairy Queen after each win this season. Just kidding this really means UL really is serious about keeping Bobby, hope they can.

Are you knocking our 63 cent coffee???:fight: :lol: