Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steve Smith Sr. says a Steeler (Mike Mitchell?) is on his 'lifetime hit list'

Featured Replies

Steve Smith Sr. says a Steeler is on his 'lifetime hit list

 

Ravens wide receiver Steve Smith Sr. was not only sore, but furious about the hit that by a Pittsburgh Steeler that knocked him out of his team's eventual 23-20 victory in overtime at Heinz Field.

 

"How do I feel? Probably for the first time in my career, I feel like I’m 36," Smith said after the game. "I got speared in the back by an ex-teammate. I kind of know his character, who he is. After he hit me, he said, 'How do you like that.'”

 

"He" would seem to be Steelers safety Mike Mitchell who was a teammate of Smith's with the Carolina Panthers in 2013. However, Mitchell wasn't in on the play that resulted in Smith being hurt.

 

That tackle was made by Steelers linebacker Lawrence Timmons and cornerback Antwon Blake. It isn't clear if Smith knew that or he was just reacting to something Mitchell either said or did earlier in the game.

 

"The best thing I can do without threatening him and saying that I will assault him when I see him is I will say, 'I look forward to playing him again,'" Smith said. "He’s on my lifetime hit list."

  • Replies 59
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are two dudes that aren't backing down from anyone.

Just me, but I don't think I'd be putting any safety on my "hit list" as a receiver. They have way more opportunities to smack you than you do them...

 

Not to mention, Mitchell wasn't even involved.

That's 2 weeks in a row Smith has cried after a loss. Maybe it's time for him to retire.

That's 2 weeks in a row Smith has cried after a loss. Maybe it's time for him to retire.

 

Except they won this week....:idunno:

He'd probably be doing the Steelers a favor if he took out Mitchell. Dude sucks something awful....

I can't stand Steve Smith. He's on my lifetime hate list.

He'd probably be doing the Steelers a favor if he took out Mitchell. Dude sucks something awful....

 

Not sure if you are serious or not....?

Not sure if you are serious or not....?

 

Mike Mitchell is not a good NFL caliber safety. He's good at one thing, and one thing only...head hunting.

Mike Mitchell is not a good NFL caliber safety. He's good at one thing, and one thing only...head hunting.

 

Not a good safety, yet he has started for multiple NFL teams that have had good defenses? Do you remember the Panthers defense he was a part of? That was one of the best defenses in the entire NFL, if he sucked they would have been torched all year.

Not a good safety, yet he has started for multiple NFL teams that have had good defenses? Do you remember the Panthers defense he was a part of? That was one of the best defenses in the entire NFL, if he sucked they would have been torched all year.

 

That's cool. You have your opinion on him, I have mine. He hits people hard, and a lot of times after the play. That's his one skill.

Except they won this week....:idunno:

 

 

 

:lol2::lol2::lol2: Duh. Well he's a well rounded cry baby then.

Not a good safety, yet he has started for multiple NFL teams that have had good defenses? Do you remember the Panthers defense he was a part of? That was one of the best defenses in the entire NFL, if he sucked they would have been torched all year.

 

Mike Mitchell is constantly out of position and making the wrong reads. He's not good in the sense he's nowhere near the top of any 'best safeties' list.

Don't think MM is too worried. Given Smith's age and the weekly injuries he incurs I don't think his NFL "lifetime" is too long.

Not a good safety, yet he has started for multiple NFL teams that have had good defenses? Do you remember the Panthers defense he was a part of? That was one of the best defenses in the entire NFL, if he sucked they would have been torched all year.

The Steelers defense is not good.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.