Bracken County vs. Mason County Dec. 15

Who wins this 39th district battle  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this 39th district battle

• Bracken County Polar Bears
    • Mason County Royals

Mason by 8, I think Crawford will get his 30 points but I don't think anyone else on the team can score enough to beat Mason. Pig is a great defender and will have his hands full with crawford but I think Bracken has their hands full on trying to defend him as well and Masons bigs to go with that.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Igloos a VERY tough place to play when the home crowds rockin, especially for a less than experienced team. Be a close one. Pig/Garrison and Crawford combine for 70 plus. Environment rattles the Royals cage at crunch time. Crawford feels it down the stretch. Coach Hinson does his thing. Polar Bears by a bucket. Fear and Loathing in Brooksville.

Igloos a VERY tough place to play when the home crowds rockin, especially for a less than experienced team. Be a close one. Pig/Garrison and Crawford combine for 70 plus. Environment rattles the Royals cage at crunch time. Crawford feels it down the stretch. Coach Hinson does his thing. Polar Bears by a bucket. Fear and Loathing in Brooksville.

Hell everyone loathes Bracken now and we haven't won anything in 16 years. :lol2:

Mason county in a landslide probably over by halftime but I hope coach Hinson and the polar bears show up and prove me wrong. Bracken needs to play with heart and no quit attitude.

I think they have showed the no quit attitude early on this season. So far from what I have seen they fight up till the end. Jason will have the boys ready that we can all count on. He knows how to show these boys how to win. It will be interesting to see how this one unfolds, and its only December. :thumb:

I think they have showed the no quit attitude early on this season. So far from what I have seen they fight up till the end. Jason will have the boys ready that we can all count on. He knows how to show these boys how to win. It will be interesting to see how this one unfolds, and its only December. :thumb:

It's interesting how some Bracken county fans think coach Hinson in 4 to 5 games can have these boys ready to play with mason county. These kids have never played mason close and it won't happen Tuesday night, but by the end of the year things could be looking up for Bracken give the coach time.

It's interesting how some Bracken county fans think coach Hinson in 4 to 5 games can have these boys ready to play with mason county. These kids have never played mason close and it won't happen Tuesday night, but by the end of the year things could be looking up for Bracken give the coach time.

With your logic Mason has to be the team to beat correct? Not disagreeing just asking. If Mason in your opnion is going to blowout Bracken then they should blowout Augusta later in the month, because Bracken and Augusta are right there together can go eithier way.

I just think for the first time in a long time that Mason isnt the most experienced team in the district. Besides Pig and Garrison the rest of the team coming into the season had very limited varsity time while Augusta brings several back from last year not to mention the three seniors. Bracken also returns alot of varsity minutes with 4 out of 5 starters returning.

With the varsity inexperance and its a road game I cant see Mason winning in a blowout. I see is being very similar to the Augusta game being close throught several lead changes and I just hope Bracken is on the winning sde of the scoreboard.

Mason isn't the most experienced team this year but when has Bracken ever hung close to mason. Augusta has not only hung close to mason but beat them several times past few years. So you can't compare Bracken and Augusta when it comes to mason because they know what it takes to beat mason. Like I said I hope I'm wrong and Bracken wins but I don't think coach has had enough time yet.

I voted yesterday, and wanted to wait a little before commenting. Now I can't remember which team I voted for. Just an example of getting old...possibly. Just an example of how close these district teams are....PROBABLY.

Why Bracken wins: Crawford, Hinson, Igloo, and supporting cast blending.

Why Mason wins: Williams (best defender in 10th Region) slows Crawford enough that Bracken supporting cast has to come through before they have jelled in their roles; Hinson has not had enough time to solidify support casts playing to their strengths and potential; tradition may keep Bracken from believing.

After yesterday's games, I pick Mason to win by 8. But, I hope I'm wrong and will be chomping on popcorn at the Igloo. What's up with those signs on the door...No Food or Drinks In Gymnasium?

I voted yesterday, and wanted to wait a little before commenting. Now I can't remember which team I voted for. Just an example of getting old...possibly. Just an example of how close these district teams are....PROBABLY.

Why Bracken wins: Crawford, Hinson, Igloo, and supporting cast blending.

Why Mason wins: Williams (best defender in 10th Region) slows Crawford enough that Bracken supporting cast has to come through before they have jelled in their roles; Hinson has not had enough time to solidify support casts playing to their strengths and potential; tradition may keep Bracken from believing.

After yesterday's games, I pick Mason to win by 8. But, I hope I'm wrong and will be chomping on popcorn at the Igloo. What's up with those signs on the door...No Food or Drinks In Gymnasium?

The most disreguarded signs in the school. :lol2:

Mason isn't the most experienced team this year but when has Bracken ever hung close to mason. Augusta has not only hung close to mason but beat them several times past few years. So you can't compare Bracken and Augusta when it comes to mason because they know what it takes to beat mason. Like I said I hope I'm wrong and Bracken wins but I don't think coach has had enough time yet.

I agree its been awhile. Would probably have to go back to the late 90's early 2000's. Our wildcard is coach. He knows how to beat Mason. Especially with a prime time player. The last time Hinson had the best player in the region his teams won back to back district titles having to upset Mason both times.

Granted the first meeting those years (regular season) Mason was victorious in the games but come tournament time it was a different story. I see what you are saying I really do.

I agree its been awhile. Would probably have to go back to the late 90's early 2000's. Our wildcard is coach. He knows how to beat Mason. Especially with a prime time player. The last time Hinson had the best player in the region his teams won back to back district titles having to upset Mason both times.

Granted the first meeting those years (regular season) Mason was victorious in the games but come tournament time it was a different story. I see what you are saying I really do.

Beat them in the MCIT in 1998 76-73

Lost to Mason 55-51 later in the season

Bracken won 52-50 at home 2/16/1999

Mason won in Brooksville 54-45 on 2/15/2005

Every other game was a double digit MC win, most by a wide margin.

*Teams did not play in 07-08, 08-09,11-12, 12-13, or 13-14 seasons. Did not meet in 09-10 or 10-11 season until district tournament.