PurpleHaze Western Kentucky Co-GOW: Mayfield (5-1) vs. Murray (4-2)

Toothpick

Who wins this contest?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this contest?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the key to this game is for the Mayfield offense to sustain a few drives and consistently put points on the board. If the offense struggles to move the ball and can't stay on the field very long, it will be a rough night for the defense. I do believe the Big Red will get it done though...........24-17 Mayfield.

I think the key to this game is for the Mayfield offense to sustain a few drives and consistently put points on the board. If the offense struggles to move the ball and can't stay on the field very long, it will be a rough night for the defense. I do believe the Big Red will get it done though...........24-17 Mayfield.

If Mayfield only wins by 7....it was a long night

2 things come to mind....1)we have moved the ball all year but have sputtered several times in the red zone. We have to take advantage of those opportunities. 2)we always seem to have trouble with a good running QB. If we stop Miles, game over. Murray has a couple pretty good kids on the line and again, we have to control the LOS. We also can't be lulled to death and let them hit us on a big play pass. Gotta stay alert.

Ok folks, here's my prediction for this game..while many people seem to think murray deserves there ranking I personally believe their overrated..i look for the Tigers of murray to come ready to play using a ground and pound clock controlling offense, but I don't see that being a success for them considering mayfield defensive style.i do look for murray to stack the box, forcing mayfield to throw the ball, which isn't necessarily a problem, considering Murray's lack of pass defense..so, I look for mayfield to roll in this one 48- 12

I too think Murray is over rated. After their loss to the Buzzards regardless of being plagued with injuries.

The Tigers will come to War Memorial with a game plan of eating up the clock with 2 yards and a cloud of dust. Same as last season. But the Cardinals will strike back quick and take advantage of each possession and the mistakes the Tigers make. This will be the week Mayfield begins hitting on all cylinders.

Mayfield wins this match up 38-13

I too think Murray is over rated. After their loss to the Buzzards regardless of being plagued with injuries.

The Tigers will come to War Memorial with a game plan of eating up the clock with 2 yards and a cloud of dust. Same as last season. But the Cardinals will strike back quick and take advantage of each possession and the mistakes the Tigers make. This will be the week Mayfield begins hitting on all cylinders.

Mayfield wins this match up 38-13

Are they predicting rain in Mayfield tonight? Helps Murray?
Not predicting any rain for tonight. If it did rain it would benefit Murray more bc they rely on the run pretty heavily and hurt us more bc we are pretty balanced. I see lots of rain to the east of us but forecast is not calling for rain in Mayfield.