August 25, 200620 yr Can you be a little more silly? A SP needs to be comfortable with the guy calling pitches, and Harang feels that with LaRue. It looks as though we are down to one start every five days for Cowboy. I can live with that, and it seems Narron can too... I was being silly, but why does he get to say who catches? He didn't complain when Larue was on the DL. In fact I will try to look up his numbers when he pitches to the 3 catchers. I'm at work so it may take a while. Another thing I find silly is that you would have gone crazy early in the year when you jumped on the BP wagon if he were sitting as much as Ross is, but other people want Ross or Valentine in and you argue with them. I'm fine with Ross sitting 20% of the time I'm just not fine with Larue playing 25% or more. Another question with all of these off days coming up you know Harang has at least 7 starts left maybe 8 is it worth it to have 2 automatic outs in the lineup when you're trying to make the playoffs?
August 25, 200620 yr For the record I didn't get into the pitching stats too deeply b/c there are only 4 games when Larue didn't start as his catcher. In Harang started games where Larue starts the club is 14-9. Larue is 7/40 or .175 Ross has only started once and the Reds lost 6-5 Ross was 2/4 with 2HR and 3RBI's Valentin has started 3 times the club is 2-1 Valentin is 4/11 or .364 If Ross isn't going to catch him for whatever reason I guess it isn't as horrible as I thought to have Larue out there. I still would like to see it be Ross or Valentin though b/c I hate having 2 automatic outs in the lineup.
August 25, 200620 yr I was being silly, but why does he get to say who catches? He didn't complain when Larue was on the DL. In fact I will try to look up his numbers when he pitches to the 3 catchers. I'm at work so it may take a while. Another thing I find silly is that you would have gone crazy early in the year when you jumped on the BP wagon if he were sitting as much as Ross is, but other people want Ross or Valentine in and you argue with them. I'm fine with Ross sitting 20% of the time I'm just not fine with Larue playing 25% or more. Another question with all of these off days coming up you know Harang has at least 7 starts left maybe 8 is it worth it to have 2 automatic outs in the lineup when you're trying to make the playoffs? I'll answer when you realize there is more than just offense involved. If Harang doesn't feel right and gets bombed it won't matter how many "automatic" outs there are in a lineup. Again, Ross is now the regular starter for Arroyo, Milton and Lohse so you guys are getting what you wanted...
August 25, 200620 yr I'll answer when you realize there is more than just offense involved. If Harang doesn't feel right and gets bombed it won't matter how many "automatic" outs there are in a lineup. Again, Ross is now the regular starter for Arroyo, Milton and Lohse so you guys are getting what you wanted... Let's not insult each others intelligence and say that either one of us would say that only offense or defense matter. We both would agree that they both matter. I'm happy that Ross is catching Lohse, Milton, and Arroyo. I just wish he was known as the regular starter. Not the starter for 3 guys. Look I hope that in the 8 starts that Larue is going to get the rest of the year he produces. I just wish he weren't 0 for his last 25.
August 25, 200620 yr Let's not insult each others intelligence and say that either one of us would say that only offense or defense matter. We both would agree that they both matter. I'm happy that Ross is catching Lohse, Milton, and Arroyo. I just wish he was known as the regular starter. Not the starter for 3 guys. Look I hope that in the 8 starts that Larue is going to get the rest of the year he produces. I just wish he weren't 0 for his last 25. If it makes you feel better, Cowboy is 10-27 in his career vs Morris...
August 25, 200620 yr If it makes you feel better, Cowboy is 10-27 in his career vs Morris... Why can't you just say LaRue can't hit. It works for Castro.
August 25, 200620 yr Why can't you just say LaRue can't hit. It works for Castro. LaRue can't hit. FWIW that running joke started a lot like the LaRue debate...
August 25, 200620 yr LaRue can't hit. FWIW that running joke started a lot like the LaRue debate... I'm expecting big things tonight. :dancingpa :dancingpa
August 25, 200620 yr I'll answer when you realize there is more than just offense involved. If Harang doesn't feel right and gets bombed it won't matter how many "automatic" outs there are in a lineup. Again, Ross is now the regular starter for Arroyo, Milton and Lohse so you guys are getting what you wanted... I agree...If Harang doesn't feel right with Ross behind the plate, then what's the use? However, are you personal friends with Cowboy or just a really big fan? "You guysr are gettin what you wanted" After last night, I believe every Reds fan is getting what we wanted. ROSS:ylsuper:
August 25, 200620 yr If Larue plays once a week that's fine. If he plays twice a week that's fine. David Ross isn't the second coming of Mike Piazza (maybe defensively he is). He's had a good year and Larue has had a horrible year. Ross needs to be the primary catcher, but to think he should catch every game even when pitchers want Larue to catch is crazy.
August 25, 200620 yr If it makes you feel better, Cowboy is 10-27 in his career vs Morris... I hope after tonight he's 13-30.
August 25, 200620 yr If Larue plays once a week that's fine. If he plays twice a week that's fine. David Ross isn't the second coming of Mike Piazza (maybe defensively he is). He's had a good year and Larue has had a horrible year. Ross needs to be the primary catcher, but to think he should catch every game even when pitchers want Larue to catch is crazy. Hopefully, Baseball Guy will play the hot hand...If LaRue was to ever get luke-warm, then I can see him playing more too.
August 25, 200620 yr If Larue plays once a week that's fine. If he plays twice a week that's fine. David Ross isn't the second coming of Mike Piazza (maybe defensively he is). He's had a good year and Larue has had a horrible year. Ross needs to be the primary catcher, but to think he should catch every game even when pitchers want Larue to catch is crazy. When did I say I was OK with anyone other than Harang getting LaRue as a personal C? He's one of the best SP in the NL and has worked with Cowboy almost exclusively for three seasons. That's just not something I think you mess with in a pennant race...
August 25, 200620 yr When did I say I was OK with anyone other than Harang getting LaRue as a personal C? He's one of the best SP in the NL and has worked with Cowboy almost exclusively for three seasons. That's just not something I think you mess with in a pennant race... :thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.