Google Fiber to Louisville

GrizzlyAdams

I'll be living a few blocks from Manual Stadium. Not the Highlands, but I got a HUGE value on a house in an area being revitalized. I guess everyone could guess I love historic homes (and hotels). I bought a shotgun house built in 1900, completely updated, including new kitchen and bathroom. Just a beautiful little house. So, I'm still only 15 minutes from the Highlands, 5 from the booming Germantown area, and 5 from Old Louisville and the UL area.

I'd love to live in the area along Eastern Parkway.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to live in the area along Eastern Parkway.

If you're in a position to buy a house, look in the Schnitzelburf/Merriweather area. There are some GREAT values. I saw a cute little shotgun on E Hill that was right around $100k. And the realtor I used is a friend of mine and I'd recommend him highly. He really listened to me when I told him what I was lookin for and helped me negotiate a fantastic contract.

Just wanted to dig this up.

Remember that one time there was good news about something in Louisville?

That was fun.

A friend of mine with LG&E has already been asked to start working on shared space for their electrical wire systems in the denser parts of the city. Google Fiber is happening.

This is awesome!

I'll be living a few blocks from Manual Stadium. Not the Highlands, but I got a HUGE value on a house in an area being revitalized. I guess everyone could guess I love historic homes (and hotels). I bought a shotgun house built in 1900, completely updated, including new kitchen and bathroom. Just a beautiful little house. So, I'm still only 15 minutes from the Highlands, 5 from the booming Germantown area, and 5 from Old Louisville and the UL area.

I was hanging out at Check's on Barrett Ave. last night... as I do most Wednesday nights. I've always liked that part of town. Right now it's a strange mix of old and new things and the neighborhood is a very interesting place. For every Check's Cafe there's a Four Pegs Drafthouse. Really cool neighborhood to be in right now.

I've been to a few karaoke nights at Check's, interesting to say the least. :lol2:

I love old school Germantown. It's hilarious. If you EVER get the chance to go to the World's Championship Dainty out in front of Hauck's Grocery one year... YOU TAKE THAT CHANCE.

I was hanging out at Check's on Barrett Ave. last night... as I do most Wednesday nights. I've always liked that part of town. Right now it's a strange mix of old and new things and the neighborhood is a very interesting place. For every Check's Cafe there's a Four Pegs Drafthouse. Really cool neighborhood to be in right now.

I can't remember the name of it, but there is a micro brewery opening soon near near the church.

Monnik - it's owned by the folks who own Beer Engine in Danville, and it's located right by Checks.

They appear to not be very good at this. They've already run off their chef and I don't know that they're going to open anytime soon.