1A #1 Beechwood at Ironton (OH) Predictions

Who wins this game?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• Beechwood
    • Ironton

Beechwood has not had much trouble on the road versus 2 ranked 2A teams in their first two games. This week they face an even bigger challenge as they travel 3 hours to Ironton (OH) to face in their home stadium. Ironton will not be happy after losing two games already. Ironton looks to have a big size advantage on Beechwood. Can Beechwood make it 3 wins in a row on the road versus tough opponents? Is Ironton too big for Beechwood inexperienced and smaller line? What does each team need to do to get a win?

I'm torn on this one. I certainly think Beechwood can win the game, but like RaiderPride said, its gonna be hard to beat Ironton at the tank, coming off a home loss to Russell. If Beechwood pulls off the win, I expect the Tigers will come into Putnam the following week with fire in their eyes.

I'm torn on this one. I certainly think Beechwood can win the game, but like RaiderPride said, its gonna be hard to beat Ironton at the tank, coming off a home loss to Russell. If Beechwood pulls off the win, I expect the Tigers will come into Putnam the following week with fire in their eyes.

JD, love the avatar, you are getting into the realm of Gametime.

Without Paledino and Young, Beechwood wins comfortably by 2 scores or so. Without either of them its a tight game. With both of them at 80% or better, I like Ironton at home. Too many variables and unknowns for me to make a selection. I havent heard for sure, but I heard they were trying to move the game to Saturday night. Anyone heard anything similar or definite?

Without Paledino and Young, Beechwood wins comfortably by 2 scores or so. Without either of them its a tight game. With both of them at 80% or better, I like Ironton at home. Too many variables and unknowns for me to make a selection. I havent heard for sure, but I heard they were trying to move the game to Saturday night. Anyone heard anything similar or definite?

Why would they push the game back to Saturday night. Just curious.

I had just heard they were moving it due to travel time for Beechwood as well as ticket sales. Greenup/Raceland and Russell/Ashland going on that night as well. My info came from an Ironton parent, so it's hard to say if it has any truth to it. But I had heard it from a few others in the area as well.

Why is it a travel issue? Beechwood just traveled the same distance to Somerset Friday night and had no issues. Plus, the traffic on I-75 and the first few miles off the exit to Somerset was awful. Don't worry about ticket sales. Beechwood travels well and I am sure the Ironton faithful will be there no matter what. Would the extra day help the walking wounded?

I haven't heard anything about moving the game to Saturday, from anyone at Ironton anyhow.

Looks like this and the Ashland game could be make or break games for the Fighting Tigers towards making the Playoffs. I believe we had 5 Players go out with injuries against Russell, haven't heard the extent of any of them yet. Hopefully they'll be ready to go come Friday night.

IMO it's all about the ticket sales and nothing about Beechwood traveling. If I were Beechwood I would refuse to have the game rescheduled.

Why is it a travel issue? Beechwood just traveled the same distance to Somerset Friday night and had no issues. Plus, the traffic on I-75 and the first few miles off the exit to Somerset was awful. Don't worry about ticket sales. Beechwood travels well and I am sure the Ironton faithful will be there no matter what. Would the extra day help the walking wounded?