Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steve Smith Sr. says a Steeler (Mike Mitchell?) is on his 'lifetime hit list'

Featured Replies

I don't care who said what, you are talking about from GM down to the lowest quality control coach each team has between 20-30 million dollars on their staff, and you are saying these guys don't know who can play and who can't in the NFL? You really think you are a better armchair GM and coach then these guys getting paid millions? You truly think a guy is getting multiple offers and contracts because he opens his mouth and and hits hard? I mean if you truly stand by that I can respect you for at least sticking by what you said but its still truly absurd to think he has started for multiple teams in the NFL when everyone is chomping at the bit to get a shot to play and start in the NFL, if he was not capable of doing it someone would have replaced him.

 

Its the No Fun League where the NFL hates trash talking and hard hitting defensive players, teams don't want players who get fined, take cheap shots and can't cover. This league is won by teams who can pressure the QB and cover on the back end... its not the 90's you don't see a team with a John Lynch or Steve Atwater in the secondary.

He graded the worst tackler at his position last two years but don't let that influence you

  • Replies 59
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He graded the worst tackler at his position last two years but don't let that influence you

By who? Where is this stat that grades him the worst tackler? Is he the worst tackler int he NFL, of the starting SS in the NFL or what exactly? I remember him being quite the Safety in Carolina.

 

That would also lead to further proof that he must be able to cover or he is completely a liability if he is the worst tackler in the NFL.

By who? Where is this stat that grades him the worst tackler? Is he the worst tackler int he NFL, of the starting SS in the NFL or what exactly? I remember him being quite the Safety in Carolina.

 

That would also lead to further proof that he must be able to cover or he is completely a liability if he is the worst tackler in the NFL.

I'm not gonna argue with you. PFF graded him. And he's terrible in coverage. Terrible. Last night he broke up a pass and it's his second of the season. That doubles the ones he broke up last yr. he's on a hot streak.

By who? Where is this stat that grades him the worst tackler? Is he the worst tackler int he NFL, of the starting SS in the NFL or what exactly? I remember him being quite the Safety in Carolina.

 

That would also lead to further proof that he must be able to cover or he is completely a liability if he is the worst tackler in the NFL.

That's possibly the worst stretch of logic I've read in the forum.

That's possibly the worst stretch of logic I've read in the forum.

So he can't tackle or cover? What does he do then?

So he can't tackle or cover? What does he do then?

He jumps over piles in victory formations. Even though he has 2 groin tears that are the reason for his self addressed poor play.

So he can't tackle or cover? What does he do then?

 

He plays because the Steelers are thin at secondary because of poor drafting.

Anyone who lasts in the NFL for a decent amount of time and makes millions of dollars, had a good career as far as I'm concerned.

 

But its hard for me to respect someone's opinion when they say he is in the upper echelon of safeties in the NFL. I'll side with @spindoc on this one.

 

I wasn't even paying attention to most of the game last night but I saw two pretty big run plays happen and it appeared that the safety didn't read the play very well and the big play was the result. After I saw it, I heard Simms mention on more than one occassion how the Steelers safety was out of position and the result was the big play.

So he can't tackle or cover? What does he do then?

 

Makes big hits and runs his mouth...like I said earlier lol.

Smith has always been one of the least classiest players in the league. He's always been more of a punk with his attitude than anything else.

 

I didn't lose any sleep over the whiny butt being knocked out of the game.

 

So as I said, he isn't at the bottom of the NFL. If you look at PFF this season, he isn't at the bottom either. So while he may be at the bottom of the starters the guy is still clearly deserving a big contract and starting job in the NFL. To me being a multi year starter for different teams makes you in the upper echelon. Everyone has different opinions of what makes someone upper echelon, I am not saying he is an elite all pro, but I also don't take the opinion of biased homers either who will pick out a player and single them out.

 

If he is 30th in one category in 32 in the other he still clearly deserves to be starting in the NFL. Teams play multiple safeties in dime and nickel packages and by stats if he is in the low 30's that means he should be a starter on an NFL team.

Saying Mike Mitchell sucks is kind of asinine though. Tim Tebow sucks. Thus he is not in the league just like the rest of us. Obviously Mike Mitchell can play football at a high level as he starts for a team in the NFL. That doesn't scream "he sucks" to me. And before you all come back with the Steelers defense sucks and that is why he is there logic....I'm pretty sure Mike Mitchell would be able to find a starting job somewhere in the NFL. Let's not act like he was just picked up off the waiver wire during training camp because of injuries.(see: Mike Vick)

 

Now...I'm not claiming him to be a pro bowler or anything of that nature. If you want to hate him because he is dirty, that's cool. To say he sucks just because you don't like him and how he plays is as foolish as me saying Kobe is better than MJ. A little perspective here people...most of y'all saying he sucks are smarter than that.

Steelers Make A Move, Sign Panthers FS Mike Mitchell - Steelers Depot

 

Most worryingly, however, he missed 18 tackles by the website's data, which would have been by far the most on the Steelers' roster last season. Missed tackles have already become a recent and bothersome issue for the defense last season.

 

Nine tackles were missed in the run game, while nine were missed in coverage. Based on PFF's logs, Mitchell had the worst tackling efficiency rating of all safeties who played at least half of the team's snaps.

 

This describes his last season in Carolina.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.