Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKU Basketball 2015

Featured Replies

NKU lost to NC A&T. I believe this could be a long year. I recently ran into an NKU asst coach at a local bar. Boy is that athletic department a disaster. He went on and on about how big of a mess it is there and how he's currently hoping he's only at NKU for one year. Said Brannen is like a drill Sargent forcing staff to work 12+ hour days, the AD Botoff is a shady guy, they have a SID that is always snooping in their business and a lot of other issues to deal with. Sounds like they need to clean house at NKU at the top and re-do the entire department
You are seriously bashing a coach for working too hard, LOL!!!!!

 

You have zero people backing you up here.

  • Replies 104
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have zero people backing you up here.

 

...except for the drunk, loudmouth assistant. :lol:

A) So far this year the Horizon league is the 17th toughest league, the Atlantic Sun is the 26th. The Horizon has 6 of the top 200 teams in the country at this juncture, the A-Sun has 2 of the top 250.

 

B) I like John, personally, and as a coach, but if he is difficult to work for (and I don't know that to be the case, just playing along with Wildcat79's posts), that 100% is an issue. It caused Darrin Horn major problems at WKU and South Carolina, and it has caused Pat Kelsey issues at Winthrop. Most of that is young coach squeezing the bat too tightly, and with maturity in the big chair it gets alleviated, but IF it is a problem now for John, he'll have to have someone close to him and that he trusts counsel him on how to release the pressure a little. He can't afford to have to rebuild his staff year after year, it makes recruiting and building the right culture very difficult. Again, IF that is the case, and I do NOT know that to be the case.

...except for the drunk, loudmouth assistant. :lol:
Allegedly.
A) So far this year the Horizon league is the 17th toughest league, the Atlantic Sun is the 26th. The Horizon has 6 of the top 200 teams in the country at this juncture, the A-Sun has 2 of the top 250.

 

B) I like John, personally, and as a coach, but if he is difficult to work for (and I don't know that to be the case, just playing along with Wildcat79's posts), that 100% is an issue. It caused Darrin Horn major problems at WKU and South Carolina, and it has caused Pat Kelsey issues at Winthrop. Most of that is young coach squeezing the bat too tightly, and with maturity in the big chair it gets alleviated, but IF it is a problem now for John, he'll have to have someone close to him and that he trusts counsel him on how to release the pressure a little. He can't afford to have to rebuild his staff year after year, it makes recruiting and building the right culture very difficult. Again, IF that is the case, and I do NOT know that to be the case.

Knowing John and his work ethic, is the ONLY reason I give the guy above any credence whatsoever. I also know he relies heavily on his influences, so I'm solid in saying that I'm sure John does demand a lot of his assistants, but I assure its no more than he puts on himself. And I'm sure the guys he reaches out to for advice and more than willing to help him along this journey.

 

If that assistant isn't wholly committed to the cause then maybe he's not a good fit. Doesn't mean there is a larger issue at hand.

Let's remember that Brannen was fired at Alabama last year because they couldn't win. So to those of you who think he is John Wooden, you had better think again. I am predicting he runs our program into the ground the same way. With the poor administrative support in the shady NKU athletic dept, he has little hope to succeed.

Let's remember that Brannen was fired at Alabama last year because they couldn't win. So to those of you who think he is John Wooden' date=' you had better think again. I am predicting he runs our program into the ground the same way. With the poor administrative support in the shady NKU athletic dept, he has little hope to succeed.[/quote']

 

 

You lose credit when you say he ran Bama program into the ground.

 

Now we know you have an axe to grind.

 

And don't bother looking up my IP address.

Let's remember that Brannen was fired at Alabama last year because they couldn't win. So to those of you who think he is John Wooden, you had better think again. I am predicting he runs our program into the ground the same way. With the poor administrative support in the shady NKU athletic dept, he has little hope to succeed.
Your posts have simply become laughable. When your free trial is up, we will all be better off.
Your posts have simply become laughable. When your free trial is up, we will all be better off.

 

Won't be much longer hopefully.

Edited by UKMustangFan

Loose use of the word premium in his free trial.

Let's remember that Brannen was fired at Alabama last year because they couldn't win. So to those of you who think he is John Wooden, you had better think again. I am predicting he runs our program into the ground the same way. With the poor administrative support in the shady NKU athletic dept, he has little hope to succeed.

 

I'll give him 2-3 years before I even begin to start passing judgement on Brannen as NKU's coach. Seems better than 2-3 weeks.

Guard Todd Johnson has been suspended after a DUI arrest.

Guard Todd Johnson has been suspended after a DUI arrest.

Wildcat will blame Brannen!

Wildcat will blame Brannen!

 

NO the drunk assistant coaches fault..................:clap:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.