Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DUMB.....DUMB........DUMB!

Featured Replies

I wonder what happened to cause a limit to be put in place on the size of the logo?

 

I know our middle school had a dress code at one time that did not allow any logos bigger than a dime I believe. The exception, you could wear your school mascot or name.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was made superintendent of any public school, the FIRST thing I would do is immediately have school uniforms for all students...just eliminates a whole lot of issues. Don't have to worry about offensive shirts, girls wearing provocative clothing, jealousy among students wearing "cool" designer clothes vs students who cannot afford them, etc. I am really surprised more public schools don't go the Catholic school route and mandate unis...

I personally don't like this rule in this thread. However, I want to defend public schools. What other profession requires a master's level degree, but gets told by everyone else how to do your job. Think about it: the rules are usually set by a board of education that is not educators. Your finances are set by state legislators and state and local governments. The people you call educated idiots do not get to set the rules or guidelines a lot of the times, they are just the unfortunate people that have to enforce them. Public schools are required to be everything for everybody and scrutinized by all. Easier to complain about the decisions that are made instead of supporting leaders in those positions. Public schools need more support and less scrutiny!

If I was made superintendent of any public school, the FIRST thing I would do is immediately have school uniforms for all students...just eliminates a whole lot of issues. Don't have to worry about offensive shirts, girls wearing provocative clothing, jealousy among students wearing "cool" designer clothes vs students who cannot afford them, etc. I am really surprised more public schools don't go the Catholic school route and mandate unis...

 

Easy to shop for and easy to pick out your outfit for the day. Do I want to wear khakis or khakis?

I personally don't like this rule in this thread. However, I want to defend public schools. What other profession requires a master's level degree, but gets told by everyone else how to do your job. Think about it: the rules are usually set by a board of education that is not educators. Your finances are set by state legislators and state and local governments. The people you call educated idiots do not get to set the rules or guidelines a lot of the times, they are just the unfortunate people that have to enforce them. Public schools are required to be everything for everybody and scrutinized by all. Easier to complain about the decisions that are made instead of supporting leaders in those positions. Public schools need more support and less scrutiny!

 

This is going to come off arrogant. I know it is as I'm typing it. But I need to get it off my chest.

 

I'm tired of hearing about the degrees teachers need to get to teach. The undergrad education degree is one of the easier degrees to get in college. The actual substance you learn isn't on the same level of some other professional degrees. That in part is why those professions deserve more income. Then when we talk post graduate degree , come on.

 

 

I respect teacher's in all that they do. I don't want the job . I don't know how they do it. The actual job itself is much harder.

 

But I just get annoyed when we compare degrees.

This is going to come off arrogant. I know it is as I'm typing it. But I need to get it off my chest.

 

I'm tired of hearing about the degrees teachers need to get to teach. The undergrad education degree is one of the easier degrees to get in college. The actual substance you learn isn't on the same level of some other professional degrees. That in part is why those professions deserve more income. Then when we talk post graduate degree , come on.

 

 

I respect teacher's in all that they do. I don't want the job . I don't know how they do it. The actual job itself is much harder.

 

But I just get annoyed when we compare degrees.

 

Comparing degrees is difficult, I will agree with you on that. What makes the education degree easier than others? Give me some examples. Obviously, it is not as hard as a chemical engineering. However, we are required to continue our education throughout our careers. In my original post I was not trying to say that it was difficult to get the degree to teach, I was just pointing out that what other profession has other people tell them how to do their job. Educators are told by everyone else how to do their job. What other field does that happen in?

Comparing degrees is difficult, I will agree with you on that. What makes the education degree easier than others? Give me some examples. Obviously, it is not as hard as a chemical engineering. However, we are required to continue our education throughout our careers. In my original post I was not trying to say that it was difficult to get the degree to teach, I was just pointing out that what other profession has other people tell them how to do their job. Educators are told by everyone else how to do their job. What other field does that happen in?

 

Almost every job where you are paid by tax payer money is criticized by the public.

Comparing degrees is difficult, I will agree with you on that. What makes the education degree easier than others? Give me some examples. Obviously, it is not as hard as a chemical engineering. However, we are required to continue our education throughout our careers. In my original post I was not trying to say that it was difficult to get the degree to teach, I was just pointing out that what other profession has other people tell them how to do their job. Educators are told by everyone else how to do their job. What other field does that happen in?

 

That's easy...just off the top of my head doctors and lawyers. And they are MUCH more educated (technically speaking) than the general public, and most teachers as well.

Oh, and throw in politicians as well. Many of them, especially at a high state and national level, are very educated people. Look at the millions of people who say President Obama is terrible and can't do his job (and yes, admittedly I am one of those) yet he is more educated than probably 95% (or more) of the people saying those things.

Assuming the same policy applies to all logos over a certain size, I'm not quite sure why anyone would have an issue with this....:idunno:

Assuming the same policy applies to all logos over a certain size, I'm not quite sure why anyone would have an issue with this....:idunno:

 

Agreed. This issue has nothing to do with the military, the flag or anything anti-American. It is about a dress code policy on the size of a logo. When exceptions start being made, the school might as well not have a policy at all.

What do people think of dress codes at work? If I work at McDonalds and I want to wear an American flag T-shirt instead of my McDonalds work shirt, should I be allowed?

In the past, similar threads have discussed school districts disciplining youngsters over gun T-shirts, high-and-tight military haircuts and shirts resembling American flags. In each instance, the offending student was in violation of the student dresss/appearance code, set up to ensure a distraction-free learning environment. In each instance, such would also be considered out of bounds at a vast majority of the schools in Kentucky.

Why would any routine average logo be taboo ? Like Nike , Army , Tommy , Levi's , Guess etc etc . Whats wrong with large logo's on a tee shirt or hoodie ?

Why would any routine average logo be taboo ? Like Nike , Army , Tommy , Levi's , Guess etc etc . Whats wrong with large logo's on a tee shirt or hoodie ?

Some of these logos have a second, sometimes gang-related, significance. School administrators are way ahead of the BGP crowd on this one.

I'd deal with the gang bangers individually and leave the rest alone .

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.