Bracken County vs. Mason County Dec. 15

Who wins this 39th district battle  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this 39th district battle

• Bracken County Polar Bears
    • Mason County Royals

My point is that Mason County fans think they are going to walk in to Brooksville tonight and win by an easy 10-15 points, heck I've even seen someone say 25+. Bracken County is a tough place to win, especially for Mason County against Hinson. If Bracken loses so what? It would be great to win so we can knock Mason of their high horse for once. But Mason beat Augusta by 17 in the regular season and we all saw how the finals turned out. And last year Bracken beat Augusta by 18, and then Augusta turned around and beat Bracken by 7, without Snapp. So I guess we'll see how this one turns out,

It's pretty humorous how before Mason beat Scott all of the Bracken Co faithful was on here saying how big of a game this would be. But now all of a sudden you're saying it means nothing? :idunno:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty humorous how before Mason beat Scott all of the Bracken Co faithful was on here saying how big of a game this would be. But now all of a sudden you're saying it means nothing? :idunno:
It's a big game don't get me wrong, like the Augusta game. All it's for right now is bragging rights til Feb. The district doesn't seed, and it's not for a championship. The sun will still come up tomorrow

It's a big game don't get me wrong, like the Augusta game. All it's for right now is bragging rights til Feb. The district doesn't seed, and it's not for a championship. The sun will still come up tomorrow

This game is nowhere near as important as the Augusta game is for you all nor should you think of it as being just as important. Mason and Bracken are not rivals and Bracken hasn't beaten Mason for quite sometime. The only significance that this game has is it's Jason Hinson with a "Bach type" player playing against Mason County. That's it.

Well let's see, Scott was the #1 team in the region at the time. Bourbon is #11 and SK is a lot better than people give them credit for.

Robertson Co has the worst team they've ever had in the past 20 years, Fleming is 13th in the 16th region (arguably the worst region in the state) AND winless, and who in the world is Pineville?

I also never said Mason was an "elite team" they're better than people give them credit for but far from elite.

To the bolded: I dont ever recall Scott being #1 on any poll this season. 3rd is the best ive seen. :idunno:

To the bolded: I dont ever recall Scott being #1 on any poll this season. 3rd is the best ive seen. :idunno:

Excuse me for not going back and checking, they were undefeated at the time and had beaten 2 Region teams on the road. Figured most people would've considered them to be the top team.

I've read post where Mason Co fans reference Pig as the best on ball defender in region and possibly state..how can that b true and you guys are saying Crawford will get 30. Fellas Crawford is an absolute stud..best guard in region IMO...how can you be the best defender and fans are already stating Crawford will torch Mason..if Bracken gets this victory tonite...wow is this region up for grabs.

I gotta agree with Rick Grimes, the Scott win was impressive but it came in the strangest of fashions and the Royals were significantly less than dominant. Bracket gave two of the best teams in the region all they had but came up just short. The other wins for both are next to meaningless and there's absolutely nothing on record so far to suggest a clear advantage for either side. So let's stop all the thumb measuring and just get ready for a great game of basketball.

Just by looking on the stats posted on the scoreboard Mason Co bigs just dont get after it on the boards. Pig is the leading rebounder with 5 a night. the bigs are only averaging 2 and 3 respectively. On the other hand Bracken has three guys averaging over 5 boards a night.

Advantage Bracken, and this may be where the game is won and lost. High rebounds and low turnovers usually spells success. Now it was evident that Bracken has work to do to keep the turn overs down, but Im sure that was a point of emphasis in pratice this week.