Boyle County 42 Danville 20

BlacknGold

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@theguru this Boyle team is really good but I wouldn't quite put them on the same pedestal as the Chuck Smith Boyle teams from 99-04. That could change come December but as of now they come up just short on the talent spectrum. All the teams during the 99-04 era had at least 2+ guys on the team that went to the FCS level or higher all the while playing at the intensity Chuck Smith demands from his players. So far this years team has shown the intensity and desire just not that talent level. Yes Josiah is a great QB but I think he is more of a D1 baseball guy but not so much in football. He could definitely be a great fit in a D2 or NAIA school. If they make it to the state championship game I think it will make that team even more impressive due to the fact it will be a well balanced total team effort.

@theguru this Boyle team is really good but I wouldn't quite put them on the same pedestal as the Chuck Smith Boyle teams from 99-04. That could change come December but as of now they come up just short on the talent spectrum. All the teams during the 99-04 era had at least 2+ guys on the team that went to the FCS level or higher all the while playing at the intensity Chuck Smith demands from his players. So far this years team has shown the intensity and desire just not that talent level. Yes Josiah is a great QB but I think he is more of a D1 baseball guy but not so much in football. He could definitely be a great fit in a D2 or NAIA school. If they make it to the state championship game I think it will make that team even more impressive due to the fact it will be a well balanced total team effort.

Thanks for the information WD.

I would like to see you post more.

Some stats from the game.

BC

Rushing 30 rushes 90 yards 2 TDS

Passing 20-31 414 yards 4 TDS 1 Int. ( 3 receivers with over 90 yards)

Totals 50 plays for 504 yards

1st downs 17

3rd down conv. 6/10

4th down conv. 1/2

8 penalties for 80 yards

Red Zone 6 times 5 scores (All TDS)

Danville

Rushing 19 rushes for 62 yards 2 TDS

Passing 19-31 189 yards 1 TD 1 Int.

Total: 50 plays for 251 yards

1st downs 17

3rd down conv. 3/9

4th down conv. 1/3

Penalties 2-20yards

Fumbles 2-1

Red Zone 4 times 3 scores (All TDS)

This.

Josey may have a chance to play football in the Ivy League is what I have heard. I'm not sure what level that is though. I'm pretty sure he would rather play football than baseball at the next level. That could change though.

This.

Josey may have a chance to play football in the Ivy League is what I have heard. I'm not sure what level that is though. I'm pretty sure he would rather play football than baseball at the next level. That could change though.

He's a heck of a QB. I think Ivy League is 1-AA isn't it? I'm not 100% sure about that.