August 6, 200620 yr To add to what GT said earlier regarding this: I was listening to the pre-game show on the radio, and Marty and Steve were discussing Freel's sitting out today. They said he "looked like he had been in a car wreck," in reference to him being bruised up, and that Freel said he was "sore all over." I love Freel as much as anyone and wish he could play 162 games, but I have learned to accept that when you're diving all over the place and crashing into walls full-speed like he does, you're gonna need a few days off here and there to heal so that minor injuries don't turn into major ones. :thumb: :thumb: I agree completely with on Freel, JS. Freel playes the game the way it should be -- all out hustle. I wonder if the wall is O.K.:sssh: :banana:
August 6, 200620 yr Cards lead the Brew Crew 4-3 in the 7th. Ben Sheets left the game in the bottom of the 2nd inning after suffering tightness in the right pectoral muscle...
August 6, 200620 yr Cards snap their streak at 8 with a 4-3 W. Stros getting some runs for the Rocket, and lead 7-1 in the 5th over the DBacks...
August 6, 200620 yr No team in MLB history has gone on two 8 game losing streaks and won a Division. That's good for us...
August 6, 200620 yr BC had another fantastic performance in Louisville. 5.2 IP 9H 6ER. Solid... :laugh: :laugh:
August 6, 200620 yr No team in MLB history has gone on two 8 game losing streaks and won a Division. That's good for us... that was their second???
August 6, 200620 yr E-5 rips a 2-run triple to make it 4-2. Good stuff! :thumb: You just need to stay quiet Jim. :irked:
August 6, 200620 yr You just need to stay quiet Jim. :irked: I know. I'm gun-shy about making game comments these days. :lol:
August 6, 200620 yr Man, that was some kind of great play by Smoltz to get them out of a bases-loaded jam.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.