August 17, 200620 yr You don't use your "stopper" against the 1st place team in the division in your final meeting with them this season sitting 1 1/2 games back in the standings? :irked: I wouldn't have had Guardado at this point because of his health. But why not use Bray? He's good for at least 2 innings? Remember Bray in the last late inning situation he was in? I do. You like his chances better vs Duncan/Pujols/Rolen? Again, Franklin was as good a choice as any to face those three hitters...
August 17, 200620 yr Since I could only watch on gameday on the Reds site, out of curiousity, was the walk to Pujols the fabled unintentional - intentional walk?
August 17, 200620 yr So you put it on Coffey or Stormy because of the RH batters. Again, no way you can predict how that would be any different... You are 100% correct but i would rather have someone that is fresh than someone who just out there.
August 17, 200620 yr Since I could only watch on gameday on the Reds site, out of curiousity, was the walk to Pujols the fabled unintentional - intentional walk? It didn't sound like it. Just had to be careful either way...
August 17, 200620 yr Since I could only watch on gameday on the Reds site, out of curiousity, was the walk to Pujols the fabled unintentional - intentional walk? Only Jerry would know that.
August 17, 200620 yr You are 100% correct but i would rather have someone that is fresh than someone who just out there. If Franklin was a short reliever, I can see your point. I just don't see the point in getting worked up over it because that ending was a likely result for anyone in the pen...
August 17, 200620 yr If this team hits today (remember this is the lineup everyone was calling Narron a moron for not playing) they win the game in comfortable fashion. That's where I place the blame...
August 17, 200620 yr Remember Bray in the last late inning situation he was in? I do. You like his chances better vs Duncan/Pujols/Rolen? Again, Franklin was as good a choice as any to face those three hitters... Bray is the only guy that has stopper stuff to get somebody out in that situation and somebody is gonna have to step up in that role if Guardado is not up to snuff. If Bray had been brought in, got'em out of the jam, it would have been huge for his confidence. But, we'll never know. You wonder if we had a healthy Guardado and Majewski would Franklin be in this situation. NOPE. Just tough breaks as far as the bullpen goes.
August 17, 200620 yr It was a tough 9th inning...Duncan has been on a tear, and then Pujols & Rolen are two of the game's best. It's only one game. There is plenty of baseball left to play and the Reds just got beat today by a better team. That's that. Let's hope we can take at least 2 of 3 from Pitt and keep the pressure on.
August 17, 200620 yr If this team hits today (remember this is the lineup everyone was calling Narron a moron for not playing) they win the game in comfortable fashion. That's where I place the blame... I hope you mean on the offense (and lack of production) & not on Narron...
August 17, 200620 yr I hope you mean on the offense (and lack of production) & not on Narron... Correct...
August 17, 200620 yr If this team hits today (remember this is the lineup everyone was calling Narron a moron for not playing) they win the game in comfortable fashion. That's where I place the blame... True, but you play the hand you are dealt and the bullpen was where the game was lost today. You can predict that we would shell Weaver or Lohse would blow up, but they were great. You throw out the predictions and play the hand you are dealt - a pitchers duel where small ball wins.
August 17, 200620 yr Bray is the only guy that has stopper stuff to get somebody out in that situation and somebody is gonna have to step up in that role if Guardado is not up to snuff. If Bray had been brought in, got'em out of the jam, it would have been huge for his confidence. But, we'll never know. You wonder if we had a healthy Guardado and Majewski would Franklin be in this situation. NOPE. Just tough breaks as far as the bullpen goes. Or Bray comes in and hangs a slider that Pujols hits 596 feet and his confidence is shot for two weeks at best. Playing the "what if" game goes both ways...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.