Bluegrasspreps' Class 2A Football Playoff Preview

Ram

I really hope Desales makes it to the final four. If we "Mayfield" are fortunate enough to make it that far then I want to see this matchup at War Memorial. I want to see what this team is made of. I'm curious to see how the teams matchup.

Desales = Big

Mayfield = Speed

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be hilarious if the state champion came from the East. I know it want happen, but if it did there would be a lot of upset fans on here from the West lol

Even funnier if it is someone from the East noone expects. I think most feel Danville, and to a lesser extent NewCath, are locks....

Imagine Lloyd beating OCath for a Title.

Would it surprise a lot of people if Monroe makes it to war memorial? Yes....me, no way. I believe in this season and these young men! Monroe went to Wayne County Friday and showed the boys in 4a that this little school can hit, and play four quarters like the big boys!!! Should be very fun in two weeks. But Shawnee is going to see them first!!!

I think you all maybe right about someone from the East sneaking up and winning. You really can't ever count out NCC. I know DeSales manhandled them last year but that was a pretty special defense DeSales had. I know Mayfield fans are very confident , and by all means they should be. But the winner of that OC- Murray game has the potential to win it all and Mayfield can't take that lightly. Ask your good friends at Caldwell County about what Murray is capable of in the playoffs and even DeSales for that matter. They had a touchdown called back last year that shouldn't have been. And as for OC... if they can get over the "Tiger" on their back in Rd 2 against Murray and stay healty...look out.

I think you all maybe right about someone from the East sneaking up and winning. You really can't ever count out NCC. I know DeSales manhandled them last year but that was a pretty special defense DeSales had. I know Mayfield fans are very confident , and by all means they should be. But the winner of that OC- Murray game has the potential to win it all and Mayfield can't take that lightly. Ask your good friends at Caldwell County about what Murray is capable of in the playoffs and even DeSales for that matter. They had a touchdown called back last year that shouldn't have been. And as for OC... if they can get over the "Tiger" on their back in Rd 2 against Murray and stay healty...look out.
Speaking for most of us Mayfield people I would say yes we are confident in our team winning it all but make no mistake, we are not overlooking a potential matchup against Murray or OC! Those 2 teams are very capable of going all the way. If we make it to the final four then I know we will have our hands full against one of the Louisville schools. Us being at home throughout the playoffs is huge this season.

After seeing the bracket, the top half (Regions 1 & 2) is tough, the bottom half, not as much, so I see NCC getting back to the State Finals, it would be cool to see Lloyd get to play NCC again, that would be a good one in the Region Final, but I'm going with NCC & Mayfield in the State Final.

I would absolutely love to make a trip down to Mayfield in a few weeks, but that's looking way too far ahead. I know very little about Monroe, but from the sound of it, it seems like they must be legit and DeSales fans already know that a rematch with CAL will be a tough one. In order to get to Bowling Green, you have to take one game at a time, so I'm looking forward to Green County this week, and then next week we can keep talking potential matchups.

DesalesDad....Green County has a lot of grit just not very deep at skilled positions. They showed some really good offensive sets when they played us that they had not used in any film we got. Good luck, and see you next Friday if all goes the way we both want!!!!

DesalesDad....Green County has a lot of grit just not very deep at skilled positions. They showed some really good offensive sets when they played us that they had not used in any film we got. Good luck, and see you next Friday if all goes the way we both want!!!!

This will be the 1st game that will allow some comparison of the West vs East as Danville played Green County earlier in the year.

Green County Record:

Aug 21, 15 Russell County home (W) 18 - 0 Click

Aug 29, 15 Casey County at Campbellsville University (W) 47 - 28 Click Forcht Bank Bowl

Sep 4, 15 Lexington Christian away (L) 6 - 21 Click

Sep 11, 15 Taylor County away (L) 12 - 28 Click

Sep 18, 15 Campbellsville away (L) 12 - 15 Click

Sep 25, 15 Danville home (L) 0 - 41 Click

Oct 2, 15 Glasgow home (L) 6 - 14 Click

Oct 16, 15 Metcalfe County home (W) 15 - 12 Click

Oct 23, 15 Monroe County away (L) 22 - 27 Click

Oct 30, 15 LaRue County home (W) 26 - 22 Click