Western Kentucky Power Ranking - 10/04/15

Purple88

I have watched some hudl highlights of South Warren and I do think they're a good team. I'm just not convinced they're better than BG, OHS, McCracken, or Mayfield. I don't get all caught up in the classification of opponents but rather the quality of the opponent. Central Hardin is good but I'm not sold that they're any better than a Owensboro Catholic this year. The bottom line is South Warren and BG need to play on the field. Somebody needs to make it happen.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spin,

I can't read anymore after you said WC SHOULD have beaten Owensboro. Either you weren't at the game or you were and on your cellphone. The only time WC scored was a gift fumble that set them up. Let me show you their stats from their own team on KHSAA:

12 yds rushing

76 yds passing

Oboro shut them down. Score 29-7 and yes Oboro missed some wide open passes that should have translated into more points, but SHOULD HAVE beaten Oboro? You've lost all credibility with that argument.

If South played BGs schedule' date=' I don't think they would have a loss. I have said since a few weeks ago that 5A is down this year so a hyped up win over Owensboro in a game that they REALLY should have lost doesn't mean a lot to me. Remember, WC played Owensboro close until the Final Quarter, and WC isn't even ranked top 10 in 4A. Furthermore, SW (whilst still injured at key positions) beat a Franklin team by 20 something points that beat WC. I watched BGs game against WC, and saw them not score at all in the 2nd half against a tired and undermanned Warren Central team....[/quote']

Let's all pause for a minute. You think SW would be undefeated with BG's schedule? Who in the world have you all played that would give you the audacity to say that? They can pass the eye test all they want against mediocre teams, but when it comes to playing the big boys.. South wants no part in it. Maybe that's why every single year of their existence they've been prematurely bounced from the playoffs? It's called being tested. Do they know what that is like?

I just don't get it. They aren't better or even on the same level as Bowling Green. They aren't on the same level with Owensboro. They probably aren't even comparable with McCracken.

By hey, why not, let's ignore logic and just crown and South Warren the Kings of the West.

Let's all pause for a minute. You think SW would be undefeated with BG's schedule? Who in the world have you all played that would give you the audacity to say that? They can pass the eye test all they want against mediocre teams, but when it comes to playing the big boys.. South wants no part in it. Maybe that's why every single year of their existence they've been prematurely bounced from the playoffs? It's called being tested. Do they know what that is like?

I just don't get it. They aren't better or even on the same level as Bowling Green. They aren't on the same level with Owensboro. They probably aren't even comparable with McCracken.

By hey, why not, let's ignore logic and just crown and South Warren the Kings of the West.

This is not true. Of their four playoff runs, two of them ended exactly where they should have (2011 in the first round as a new school, 2013 in the region finals where they were predicted to lose to Paducah Tilghman), one exceeded expecations (2012 when they made the region finals ahead of schedule), and one fell one round shy (2014 when they made semi-state and fell to Louisville Central). And the one where they fell short came in the semi-state round, where stuff can simply happen.

John Hardin was a state semifinalist last year and many think they'll be there again this year. South Warren played them and dominated them. Central Hardin was a 6A region finalist last year and expected to be very good again this year. Their record may not show it, but they are very good (their losses have been to the #1 team in 3A, 4A, and 5A), though maybe not as good as last year. South Warren dominated them, though not as much as BG did. Outside of that, yes, their schedule leaves something to be desired, and I have been critical of the inability to get the game scheduled against Bowling Green. Nevertheless, they did pick up a couple of strong programs this year.

From a purely schedule standpoint, Bowling Green is the only major elevator on Owensboro or McCracken's schedules over what South Warren picked up this season. I see no reason to suggest that they aren't at or in excess of McCracken's level. Is it the wild amounts of playoff success that McCracken has had that made you suggest that? If anyone has fallen short of expectations on an annual basis, it is McCracken County. The next year they meet or exceed expectations in the postseason will be the first.

This is not true. Of their four playoff runs, two of them ended exactly where they should have (2011 in the first round as a new school, 2013 in the region finals where they were predicted to lose to Paducah Tilghman), one exceeded expecations (2012 when they made the region finals ahead of schedule), and one fell one round shy (2014 when they made semi-state and fell to Louisville Central). And the one where they fell short came in the semi-state round, where stuff can simply happen.

John Hardin was a state semifinalist last year and many think they'll be there again this year. South Warren played them and dominated them. Central Hardin was a 6A region finalist last year and expected to be very good again this year. Their record may not show it, but they are very good (their losses have been to the #1 team in 3A, 4A, and 5A), though maybe not as good as last year. South Warren dominated them, though not as much as BG did. Outside of that, yes, their schedule leaves something to be desired, and I have been critical of the inability to get the game scheduled against Bowling Green. Nevertheless, they did pick up a couple of strong programs this year.

From a purely schedule standpoint, Bowling Green is the only major elevator on Owensboro or McCracken's schedules over what South Warren picked up this season. I see no reason to suggest that they aren't at or in excess of McCracken's level. Is it the wild amounts of playoff success that McCracken has had that made you suggest that? If anyone has fallen short of expectations on an annual basis, it is McCracken County. The next year they meet or exceed expectations in the postseason will be the first.

DFire, don't misunderstand. I don't see how that all of those losses aren't premature? South Warren was playing in 3A with 5A enrollment numbers. Simply playing the hand they are dealt, sure. But why exactly does that excuse them for not finishing the job? It doesn't. It is a matter of opinion if you believe that that is the place they should have lost. I simply can't fathom any scenario where they should have lost to Central or PT in the past two playoff trips.

And to reflect on your point about McCracken, that is in a point to the rankings discussion of this season's standings only. I personally believe a win against Mayfield is better than a win against an average John Hardin team.

Show me prove SW should of plAyed in higher class last two years !

I'm sure the enrollment numbers are listed on the KHSAA website, however I am quite unsure where. Maybe our friend DragonFire can help us out with that problem, he has always been good with information and numbers when it comes to enrollment.

Actually our friend JC did ! I believe he wrote SW was (last year )a 4a but was second smallest so they would be still be in 3a I may have read that wrong if so I apologize .I could not find thread to check for fact ,but DFif you could prove that right or wrong I would appreciate it