Toothpick

PurpleHaze Western Kentucky Co-GOW: Mayfield (5-1) vs. Murray (4-2)

Who wins this contest?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this contest?

The most important game of the season to date is here for both teams. Mayfield will enter without its star Trajon Bright and will be down a linebacker. Murray will enter at full strength and on a high after a dismantling of Russellville. Does a Brightless Mayfield have enough to survive or is this finally Murray's moment?

As I said in the Power Rankings, this is a Big one in the Purchase Area! Mayfield has had a good season so far, but will be without their best player on Friday night. Murray might be playing their best ball right now. And seem to be healthy for the first time in a long time. Mayfield has the history in this series, but those guys won't play on Friday night. Can Murray get it done?

Does Murray have a chance in this one? I haven't heard much about them this year... Saw they almost beat Hoptown but lost a headscratcher to Graves.

Murray has their Cardinal voodoo doll out , some of their fans are picking 4 leaf clovers in their yards and they are praying for a blue moon because that's how often they beat Mayfield.

Murray is still not at full strength. Idk why people keep insisting they are. Haven't been since first quarter of Calloway game.

Murray is still not at full strength. Idk why people keep insisting they are. Haven't been since first quarter of Calloway game.

Joe, who is still out?

This is gonna be a big game. Having Bright out definitely hurts but Tyler has stepped up and has done a great job filling his shoes. If our passing game is on point Friday night then I think we will succeed and get the W! Defense has been pretty darn good so far and I think they will continue to play lights out. As always if we can keep the penalties to a minimum and not fumble several times The Cards will send Murray packing! I jus hope our offense doesn't come out flat early on like they have done the past two games.

Glynn WR/RB/DB has been out since the first quarter of the Graves game. He was the leading scorer at the time. He was also stepping in at QB that game since Miles was maybe 75%.

I figure Murray will try the same game plan as last year, ground and pound and eat up the clock, this worked well for them but in the end will fail.

Glynn WR/RB/DB has been out since the first quarter of the Graves game. He was the leading scorer at the time. He was also stepping in at QB that game since Miles was maybe 75%.

So is he expected back anytime soon? Is Miles better than 75% now?

Murray is a fine team, but outside of McCracken Co., no Purchase area team can truly hang with Mayfield, with or without Bright. Good luck to both squads!

I've got to think at some point Mayfield will click on all cylinders, who knows if that happens this week or not. Doubt it matters that much against Murray as long as turnovers and penalties aren't excessive. Cal Preps has it 31-13. With Bright, I'd give Mayfield another touchdown... without him, 31 to 13 seems close.