Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mike Mitchell: We want to run the AFC North - You hear me spindoc?

Featured Replies

While safety Mike Mitchell concedes that the Steelers are “a little behind the eight ball” in that quest, that’s about all he’s willing to concede with six games left on the schedule.

 

“We want the division,” Mitchell said, via the team’s website. “We never want to back door into the playoffs. Obviously you will get in any way you can. We want to win the division. We want to run the North. But we will get in any way we can.”

 

Mike Mitchell: We want to run the AFC North | ProFootballTalk

  • Author

Love the passion and it is shaping up to be a three horse race: Pats, Bengals, and Steelers.

Love the passion and it is shaping up to be a three horse race: Pats, Bengals, and Steelers.

 

Let's not kid ourselves. Neither of those teams are beating Brady and Belichick in Foxboro in January.

Let's not kid ourselves. Neither of those teams are beating Brady and Belichick in Foxboro in January.

 

Not in Foxboro, you are more than likely in a big way correct. The Pats really struggle with one team, even in Foxboro, in the AFC. The Ravens and they ain't making it.

  • Author
Let's not kid ourselves. Neither of those teams are beating Brady and Belichick in Foxboro in January.

 

So it is a one horse race or in other words no race at all, the Pats will be in the Super Bowl?

So it is a one horse race or in other words no race at all, the Pats will be in the Super Bowl?

 

Barring a massive meltdown or a major injury (see Gronk, Brady, or Jones), yes.

Barring a massive meltdown or a major injury (see Gronk, Brady, or Jones), yes.

 

With all the other injuries on their roster, doesn't the question become if those guys can stay healthy? They're all going to have to do more to cover up for weak areas.

The Pats, in my opinion, were exposed on MNF. Buffalo's defense controlled that game, and if the Bills had a functional offense, they would've won in Foxboro. I won't be surprised if they make the Super Bowl, but I'm certainly not willing to write them in at this point.

The Pats, in my opinion, were exposed on MNF. Buffalo's defense controlled that game, and if the Bills had a functional offense, they would've won in Foxboro. I won't be surprised if they make the Super Bowl, but I'm certainly not willing to write them in at this point.

 

I love the Pats but I agree with everything you said. The Pats D has to be really good for them to win. I also worry about Brady getting hurt behind that offensive line. You take Gronk out of the game and Brady does not have much more to work with at this point...

Brady, in the absence of Edelman, is forced to hold the ball a lot longer than he would otherwise. But to Brady's credit, he has added mobility to his game (ie the inadvertent whistle play), while no one will confuse him with Russell Wilson, he is no longer a sitting duck in the pocket either.

So it is a one horse race or in other words no race at all, the Pats will be in the Super Bowl?

 

I would bet on it, much as I would love the Bengals to make it.

Mitchell was at last week's Highlands game and was very nice to many of the kids and adults who asked to have a picture with him.

You can have the Pats, I'll take the field.

 

As for Mitchell, he's played much better. This is true.

Let's not kid ourselves. Neither of those teams are beating Brady and Belichick in Foxboro in January.

 

A few weeks ago I would have agreed. However their injuries have now brought them back down and they do have some areas other teams can take advantage of. A team still will have to play great to beat them. However I do think there is a slight opening now.

I like Mitchel's confidence — I really do.

 

It would feel better coming from someone else, but Troy and Keisel ain't here no more. This young defense — rapidly improving defense, I might add — needs a leader. At worst, Mitchell gives that young D a punk attitude, and it needs it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.