Bluegrasspreps' Class 2A Football Playoff Preview

Ram

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a direct quote from you on the 2A rankings (10/19) thread:

"After watching CAL, DeSales and Mayfield, I have a few thoughts. First, CAL and Mayfield are head and shoulders above DeSales right now. This DeSales team is just not that talented and not developing as we had expected. Secondly, we do not have the break away back. Just my thoughts!"

Sure is my quote, but we are having team chemistry problems that stem from not being on the same page. I am also sure you have heard of some coach speak on this board. That was your opinion and we are all entitled to our opinion. My opinion is that Louisville will win 2a, but I could be wrong as you could. Only time will tell and it should be a fun ride.

But, to answer your question: The rankings are completed by comparing teams right now, and right now the Ranking Staff thinks Mayfield is the best team in the state. Now, four weeks from now, things may change. And, those games are predictions based on what may happen in four weeks.

As for the Mayfield/CAL game, I hope the game happens, should be a great game.

Do tell more, I want to know about this Nostradamus like prophecy that BGP has that says MF is #1 now and CAL will be in a few weeks? Maybe it will give MF enough time to change whatever it is that BGP see's happening and we can alter the future. Do you or G have a DeLorean like in Back To the Future?

Do tell more, I want to know about this Nostradamus like prophecy that BGP has that says MF is #1 now and CAL will be in a few weeks? Maybe it will give MF enough time to change whatever it is that BGP see's happening and we can alter the future. Do you or G have a DeLorean like in Back To the Future?

No DeLorean, but we do have a computer that swamprat put together that is as big as a desk and has vacuum tubes that are four feet tall. It's a beauty.

I would love to see Danville and Mayfield play. I think Danville has just as many athletes as Mayfield, and Speed.

Mayfield is 1-9 vs Danville all time

Careful what you wish for, I too would enjoy it, would likely result in us moving to 2-9. We owe the Ads a few. The Ads are one of my favorite programs, glad they are headed back

Ram

I am still waiting for a reasonable answer as to how MF is 1 now and the same folks say that they will be 2 later. That does not make sense and certainly does not pass the smell test. If BGP thanks CAL will be 1 when they play in a few weeks it only makes sense to say they are #1 now. We need to do what Congress would do and form a committee and have hearings to get to the bottom of this :lol2::idunno:

^^^^^

Did you think Graves should have been ranked higher than Bowling Green entering last year's playoffs?

Was it really a surprise to you when Murray defeated an Owensboro Catholic team ranked higher than them last year?

It is November and sometimes the higher seed team gets beat. It's not like the preview is calling for a Butler County to upset Mayfield. This is the #2 team in the state who is playing really good football.

I like seeing a few "upset" picks called where lower ranked teams win. Though this wouldn't exactly qualify as an upset since these teams are viewed as equal in most eyes. When was the last time a bracket went totally chalk and no upsets ever happened?

^^^^^

Did you think Graves should have been ranked higher than Bowling Green entering last year's playoffs?

Was it really a surprise to you when Murray defeated an Owensboro Catholic team ranked higher than them last year?

It is November and sometimes the higher seed team gets beat. It's not like the preview is calling for a Butler County to upset Mayfield. This is the #2 team in the state who is playing really good football.

I like seeing a few "upset" picks called where lower ranked teams win. Though this wouldn't exactly qualify as an upset since these teams are viewed as equal in most eyes. When was the last time a bracket went totally chalk and no upsets ever happened?

I am not stupid, well in my eyes anyway, I know what is going on here but making Ram dance would have been fun

^^^^^

^^^^

What is funny is when you look and compare Owensboro Catholic and Murray in size and speed the last two years. Owensboro Catholic should of been blown out in each of it's games. This year Catholic matches up with them in size and not necessarily in speed, if Murray is traditionally the same size and has the same speed they have been in the past. OC will have a fast player in Shamari Morton that makes a difference in their game for sure.

If you don't believe me, ask their previous coach from couple years ago. He went to Logan Co and has 0 talent and has won 0 games. When he was at Murray, OC beat probably his best team in 2010, I think, when Murray was favored to to win state that year.

I think picking Murray the last two years even if OC was favored because of polls was not a surprise or upset. Upsets are a 4 beating a 1.