Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dudley Part 2

Featured Replies

Lots of old-school football football folks believe that taking a knee is also disrespectful.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have a hard time understanding how scoring, which is a part of football, is classless. Bethlehem put up 73 against Berea, is it classless THEY didn't call the dogs off earlier? This is just my opinion, Campbellsville and Estes showed a ton of class, with obviously the last second TD being talked about otherwise, because I saw some of TC players throwing some cheap shots at the end of the game and Estes was making sure none of his players were going to respond. He let the scoreboard be the retaliation. I wasn't there for the whole game, but I'm sure it was like that all the way.

 

To be fair, Bethlehem sophomores and freshmen scored something like 7 of their 10 TDs.

Lots of old-school football football folks believe that taking a knee is also disrespectful.

 

I'd rather someone run the ball at me in that situation than take a knee. That tells me that your respecting us although your beating us. The knee tells me that you recognize that there is no way of stopping us.

However, throwing the ball in that situation is only acceptable in EXTREMELY rare situations.

Ok so from what I was told, Campbellsville threw the ball on a 4th down situation. Also I was told Dudley shook hands with their head coach.

If Dudley does not want the score ran up on him, he needs to quite cheating and breaking rules!!! Remember they was taping the cvill-Adair game and got caught!! Think it may have been a little pay back!!!

Again, you don't teach kids that's it's ok to get back at people that have done you wrong. That's not how life works and is part of the problem with society today. Have some class and forget about them. Don't become part of the story.

I'm going to defend both sides a little here. Its not our job to decide what plays Estes does or doesn't run at the end of a game and if you get upset its on you. Same can be said on whether Dudley shook hands or not, its not up to you and if you get upset its on you.

I'm going to defend both sides a little here. Its not our job to decide what plays Estes does or doesn't run at the end of a game and if you get upset its on you. Same can be said on whether Dudley shook hands or not, its not up to you and if you get upset its on you.

If we get upset about a murder, is that on us too? I know it's comparing apples and anvils, but I just want to know where I get to have an opinion.

If we get upset about a murder, is that on us too? I know it's comparing apples and anvils, but I just want to know where I get to have an opinion.

 

Uh.. not only did you take that about a million miles beyond a reasonable comparison murder is against the law. Scoring on 4th down isn't against the rules or the law. Not shaking hands with someone isn't against the rules or the law. So ,yeah, its on you if you don't like something someone does within the rules.

Uh.. not only did you take that about a million miles beyond a reasonable comparison murder is against the law. Scoring on 4th down isn't against the rules or the law. Not shaking hands with someone isn't against the rules or the law. So ,yeah, its on you if you don't like something someone does within the rules.

I think the back-and-forth about Taylor County and Hilton is more then "running up the score". You said you could see both sides of the argument. How do you see the Taylor County side of the argument? There are more then "rules" in sports, there is "what should happen".

First, I have seen that anyone who is successful in life or coaching; they have enemies. Seems there are more losers here in Kentucky than winners. They then pile on when the winner makes a bad call. Dudley has given many years to the coaching profession, I have coached against him and yes he put up 50+ on us. I do think we had 28 or somewhere around that. His team was better and we fought to keep it close. I have coached against Campbellsville and they were always on the short end of the scoreboard and crying about us running up the score. The irony of this thread is amazing!!!! My point, Dudley has dedicated his life to coaching and I'm sure has helped more than he has ever hurt or taught bad habits. I personally know both of the coaches being discussed in this thread and if I had a kid who needed a coach, Dudley would be my choice 10 to 1. Why? I like coaches who are winners, it is my job as a parent to raise my child and teach them right from wrong. Good behavior from bad. Life will present them many challenges, they will need to be prepared to handle them all and you the parent won't be there to help them at that moment. Thoughts from an Old Coach who gave it up due to this kind of crap!!!!

  • Author
Like it has been mentioned previously in the thread, they should have played some defense, and the late TD might not be an issue right now. Regardless, Dudley is a man who is known statewide for his antics and classlessness, his actions including his most recent ones can justify that statement. I don't find it classless to let the kids play the game of football, even late into it, IMO. I highly doubt Cville would have done this to Graves' TC squad if that says anything about it all.

 

I believe they did play some defense. It was close until about 6 minutes left in the game. The play in question was a 4th and goal from the 13 with 16 seconds left. Cville chose to heave into the endzone. It was a 50-50 ball that cville came down with. With such a small amount of time left, evidently Estes thought that was the only way to add points to the final tally. The overall question, was it necessary to add points? For all the Dudley haters, please do not forget, how many snaps did Dudley take Friday night? The kids are the ones humiliated not Dudley. Those kids have absolutely no say in who their coach is. They just want to play football. Why take out your hatred for a coach on the players?

  • Author
Like it has been mentioned previously in the thread, they should have played some defense, and the late TD might not be an issue right now. Regardless, Dudley is a man who is known statewide for his antics and classlessness, his actions including his most recent ones can justify that statement. I don't find it classless to let the kids play the game of football, even late into it, IMO. I highly doubt Cville would have done this to Graves' TC squad if that says anything about it all.

 

I would have to disagree. What the eagle fans need to realize is that this a special year for you. What is going to happen next year when Kendon and company are gone? Will you react the same way then? If Dudley did the same thing to cville next year, would the Dudley haters respond with "it's just part of the game?" I would think not, they would be going on about how unnecessary it was and how classless Dudley is. Anyone care to disagree?

  • Author
I still have a hard time understanding how scoring, which is a part of football, is classless. Bethlehem put up 73 against Berea, is it classless THEY didn't call the dogs off earlier? This is just my opinion, Campbellsville and Estes showed a ton of class, with obviously the last second TD being talked about otherwise, because I saw some of TC players throwing some cheap shots at the end of the game and Estes was making sure none of his players were going to respond. He let the scoreboard be the retaliation. I wasn't there for the whole game, but I'm sure it was like that all the way.

 

You definitely missed it. Cheap shots were being thrown on both sides. I do question the number of holding penalties called on cville though. That was until I went back to hudl to watch it. The most egregious was when a cville lineman had the d-end's shoulder pads up over his helmet. There is no question, Kendon has enough talent to break big runs without breaking the rules on the offensive line.

  • Author
According to the KHSAA Campbellsville has a 29 man roster.

 

Could it be possible they did have subs in at the end of the game?

 

I have seen 1A teams "Clear the bench" by subbing along the line and still have a couple starters left.

 

No the starters were still out there.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.