Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cats Pause 10th Region rankings

Featured Replies

^^^^^

Edited by TexasRanger
duplicate

  • Replies 87
  • Views 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this list. Only changes i would make is flip GRC and Harrison and Walker and Snapp.

I hope you're right about him. He was really impressive as a freshman, but I didn't notice much (if any) improvement in his play last year. I can definitely see the potential for him to be a great player.

 

He's moved to the wing now and has worked on his shot and handle with Lea Wise-Prewitt. He also has a 42 inch vertical and will put on a show for the MoCo faithful this year.

That would be fantastic if he can establish himself as a top 4 player. I think he's far and away the best shooter in the region, but his overall game will have to have grown from last year if he's going to reach that level.

 

Better shooter than Ohmer?

Can you post the 8th and 16th region rankings?

Better shooter than Ohmer?

 

I believe so. Ohmer is a better overall scorer, but Walker is a better shooter.

42 inch vertical? Sort of like someone saying they have 3 guys who can run a 4.4 40 on their HS Football team.

42 inch vertical? ?

 

Was that measured in a ligit vertical test?

 

Not many 42's running around HS courts.

  • Author
Are you sure? :clap:

 

Positive. That sucker costs $16. I'll still buy it at some point, but when I do, I won't be promoting my purchase on BGP. :lol2: I've been there, done that, & got the tee shirt. :lol2:

 

As to the rankings, I'm pretty much with Rez. There are a few things I'd change up, but nothing to start screaming about. I would have Dontaie Allen in my top 10 players & probably Jekobi Wells too. I would also have Mason & GRC a little lower in the team rankings.

 

But there is so much parity among 10th teams & players that you could come up with several different combinations.

 

Brad Laux compiled these rankings, by the way. He & I are in complete agreement in how we rank the Top 4 players as well as the Top 4 teams.

42 inch vertical? Sort of like someone saying they have 3 guys who can run a 4.4 40 on their HS Football team.

 

42 off one foot and 38 of two. If you don't believe me you can ask @dyaste or one of the guys who have seen him. One of the best vertical athletes you'll see.

  • Author
Anyone else think Art Walker is way too low?

 

I also think you could make very strong cases for Jekobi Wells and Jerryd Jones to be on this list. Both had solid sophomore seasons and seem primed to take big jumps as juniors.

 

I would have Walker at 8-10. Wells is 10 or 11. Jones is on further down the list for me.

Positive. That sucker costs $16. I'll still buy it at some point, but when I do, I won't be promoting my purchase on BGP. :lol2: I've been there, done that, & got the tee shirt. :lol2:

 

As to the rankings, I'm pretty much with Rez. There are a few things I'd change up, but nothing to start screaming about. I would have Dontaie Allen in my top 10 players & probably Jekobi Wells too. I would also have Mason & GRC a little lower in the team rankings.

 

But there is so much parity among 10th teams & players that you could come up with several different combinations.

 

Brad Laux compiled these rankings, by the way. He & I are in complete agreement in how we rank the Top 4 players as well as the Top 4 teams.

 

Agree on Allen. Actually think he's at that developmental stage in which he easily shoot way up the list.

  • Author
Actually think he's at that developmental stage in which he easily shoot way up the list.

 

He is taller & bigger than he was last year. Was the #2 scorer & rebounder (as an 8th grader) on a district championship team that made it to the Regional semifinals.

 

With Antrobus transferring, he'll undoubtedly lead the team in both scoring & rebounding. He's got a smart, steady, & gifted point guard who will feed him often. I'd put him at 9 or 10 to start the season, but I think he'll end it a little bit higher, assuming he stays healthy.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.