Bevin says he will not release tax retuns as promised

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You grab a rope , I'll find a tree . ..... Since Nov 3rd some particular group of people seem to be in meltdown mode . Full scale . 110% . Meltdown . And its seriously funny .

Very true. I've been laughing all 7 years and counting while Obama has been in office. Don't mess around and let Hillary win. I'll laugh even harder for at least 4 more years.

FWIW I hoped Obama would exceed my rather low expectations . But I , Like the majority of Americans hate to say it but hes been a huge disappointment .

And about that link showing Gov Bevin promised to release his tax returns ? I'm still waiting .

FWIW I hoped Obama would exceed my rather low expectations . But I , Like the majority of Americans hate to say it but hes been a huge disappointment .

And about that link showing Gov Bevin promised to release his tax returns ? I'm still waiting .

https://kydemocrat.com/news/bevins-top-10-excuses-hide-his-tax-returns

Go to the reason that says "Stall." It's from the Glasgow Daily Times.

It wasn't hard to find. :idunno:

Yeah , all you had to do was go to the Ky Democrat party website LOL !!!!!! .. Hellcats that link does quote a reporter from 5 months ago but there is no quote from Matt Bevin who has consistently said he wasnt going to release his returns because it was a sideside to tackling real issues facing everyday Kentuckians. The link you provided has a REPORTER claiming Governor Bevin said he would release the returns . Not a quote from Bevin at all. And why provide a link from 5 months ago ? This issue was alive and well the past few months in which Bevin repeatedly said he was NOT releasing the returns .

Yeah , all you had to do was go to the Ky Democrat party website LOL !!!!!! .. Hellcats that link does quote a reporter from 5 months ago but there is no quote from Matt Bevin who has consistently said he wasnt going to release his returns because it was a sideside to tackling real issues facing everyday Kentuckians. The link you provided has a REPORTER claiming Governor Bevin said he would release the returns . Not a quote from Bevin at all. And why provide a link from 5 months ago ? This issue was alive and well the past few months in which Bevin repeatedly said he was NOT releasing the returns .

It was common knowledge that Bevin said he would release his tax returns if victorious in the governor's race. As proof, see second paragraph of following story, which is linked below. Before you post your beliefs and label them as fact, do a little investigative work first at google.com.

Jack Conway publicizes 3 years of tax returns - News - Glasgow Daily Times

From looking at ALL of the links to news stories the argument that opponents were trying to get Bevin on was he wouldn't release them during the race. Like TTP said and none from the Bevin camp disputed that after the race he would release his returns.

TBH I don't care if he does or not. He is exactly what our state deserves. :popcorn:

You linked the same link that used previously -- the same one in which a reporter claimed Bevin said that . If it was common knowledge as you claim then provide a link where Governor Bevin said he would release his tax returns . The only common knowledge shows exactly the opposite . He consistently said he was not going to play that game .

You linked the same link that used previously -- the same one in which a reporter claimed Bevin said that . If it was common knowledge as you claim then provide a link where Governor Bevin said he would release his tax returns . The only common knowledge shows exactly the opposite . He consistently said he was not going to play that game .

Attacking the media to defend a fabrication by a politician only results in your sinking deeper into the muck. If Bevin had not made the pledge, then he wouldn't have been asked about such at the 9-minute press conference.

The larger question is why has Bevin reneged on his promise to disclose income sources? What is he hiding? It's going to be entertaining watching him battle not only the Democrats for four years, but also his own party in the state legislature as well.

I do know he promised to dismantle KYNECT throughout his campaign. MAYBE, JUST MAYBE instead of wailing and gnashing teeth (which I find hilarious by the way) the Dems should have anointed a better candidate or an even more novel idea, voted.

Agree with that.

However, many might have thought it was Obama running against Bevin(the ads seemed to suggest as much). But, yes, you are right, Democrats have no one but themselves to blame. They should have come out in larger numbers if they didn't want the result they ended up with.

I'm agreeing with the poster. Bevin may have promised to release the returns but none of you have given proof.

So Sportsguy are you now the KY democrat attack dog on this site. This is the 3rd post in a week where you post a thread title with missing evidence.

Link the 9 minute press conference then ? Lots of talk , Way Way Way too much chatter has been given to the inert topic . Its been clear that Bevin wasnt going to release his returns . Ky voted . Its over , hope people in power give him a chance instead of the crap being offered here .

Manitoudan and Lipton Bash are in full denial mode over our new Tea Party governor.

Here are two more examples from less than 60 seconds of googling showing that the new governor reneged on a promise to be forthright with the citizens of Kentucky:

On Aug. 4, 2015, the Lexington Herald-Leader reported: "While the state has a bipartisan history of candidates releasing their tax returns, Bevin has said repeatedly that he won't release his until after he is elected."

In June 2015, Bevin said he would release his tax returns if elected governor, but said he saw no value "whatsoever" in publicizing his tax returns as a candidate, saying "Let me win the job first." -- Source: CN2