Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

True, but you play the hand you are dealt and the bullpen was where the game was lost today.

 

You can predict that we would shell Weaver or Lohse would blow up, but they were great. You throw out the predictions and play the hand you are dealt - a pitchers duel where small ball wins.

The O failed at small ball in the 8th. You get to play with "what if's" and I don't? Shenanigans (bugatti 2002)...

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 225.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True, but you play the hand you are dealt and the bullpen was where the game was lost today.

 

You can predict that we would shell Weaver or Lohse would blow up, but they were great. You throw out the predictions and play the hand you are dealt - a pitchers duel where small ball wins.

 

I understand that Reds fans are not used to this situation (a pennant race), but there is no reason to freak out & start pointing fingers. The fact of the matter is we got beaten by the 1st place Cards. Weaver pitched brilliantly and the Cards executed. A 2-1 loss is nothing to be concerned about, IMO...

Or Bray comes in and hangs a slider that Pujols hits 596 feet and his confidence is shot for two weeks at best. Playing the "what if" game goes both ways...

 

If you were Bray and you were not asked to warm-up or called into that situation, how do you feel? Confidence wise?

I would have a much bigger problem if the D committed errors. This is not a game that the Reds blew...they just got beat.

If you were Bray and you were not asked to warm-up or called into that situation, how do you feel? Confidence wise?

After I blew my last chance in this situation? Hard to tell. As a grown man, I'd have to understand...

I would have a much bigger problem if the D committed errors. This is not a game that the Reds blew...they just got beat.

:thumb: :thumb:

The O failed at small ball in the 8th. You get to play with "what if's" and I don't? Shenanigans (bugatti 2002)...

 

I guess you are not playing the "what ifs" by blaming the offense today and their lack of production.

 

I understand that Reds fans are not used to this situation (a pennant race), but there is no reason to freak out & start pointing fingers. The fact of the matter is we got beaten by the 1st place Cards. Weaver pitched brilliantly and the Cards executed. A 2-1 loss is nothing to be concerned about, IMO...

 

I agree. I'm not jumping the bridge. :lol:

I guess you are not playing the "what ifs" by blaming the offense today and their lack of production.

There is no "what if" about the lack of offensive production. This was our best offensive lineup, and it stunk. No other way around it. Junior and one swing by BP was it in 27 outs and only 31 guys at the plate. The pitching did very well. The D did very well. The Cards 2-3-4 hitters beat us in the bottom of 9. That's it. If it was Weathers that lost it, it would be "Why Weathers?" If the game went 14 innings it would be "Man I wish we could have used Franklin for 2 back in the 9th!" It just gets old...

There is no "what if" about the lack of offensive production. This was our best offensive lineup, and it stunk. No other way around it.

 

So today's lineup is the best lineup offensively - no doubt? NO "what ifs" when they put up a goose egg against somebody like Jeff Weaver?

 

It's your world you're speaking from so I understand. Plus, you have never played the "what if" game on this thread or second guessed decisions so that gives you the right to question others that do. It's cool. ;)

 

 

For the record, I hate the "what if" game as well, but it's as old as Abner Doubleday and it's not going away as long as fans have eyes and free will to judge.

So today's lineup is the best lineup offensively - no doubt? NO "what ifs" when they put up a goose egg against somebody like Jeff Weaver?

 

It's your world you're speaking from so I understand. Plus, you have never played the "what if" game on this thread or second guessed decisions so that gives you the right to question others that do. It's cool. ;)

 

 

For the record, I hate the "what if" game as well, but it's as old as Abner Doubleday and it's not going away as long as fans have eyes and free will to judge.

I think there are plenty of things to "what if" about this team, and we can do it to no end. And it's the same thing you can say about every team in the NL. Like I said, it just gets old from time to time. It's the same thing after every loss, and this place (and every other local message board that follows the team) is dead after every win...

Its all good everyone. There will always be "what ifs" in every sport about everything. Tough one to lose but there are many left. Nothing to get to worked up about.

Maybe we could have had Lohse put a few guys on the 7th after the Rolen HR. Then Duncan/Pujols/Rolen come up in the 8th and not 9th. Stupid Narron... :D

On a side note its great to see Lohse with an outing like that.

Maybe we could have had Lohse put a few guys on the 7th after the Rolen HR. Then Duncan/Pujols/Rolen come up in the 8th and not 9th. Stupid Narron... :D

 

:lol:

 

Losing just sucks. :argue:

 

For the record, Isringhausen was in the 9th pitching for St. Louis against the "meat" of the Reds order 2-3-4 hitters. Why not someone with better stuff and fresh for the Reds in the 9th?

 

Hatteberg was also 0-12 in the series!!!

:lol:

 

Losing just sucks. :argue:

 

For the record, Isringhausen was in the 9th pitching for St. Louis against the "meat" of the Reds order 2-3-4 hitters. Why not someone with better stuff and fresh for the Reds in the 9th?

 

Hatteberg was also 0-12 in the series!!!

 

Franklin was smooth in the 8th - he threw 10 pitches and I'd imagine he was feeling pretty good. He's getting in a groove, and I believe he had been relatively successful against Pujols & Rolen in the past. Why not leave him in?

 

What happens if Narron puts Guardado (with a stiff forearm) in to face the meat of the order. He gets them out, and then what for the 10th? Playing on the road vs at home makes a huge difference in when to use your stud, and St. Lou had the advantage today.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.