Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKU Basketball 2015

Featured Replies

And I am not blaming anyone but I will say this is one thing you never hear coming out of any of NKU's programs and that is problems with the athletes. Kudos to NKU for at least making these very rare occurances.

  • Replies 104
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's remember that Brannen was fired at Alabama last year because they couldn't win. So to those of you who think he is John Wooden, you had better think again. I am predicting he runs our program into the ground the same way. With the poor administrative support in the shady NKU athletic dept, he has little hope to succeed.

 

Wholly untrue statement....Anthony Grant was fired after Bama lost to Florida in the second round of SEC tournament. When Bama got the NIT invite, Brannen took them...I believe they played 2 in the NIT.

 

I get what you're doing, but at least have the decency to get the time line accurate. We don't ask for a lot on this board, but rest assured you will get called out if you post non-truths

Guard Todd Johnson has been suspended after a DUI arrest.

 

Just because it happened, doesn't mean we have to talk about it. The kid's embarrassed enough.

Just because it happened, doesn't mean we have to talk about it. The kid's embarrassed enough.

 

If it was a player at UK, UC, X, Duke, UL or any other school it would be mentioned. I don't venture into College Football much but I bet there is over 100 posts in a thread about JT Barrett getting his.

 

Why wouldn't it be the same for NKU?

Just because it happened, doesn't mean we have to talk about it. The kid's embarrassed enough.

 

It's a good lesson for the kid. Hopefully he won't make this mistake again.

If it was a player at UK, UC, X, Duke, UL or any other school it would be mentioned. I don't venture into College Football much but I bet there is over 100 posts in a thread about JT Barrett getting his.

 

Why wouldn't it be the same for NKU?

 

It's not right at any school. Non athletes are not in the paper when they make a mistake.

It's not right at any school. Non athletes are not in the paper when they make a mistake.

 

I guess we'll agree to disagree. As a scholarship athlete, you're in the spotlight for the good and the spot light for the bad.

It's not right at any school. Non athletes are not in the paper when they make a mistake.

 

Non athletes aren't in the paper for having a good day at their part time jobs or intramurals either. It's a double-edged sword when you're an athlete at Division I school.

It's not right at any school. Non athletes are not in the paper when they make a mistake.

 

So to be clear, It's OK to have his name in the paper on Tuesday morning for scoring 20 points in a game, but it's not OK to have his name in the paper on the next day for a DUI?

With the fame comes larger responsibilities.

Non athletes aren't in the paper for having a good day at their part time jobs or intramurals either. It's a double-edged sword when you're an athlete at Division I school.

 

That doesn't make it right. It's all about what sells. NKU has nobody at the enquirer covering their games, but as soon as somebody screws up there all over it.

That doesn't make it right. It's all about what sells. NKU has nobody at the enquirer covering their games, but as soon as somebody screws up there all over it.

 

The Enquirer doesn't write about any of the good stuff I do, and the local news doesn't talk about my successes on a nightly basis, but I can promise you that if I get a DUI (or some other criminal act), it will be the LEAD STORY on TV and on the front page tomorrow morning. Is it fair? Nope. It is what it is? Yep. Knowing that, it is on me to avoid said situations.

 

Look at the bright side, if he was Valentine of Michigan State and got a DUI, it would be on ESPN and about 3 segments on "Mike & Mike" tomorrow morning. In his case, only his hometown paper ran with it.

A player arrested and two losses to bad teams this week. Great job NKU

A player arrested and two losses to bad teams this week. Great job NKU

 

You still mad, bro?

NKU dropped an OT game 79-73 to Eastern Illinois. Bench scoring was a problem as of 5 subs only 2 (Geisler and McDonald) scored. Holland double-double. Billups almost a double-double.

 

At least the Horizon League bottom teams do not look so great right now so there is hope. NKU's RPI right there with 4 or 5 other teams.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.