Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Google Fiber to Louisville

Featured Replies

  • Replies 46
  • Views 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were just discussing this the other night with a guy in St Louis that had speeds around 500 download and for 40 upload. Got is talking about Google Fiber. Can't wait until it's available in NKY.

  • Author
We were just discussing this the other night with a guy in St Louis that had speeds around 500 download and for 40 upload. Got is talking about Google Fiber. Can't wait until it's available in NKY.

 

We'll be waiting for a while. With Cincinnati Bell Fioptics already here it will be some time is my guess.

$130 per month. TV and 1TB upload/download. :lol2: That is ridiculous.

 

If it came to my area I would pay it just to stick it to TW or whoever the crappy provider is in Louisville. Thankfully it's going to better option so its a no-brainer.

Competition is good for us all.

Fiber is the real deal, I hope and pray it comes to Cincy. It has the potential to have a "Walmart" effect on the other ISP's.

Just wanted to dig this up.

 

Remember that one time there was good news about something in Louisville?

 

That was fun.

 

A friend of mine with LG&E has already been asked to start working on shared space for their electrical wire systems in the denser parts of the city. Google Fiber is happening.

Just wanted to dig this up.

 

Remember that one time there was good news about something in Louisville?

 

That was fun.

 

A friend of mine with LG&E has already been asked to start working on shared space for their electrical wire systems in the denser parts of the city. Google Fiber is happening.

 

Wonder what the time line is? I'm moving back to Louisville soon.

Wonder what the time line is? I'm moving back to Louisville soon.

 

Bout dang time

I'm moving back to Louisville soon.

 

:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

I didn't want to say anything too soon. But I'm in the final stages of buying a house, so since it looks like everything's a go, I figure I can say something now. :lol2:

I didn't want to say anything too soon. But I'm in the final stages of buying a house, so since it looks like everything's a go, I figure I can say something now. :lol2:

 

Trinity games and White Castle for everybody! :banana:

I didn't want to say anything too soon. But I'm in the final stages of buying a house, so since it looks like everything's a go, I figure I can say something now. :lol2:
Still (wo)manning the same post?
Trinity games and White Castle for everybody! :banana:

 

Ironically, i will be living very near White Castle on Eastern Parkway...Even closer to Dairy Del...like walking distance. :lol2: I'm in!

Still (wo)manning the same post?

 

I'll be living a few blocks from Manual Stadium. Not the Highlands, but I got a HUGE value on a house in an area being revitalized. I guess everyone could guess I love historic homes (and hotels). I bought a shotgun house built in 1900, completely updated, including new kitchen and bathroom. Just a beautiful little house. So, I'm still only 15 minutes from the Highlands, 5 from the booming Germantown area, and 5 from Old Louisville and the UL area.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.