Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bluegrasspreps' Class 4A Rankings (10/19)

Featured Replies

1. Johnson Central at #3 Ashland

2. South Warren vs. Warren Central

3. Ashland vs. #1 Johnson Central

4. Shelby County vs. #10 Collins

5. Spencer County -- OPEN

6. Scott at Holmes

7. Hopkinsville at Hopkins County Central

8. John Hardin at Western

9. Franklin County vs. North Oldham

10. Collins at #4 Shelby County

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

This may be the week find out who really belongs at number one. Johnson Central takes on Ashland and the story will be written from there. Who wins that game? Will Johnson Central keep on keeping on, or with the Tomcats get the win and move in the District driver's seat? South Warren takes on Warren Central, what will we learn from that game? Who will be number one next week?

So if I'm an Ashland fan and I beat the #1 team and I'm sitting in 3rd; I'm thinking I should be #1. True?

Still no Wayne County in top 10? Puzzling!!!

 

Explain please? Looking at their wins and losses I don't see much that warrants a top 10 ranking in 4A. No impressive wins with one understandable loss to 6A Madison Central and a loss to a low top 10 in 3A to Bell County. The resume doesn't shout top 10 to me. Then again I am surprised to see Collins sitting there at 10.

Wayne may be on the outside looking in but they are starting to play some quality football with an excellent running attack led by Dalton Garner. This team is starting to find balance in the passing game and the defense is answering the caall. If cards keep winning good chance at hosting state semis at home.

  • Author
So if I'm an Ashland fan and I beat the #1 team and I'm sitting in 3rd; I'm thinking I should be #1. True?

Not necessarily. IF Ashland blows Johnson Central out, I would think it's a possibility. But, purely a win, there is a strong chance and likelihood South Warren in number one and Ashland is number two. Have to weigh how the games are played.

Not necessarily. IF Ashland blows Johnson Central out, I would think it's a possibility. But, purely a win, there is a strong chance and likelihood South Warren in number one and Ashland is number two. Have to weigh how the games are played.
Fair enough! :thumb:
So if I'm an Ashland fan and I beat the #1 team and I'm sitting in 3rd; I'm thinking I should be #1. True?

 

Ashland would have a legit case. The problem is Ashland has to overcome the court of public opinion.

 

Ashland has a really good win against a 6-1 George Washington, WV team. GW is one of the Top 5 or 6 teams in WV overall. They would compare favorably to like a Lafayette or a Ballard in Kentucky. With that said, they do not have the name recognition.. froma surface glance most people probably would think Ironton is the best win... due to name recognition...but GW would beat Ironton handily.

 

 

Ashland has also seen a couple of their wins lose it's luster. Raceland has not played on the same level as people were expecting of them, and Russell's injury bug led them to an upset loss. After this weekend Ashland will have played a more difficult schedule than South Warren (South Warren probably has the slight edge entering Friday)... but with Ashland being considered a step behind the top two all year it will be hard to visualize putting South Warren anywhere but #1 with a Johnson Central loss.

Very good points ATL! I don't have a problem with any of it even though I would have South Warren at 1 right now, but that's just me :idunno:

So if I'm an Ashland fan and I beat the #1 team and I'm sitting in 3rd; I'm thinking I should be #1. True?

 

Nah, I like the underdog role. I don't care where my TCats are ranked, all I care about is bringing home the hardware.

Not real sure how Collins is the 10 seed!

Still no Wayne County in top 10? Puzzling!!!

 

There are 40 teams in 4A. Where do you think Wayne County's strength of schedule ranks?

 

Drag mouse over this spot 35 for answer.

Edited by EyeOfTheTiger

Not real sure how Collins is the 10 seed!

 

The 23-0 win over Franklin County may have something to do with it. But I do get your point.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.