Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dudley Part 2

Featured Replies

  • Author

Excellent question. I did not notice it personally whether he did or not. Was honestly too upset because of the cville antics at the end of the game. I am going on what a rabid cville fan had posted on another thread. Probably shouldn't take it as fact given the ax that everyone seems to have to grind with Dudley.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent question. I did not notice it personally whether he did or not. Was honestly too upset because of the cville antics at the end of the game. I am going on what a rabid cville fan had posted on another thread. Probably shouldn't take it as fact given the ax that everyone seems to have to grind with Dudley.

 

It is a fact. Just like it's also a fact that he had his team turn their backs to Cville as the player/team awards were given. Love the call by Cville to score and pretty sure many across the state would probly agree with it also.

I don't find it classless to put up an extra 6 points at the end of a ball game on a coach who, quite frankly, deserves it. Touchdowns are a part of a game, even with 16 seconds left. Cheating is not. Also, having a team not shake hands and their backs toward the winning team while giving out awards is just cowardly.

It classless to throw a touchdown with 16 seconds left when you're up 2 touchdowns. I don't care what the other coach did. Sounds like both coaches need a lesson in humility.

It classless to throw a touchdown with 16 seconds left when you're up 2 touchdowns. I don't care what the other coach did. Sounds like both coaches need a lesson in humility.

 

Just play defense. Problem solved.

I don't see it disrespectful to punish a team with your offense. At any point in the game. That's the name of the game. Besides, in rivalry games like this was, who wouldn't want to beat your rival by as much as you could?

I'm all for shaking hands in any situation, but it's not required. Is it a show of respect, yes but maybe he felt that they don't deserve respect for running up the score I don't know.

 

 

This guy sounds like a mixture of what people think Coach Cal and Bill Belichick are.

If your up late and you have the ball, the correct thing is to kneel down and take the vicotry, if it's by 1 or by a million, even if your on the 1 yard line with 10+ seconds to go or a minute to go, take a knee, shake hands and head to the locker room, not add another TD and 2 point conversion to run up the score. IMHO, I don't blame Dudley for not shaking hands, I wouldn't have shook hands either.

Like it has been mentioned previously in the thread, they should have played some defense, and the late TD might not be an issue right now. Regardless, Dudley is a man who is known statewide for his antics and classlessness, his actions including his most recent ones can justify that statement. I don't find it classless to let the kids play the game of football, even late into it, IMO. I highly doubt Cville would have done this to Graves' TC squad if that says anything about it all.

Still, you still should take a knee and go to the locker room with the victory in hand, not run up the score with just seconds remaining. That honestly shows classless on Campbellsville's part, JMHO

I still have a hard time understanding how scoring, which is a part of football, is classless. Bethlehem put up 73 against Berea, is it classless THEY didn't call the dogs off earlier? This is just my opinion, Campbellsville and Estes showed a ton of class, with obviously the last second TD being talked about otherwise, because I saw some of TC players throwing some cheap shots at the end of the game and Estes was making sure none of his players were going to respond. He let the scoreboard be the retaliation. I wasn't there for the whole game, but I'm sure it was like that all the way.

I totally understand in this day of trash talking, taunting, celebration dances, tweets, blah blah blah........ that at times scores do get run up for personal reasons. I despise all this junk but I learned years ago how to deal with those things that are out of my control. What if it is not personal though? Most often pride and bruised egos do not allow one to see the following is possible 1.) kids work hard to play and they like to score, it's fun! 2.) maybe the backups are in and trying to earn some more playing time 3.) the coach and players are working on plays for potential key situations down the road. Why does everything have to be an injustice these days? Getting it handed to you (in sports or life in general) results in either acceptance, rolling over and quitting, or motivation to become better. My message to anyone on the bitter end of such: I'm glad you don't like it, you should never like it or accept it, now (with a smack on the figurative behind) let's go out and do what we got to do to get better.

According to the KHSAA Campbellsville has a 29 man roster.

 

Could it be possible they did have subs in at the end of the game?

 

I have seen 1A teams "Clear the bench" by subbing along the line and still have a couple starters left.

It doesn't matter who's in. Take a knee. End the game. You're not working on anything with backups when there is 16 seconds left that requires you to throw the ball in the end zone.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.