Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 52 Campbell County 7

Featured Replies

Wait till Morgan faces a real defense!

 

You're correct, Male will be a tough challenge. :popcorn:

  • Replies 220
  • Views 21.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what second place is right????...the first loser. Just like the rest of the teams that didn't win it that year. No different. Unless we've started hanging banners for second place!!

 

Funny, UK has tons of banners hanging from it's rafter's with Final 4, and Runner Up on them. The bottom line for you is that Campbell County has underachieved year after year, and has never played in a state championship game, deal with it. :wave:

While RaiderRailBird is being rather pompous in his/her delivery, I think his message is pretty accurate. I thought with the facilities, the CCYFL and an up and coming coach that the Camels would have turned the corner by now. I love me some Camels football but it is has been full of excuses since well before I played there about why they aren't competitive. I wish they were, I wish they had made deep playoff runs but they don't and have never been able to sustain any true level of sucess. IMO sports at CCHS has never truly had the full support of the administration, school board or the community. In fact the only State Champion coach they had was forced to chose between coaching and being an AD. This is probably a topic for another thread but I don't think RRB is incorrect about this topic even though it stings to hear. Go Camels!

While RaiderRailBird is being rather pompous in his/her delivery, I think his message is pretty accurate. I thought with the facilities, the CCYFL and an up and coming coach that the Camels would have turned the corner by now. I love me some Camels football but it is has been full of excuses since well before I played there about why they aren't competitive. I wish they were, I wish they had made deep playoff runs but they don't and have never been able to sustain any true level of sucess. IMO sports at CCHS has never truly had the full support of the administration, school board or the community. In fact the only State Champion coach they had was forced to chose between coaching and being an AD. This is probably a topic for another thread but I don't think RRB is incorrect about this topic even though it stings to hear. Go Camels!

 

Very well said. :thumb:

While RaiderRailBird is being rather pompous in his/her delivery, I think his message is pretty accurate. I thought with the facilities, the CCYFL and an up and coming coach that the Camels would have turned the corner by now. I love me some Camels football but it is has been full of excuses since well before I played there about why they aren't competitive. I wish they were, I wish they had made deep playoff runs but they don't and have never been able to sustain any true level of sucess. IMO sports at CCHS has never truly had the full support of the administration, school board or the community. In fact the only State Champion coach they had was forced to chose between coaching and being an AD. This is probably a topic for another thread but I don't think RRB is incorrect about this topic even though it stings to hear. Go Camels!

Wrong. Not the only one. They have a state championship in track and softball also with several wrestling state championships. They have more state championships than Ryle has runner up trophies. We are not looking through the window at the dance we are dancing wif yo dates.

My husband and I are both CCHS graduates and were multi-sport athletes many moons ago. Even with the lack of state championships in the sports that we played, I can tell you that there was no doubt where we wanted our kids to go to school. The Campbell County school system has accomplished great things and has treated our community well over the years.

 

I understand having school spirit and team pride. I don’t understand being belligerent on a public forum simply because you can hide behind a username.

 

Best of luck to all of the student athletes out there.

Sorry to correct you, but Longbranch, most of the road is in Union. The subdivision Orleans was annexed by the city of Florence. The streets in Orleans itself is Florence but all of Longbranch except for the stretch between Orleans and St Louis Blvd is Union. That stretch of road is about 100 yards long.

 

All of Longbranch all the way out to Camp Ernst is Union, including parts of Camp Ernst Rd which is also Union.

Heck, don't be sorry to correct me, feel free. I was going off the Boone County GIS map online. Thanks for enlightening me!

Say what you will about the Camels. The Camels are a classy program. Always have been. More wins over the last few years would be nice for sure, but there are classy kids/parents in that program. A lot of other teams can't say the same regardless of wins and losses.

Nice win Raiders. Good luck to CC the rest of the year, keep fighting.

FTN I did want to say (before all this nonsense started)that I was extremely impressed with Morgan. Kid is a flat out gamer and kept several drives alive with his feet and scrambling to find the open receiver. He definitely has that "it" factor.

While RaiderRailBird is being rather pompous in his/her delivery, I think his message is pretty accurate. I thought with the facilities, the CCYFL and an up and coming coach that the Camels would have turned the corner by now. I love me some Camels football but it is has been full of excuses since well before I played there about why they aren't competitive. I wish they were, I wish they had made deep playoff runs but they don't and have never been able to sustain any true level of sucess. IMO sports at CCHS has never truly had the full support of the administration, school board or the community. In fact the only State Champion coach they had was forced to chose between coaching and being an AD. This is probably a topic for another thread but I don't think RRB is incorrect about this topic even though it stings to hear. Go Camels!

 

I live in Union and a Ryle fan, The UFO comment above is hilarious !!. I am not judging Cambpell Cty as I think they have a whole lot of young talent and size coming up in the future, they will be fine. I agree with your statement about the youth programs. Some of Ryle's success has to do with the Union Raiders program (Morgan was part of until he moved to Hazard the past 2 seasons) This years team is the first year that all 4 classes are from the Union Raiders. (with some BCPWFL as well) But much of the success is the kids buying into Coach Engler's program.

Funny, UK has tons of banners hanging from it's rafter's with Final 4, and Runner Up on them. The bottom line for you is that Campbell County has underachieved year after year, and has never played in a state championship game, deal with it. :wave:

 

My team has played in and won many of them.

 

I'm saying that saying you made it to a title game ONCE means nothing more than never getting there. You act like that's adds a complete separation between the programs...which is hilarious!!

 

You sound like my five year old when he put his thumbs in his ears and says na na na na na!

Say what you will about the Camels. The Camels are a classy program. Always have been. More wins over the last few years would be nice for sure, but there are classy kids/parents in that program. A lot of other teams can't say the same regardless of wins and losses.

 

I am a transplant from out of state and moved to Union/Ryle district. For the life of me, I could never figure out the disdain for Ryle kids an sports teams. I have witnessed not both boys and girls programs at Ryle. The parents are first class and the coaches are first class at this school. I think the disdain is the perceived affluence and the "triple crown mafia" mystique. I think those times are changing with the change in coaching regimes lately in all sports at Ryle. I have witnessed nothing but hard working kids that get along and play/gel well with one another. The AD has done a fine job with the new coaching regimes (FB, men's BB and Girls BB among others)

While RaiderRailBird is being rather pompous in his/her delivery, I think his message is pretty accurate. I thought with the facilities, the CCYFL and an up and coming coach that the Camels would have turned the corner by now. I love me some Camels football but it is has been full of excuses since well before I played there about why they aren't competitive. I wish they were, I wish they had made deep playoff runs but they don't and have never been able to sustain any true level of sucess. IMO sports at CCHS has never truly had the full support of the administration, school board or the community. In fact the only State Champion coach they had was forced to chose between coaching and being an AD. This is probably a topic for another thread but I don't think RRB is incorrect about this topic even though it stings to hear. Go Camels!

 

Other camel fans have said they could and should be better, but for any NKy 6a fan to think thier school is that far ahead of Camp Co is funny. Because none of them have done anything either!!

Double D I ooked at that too, while the city of union is small we all use the same address. I live 4 minutes from the HS and according to the map I'm not in union. But my address is and we are Mann, Gray, Ryle as far as school zoning. We still claim it as one community. We have a brother to the west that's all.

Yes, UC, UL, and Wake Forest have offered Tanner.

 

What are these offers? "We would love to see you play here!" ?? Or "you would be a good fit!" ?? What is an actual offer per se at this stage in the game? Is "full ride" mentioned? From what I read, UC has "offered" half dozen qb's in the class of 2017, how can $ be mentioned this early in the game with so many non-commits?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.