Bracken County vs. Mason County Dec. 15

Who wins this 39th district battle  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this 39th district battle

• Bracken County Polar Bears
    • Mason County Royals

The Royals travel to Brooksville next Tuesday night to take on the Polar Bears in a huge 39th district game.

Mason Co comes into the game 4-1 winners of their last 3. Their lone loss was a 25 point loss to Simon Kenton. Bracken comes into the game 3-2 with all their wins being double digits, 2 were blowouts. Their 2 losses were by a total of 12 points (8 to MoCo, and 4 in double OT to Augusta).

Who wins and why?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For once in many years I think Bracken may be ever so slightly the more experienced team this season. With the way they have played this season thus far they are showing that they can play with anybody in the region. As long as they take care of the basketball.

I go with Bracken in a close one 72-68.

For once in many years I think Bracken may be ever so slightly the more experienced team this season. With the way they have played this season thus far they are showing that they can play with anybody in the region. As long as they take care of the basketball.

I go with Bracken in a close one 72-68.

Will be interesting to see how the Polar Bears deal with the Mason Co defensive pressure.

I think Bracken County has found their second (Hamilton 21) and third (Jones 12) scoring options tonight. Crawford and Jones had a double-double. They really moved the ball around, but with 22 turnovers. If the Polar Bears play defense and take care of the ball like they did @ MoCo they will win by 10.

Bracken is coming off a good win from an average defense and good shooting team. I agree with Royal Wildcat, it all depends on which team shows up to play.

I'll take Bracken (of course) by 4 in this one. I've always felt that Mason County has a tough time on Bracken's floor.

How many times have you watched Bracken play this year? Hamilton, Jones, Engnes have found their roles. Bracken County can be a well oiled machine and Hinson knows how to do it.

I've seen them once, tonight. Sweeney>Lippert, Garrison>Hamilton, D.Williams> Jones, and Lofton/Fox> Engnes. Yes they shared the ball well tonight and scored, but it was Fleming Co. They were pre-season 13th in the 16th Region. Which is probably one of the least competitive regions in the state.

I'm sure Coach Biggs will have something up his sleeve.

No question Bracken is still learning their way. On paper at this point Mason, perhaps is the favorite.

Thing is the huge intangible is Coach Hinson. On paper he was beat by Mason in both district titles in which Augusta won.