Podcasts

Bipsic

Yes! I'll have to check those out, too. Love him. I could listen to his voice for hours.

The Truth and Justice podcast actually played a big part in getting a convicted murderer paroled recently. Some of the DNA evidence is still being tested but they said that there is almost no chance he would have gotten parole if the board didn't think he was innocent.

Do you know the Adnon Syed story?

Yeah. I listened to Serial originally. Truth and Justice featured it on their first season when they were known as Serial Dynasty and I also listened to Undisclosed. Undisclosed was made by the sister of one of Adnan's best friends. They've featured several good possible wrongful conviction cases.

I just added Undisclosed to my podcast player.

I'm a little lost as to where to find the first season of Truth and Justice. Apparently it starts with episodes 101?

Yes. His numbering system is a little confusing because he doesn't explain it right off. 101 is actually season 1 episode 1. 201 would be season 2 episode 1. It takes him a little while to really hit his stride and figure out how to podcast. He does some good work on the Syed case but there were some things about how he produced his podcast that got on my nerves early on. He really improves after he changes the name from Serial Dynasty to Truth and Justice and quits his job at the fire department to be a full time podcaster.

Serial didn't do as deep a dive into the case as the other 2 podcasts that I listened to. They really destroyed Jay as a witness and the cell phone evidence. Adnan recently had his conviction overturned and that was upheld on appeal.

I saw on Twitter that he did. I'll have to give the two that you referenced a listen. Working my way through Season 2 of Accused based here in Cincy/NKY right now.