Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County 42 Danville 20

Featured Replies

  • Replies 30
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either Boyle is really good or Danville was just the perfect matchup against Rock last week.... or both.

I am curious how anyone that watched Boyle play tonight thinks this team compares to some Chuck Smith Boyle teams of the past?

Running clock 42-6 in the 3rd and Boyle costed the rest of the way. Boyle firing on all cylindars.

Boyle is a really good team...as is Danville, just not on the same level. Boyle plays really good defense and will put a hat on you in droves. When the offense starts clicking, look out.

Boyle is blue collar strong. Nothing fancy. Just basic fundamental football. The only way Danville could hurt Boyle was the long ball. Wasnt going to happen. Good luck to Danville the rest of the season. Nice win Rebels.

@theguru this Boyle team is really good but I wouldn't quite put them on the same pedestal as the Chuck Smith Boyle teams from 99-04. That could change come December but as of now they come up just short on the talent spectrum. All the teams during the 99-04 era had at least 2+ guys on the team that went to the FCS level or higher all the while playing at the intensity Chuck Smith demands from his players. So far this years team has shown the intensity and desire just not that talent level. Yes Josiah is a great QB but I think he is more of a D1 baseball guy but not so much in football. He could definitely be a great fit in a D2 or NAIA school. If they make it to the state championship game I think it will make that team even more impressive due to the fact it will be a well balanced total team effort.

@theguru this Boyle team is really good but I wouldn't quite put them on the same pedestal as the Chuck Smith Boyle teams from 99-04. That could change come December but as of now they come up just short on the talent spectrum. All the teams during the 99-04 era had at least 2+ guys on the team that went to the FCS level or higher all the while playing at the intensity Chuck Smith demands from his players. So far this years team has shown the intensity and desire just not that talent level. Yes Josiah is a great QB but I think he is more of a D1 baseball guy but not so much in football. He could definitely be a great fit in a D2 or NAIA school. If they make it to the state championship game I think it will make that team even more impressive due to the fact it will be a well balanced total team effort.

 

Thanks for the information WD.

 

I would like to see you post more.

I didn't care much for Danville's offensive game plan but Boyle was just better. There was a point early in the game when it felt like Danville could compete but a few mistakes here and there and it was over.

Some stats from the game.

 

BC

 

Rushing 30 rushes 90 yards 2 TDS

Passing 20-31 414 yards 4 TDS 1 Int. ( 3 receivers with over 90 yards)

Totals 50 plays for 504 yards

1st downs 17

3rd down conv. 6/10

4th down conv. 1/2

8 penalties for 80 yards

Red Zone 6 times 5 scores (All TDS)

 

 

Danville

 

Rushing 19 rushes for 62 yards 2 TDS

Passing 19-31 189 yards 1 TD 1 Int.

Total: 50 plays for 251 yards

1st downs 17

3rd down conv. 3/9

4th down conv. 1/3

Penalties 2-20yards

Fumbles 2-1

Red Zone 4 times 3 scores (All TDS)

@theguru this Boyle team is really good but I wouldn't quite put them on the same pedestal as the Chuck Smith Boyle teams from 99-04. That could change come December but as of now they come up just short on the talent spectrum. All the teams during the 99-04 era had at least 2+ guys on the team that went to the FCS level or higher all the while playing at the intensity Chuck Smith demands from his players. So far this years team has shown the intensity and desire just not that talent level. Yes Josiah is a great QB but I think he is more of a D1 baseball guy but not so much in football. He could definitely be a great fit in a D2 or NAIA school. If they make it to the state championship game I think it will make that team even more impressive due to the fact it will be a well balanced total team effort.

 

This.

 

Josey may have a chance to play football in the Ivy League is what I have heard. I'm not sure what level that is though. I'm pretty sure he would rather play football than baseball at the next level. That could change though.

I could look at that stat alone and tell you the outcome of the game:

 

Danville

 

Rushing 19 rushes for 62 yards 2 TDS

Passing 19-31 189 yards 1 TD 1 Int

This.

 

Josey may have a chance to play football in the Ivy League is what I have heard. I'm not sure what level that is though. I'm pretty sure he would rather play football than baseball at the next level. That could change though.

 

He's a heck of a QB. I think Ivy League is 1-AA isn't it? I'm not 100% sure about that.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.