Paintsville 23 Pikeville 22 (OT)

Randy Parker

Story

Just a great game.. both defenses settled in and the teams traded blows and were as even as you will find for 4 quarters

Paintsville lost their HB Kent Phelps to injury and Pikeville's stud RB Pugh played the majority of the game limping with either an injury or craps. He clearly wasn;t himself.

Daniel fought cramps and willed his team to victory.

Pikeville led 15-8 and Pikeville forced a turnover on downs and appeared to have it locked up. A bad snap was fumbled and Paintsville recovered and a beautiful TD pass from Daniel and subsequent conversion run tied the game.

Pikeville attempted a drive but Daniel forced a fumble on defense and the Tigers recovered. A PI call in regulation and a near circus catch left Paintsville with 4th Down. Daniel broke about 4 tackles and dove for the score but was out at the 1 as time expired.

Pikeville opened OT with Pugh bulling into the endzone. The Panthers kicked the XP.

The Daniel took it on himself and bulldozed through tackles for the score and subsequent conversion.

Great game.

For Paintsville to get this win without the services of Kent Phelps in the second half makes this performance doubly impressive.

After swapping blowouts last year, I guess it's fitting that these two teams are so even this year. There's a long way to go, but I think they'll see each other again in November.

Kash Daniel and Daric Pugh definitely eat their Wheaties.

Great game, caught it online. Have to respect the way Paintsville plays. Hard nosed, physical. Credit their kids, coaches and community.

If there is a better player in KY than Kash, I haven't seen them (though I only see the players we play or have played against). Took the game upon his shoulders and simply refused to lose.

Pikeville played hard as well. Both teams have an excellent shot of having outstanding seasons. Best of luck to both.

What a game!! Thought my Panthers would win this one, but just couldn't pull it out. Daric Pugh was not at 100%. That was clear, but that is NO excuse. No doubt. Kash Daniel is a beast! Just hope we get another shot in November. Congrats to the Paintsville Tigers. A great team!

Story

Just a great game.. both defenses settled in and the teams traded blows and were as even as you will find for 4 quarters

Paintsville lost their HB Kent Phelps to injury and Pikeville's stud RB Pugh played the majority of the game limping with either an injury or craps. He clearly wasn;t himself.

Daniel fought cramps and willed his team to victory.

Pikeville led 15-8 and Pikeville forced a turnover on downs and appeared to have it locked up. A bad snap was fumbled and Paintsville recovered and a beautiful TD pass from Daniel and subsequent conversion run tied the game.

Pikeville attempted a drive but Daniel forced a fumble on defense and the Tigers recovered. A PI call in regulation and a near circus catch left Paintsville with 4th Down. Daniel broke about 4 tackles and dove for the score but was out at the 1 as time expired.

Pikeville opened OT with Pugh bulling into the endzone. The Panthers kicked the XP.

The Daniel took it on himself and bulldozed through tackles for the score and subsequent conversion.

Great game.

He was stopped 3 different times before he crossed the goal line......just a GREAT effort. :ylsuper: