September 3, 201511 yr Like Hatz, I don't hold to the "Left Behind" view of the end times. I believe in a rapture, as 1 Thessalonians 4 describes, but I believe that's the end. No seven years of tribulation. Will it happen in my lifetime? No clue. If Jesus said he didn't know when it would happen, then I'm not going to speculate. I do love studying eschatology, though. Couldn't have said it better. And every generation seems to have said the same thing. Gotta be soon, don't know how much worse it can get. Well, considering the way the back of the book reads, where exactly do we expect our nation to end up?
September 3, 201511 yr My guess is people have been saying for 100+ years "well based on how the world is now it's got to be close."
September 3, 201511 yr I do understand where LRCW is coming from, feeling like it will be soon. I've thought the same from time to time.
September 3, 201511 yr I do understand where LRCW is coming from, feeling like it will be soon. I've thought the same from time to time. I get that feeling as well but then I go back and observe history. Not just of the US but of the world. I would imagine the same thoughts went through the heads of people in Europe during the Black Death when about one third of the entire population died. Or during the World Wars. Or other times of great persecution.
September 3, 201511 yr My guess is people have been saying for 100+ years "well based on how the world is now it's got to be close." Especially World War 2 & the Cuban missile crisis.
September 3, 201511 yr My guess is people have been saying for 100+ years "well based on how the world is now it's got to be close." The New Testament Believers thought the return of Christ was imminent. My thoughts are that His believers have always said that his return will happen during their lifetime… JMO.
September 3, 201511 yr The New Testament Believers thought the return of Christ was imminent. My thoughts are that His believers have always said that his return will happen during their lifetime… JMO. I know no one that thinks Jesus is returning in their life, they think it is a definite possibility (as do I) but not a certainty by any means. Do some think that way, sure...but most Christians know that they have no idea when Jesus will return.
September 3, 201511 yr I don't tend to worry about the Rapture, I've read the end of the book...the good guys win!
September 4, 201511 yr I don't tend to worry about the Rapture, I've read the end of the book...the good guys win! I understand what you are saying, believe me. Growing up in a pastor's home, I've dangled my feet off the front pew of numerous churches in the tri-state area. I think the bigger question is, are His believers going to experience the tribulation or be caught up in the twinkling of an eye, and miss out on all the horrible stuff. Really, I understand your stance, I'm with you... I'm just playing devil's advocate.
September 9, 201511 yr Seems like we're getting closer and closer every day and there is just something about the times we are in that make me wonder. Lots of cultures (not just Christian) have pointed to this time period and signaled something major will happen. I tend to agree with Sportsguy something significant will happen I'm just not sure what. If you are to believe it then we are just entering into the fifth age or the final age or "Age of Aquarious". This is why you see the V symbolism so much in today's culture. But basically the Bible talks of five ages, and other cultures did as well. Unfortunately this is the time of Satan's brief reign on earth. This is becoming more and more evident if you focus on the recent trends of our society. The veil is lifting so to speak, so many things that were once hidden are now coming to light. I know I drew some ire and some laughs when a year or two ago I created a thread about occultism in entertainment, but I am telling you this happens. You can start to see it more and more. So many entertainers are now puppets for this new age movement and they are projecting things into our society than 50 years ago would be criminal. Let's also look at some clues or events that may have significance in terms of this subject. Let me snowball if you will at some factors in play at the moment. -Israel achieving statehood and recognized as its own nation in the late 40's. (Bible prophecy emphasis on things happening in the generation to follow this event) -Signs in the heavens/skies (recent tetrad of blood moons and other astrological phenomena) -signs in the earth (oceans, lakes, rivers turning red as blood. animals dying mysteriously at alarming rate). Earthquakes powerful in nature and in diverse places as the Bible predicts. Same for powerful storms such as Katrina, Sandy, etc. -rapid decline of morals, ethics and values. -Famines and pestilences throughout the world. -Pending financial crisis and collapse (see Greece). Also correlates with Shemetiah year and other financial crisis' during past Shemetiahs. -New Age Movement (possibly leading to one world religion) corresponding to religious persecution (across middle east and elsewhere) and a break from a "Godly society". Society separating further and further from God. -Elite power system (1% of worlds population control 99% of worlds wealth). New World Order? One world government? World Central Banking system controlling the money (essentially owned and operated by Rothschild Family). The Bilderbergs, Bohemian Grove, and other secret societies fueled by greed and thirst for power and control. -RFID chip technology. Mark of the beast? Some already have them implanted. -Zionest Jews (unlike the Jews or Hebrew people of the Bible. A new breed of Jew who practice Kabbalah and Magik and are descendants of Frankests and other Jewish break off sects who are referred to in the Bible as the "Synagogue of Satan". The Zionest's are very powerful and influence Entertainment, media, banking, etc. Are responsible for Palestinian crisis and poor middle east relations. Speculated to bring on the end times. And these are just a few things IMO that could be clues or symptoms of a society spiraling out of control. The Bible states that "as in the days of Noah it will be again". So as the world was wicked in corrupt in Noah's day it has once again regressed to that state, where people are far from God and far from salvation. The Bible also talks about a different breed of human in Noahs day, resulting from the Sons of God choosing to lay with the daughters of man because of a lust for the beauty for the earthly woman. This resulted in Giants or hybrids, demigods etc. in those Biblical days (also evident in Greek, Roman, Egyptian, etc. mythology). What is man now doing? The transhumanism movement is growing rapidly and through cloning, nano technology, gene suppression, and other breakthroughs in this field man is trying to hard to imitate and play God. So, as in the days of Noah? For all those who may mock and doubt, I pray that you read your Bibles and ask for guidance. It is there, it is written, it is in the word. AND....as scary as it is, it's actually all playing out right before our eyes.
September 9, 201511 yr For all those who may mock and doubt, I pray that you read your Bibles and ask for guidance. It is there, it is written, it is in the word. AND....as scary as it is, it's actually all playing out right before our eyes. And I will pray that you read yours and ask for guidance as well. You could be right. Or you could be very wrong and seeing what you want to see. I pray that either way, God be glorified and faith be strengthened.
September 9, 201511 yr And I will pray that you read yours and ask for guidance as well. You could be right. Or you could be very wrong and seeing what you want to see. I pray that either way, God be glorified and faith be strengthened. So you don't see anything that is written in the Bible being played out in today's world? And BTW, I ask for guidance every time I read the Bible, go to Church, leave for work every morning, etc. I feel the spirit has shown me things and opened my eyes to a world many will fail to know exists. A world of truth.
September 9, 201511 yr As for your opinion on suffering Hatz I agree. Jesus said we must all carry our cross and that to follow him will mean persecution and suffering. But it also means reward at the end of the day. So I agree with your notion that suffering may be involved even for those of strong faith, perhaps even more suffering for those with the strongest faith. All of the apostles died horrendous deaths in the name of Christ. Many of us will face the same hardships they faced. It is becoming evident that it is becoming increasingly harder to openly be a Christian and confess Christ in todays day and age. I feel this is just the beginning. Look at what ISIS is doing in the middle east and it is apparent the worst is yet to come for those who believe and follow his word. The thing that has hurt Christianity is all of the "so called Christians" who judge, mock, and snub their nose at others with their holier than thou attitudes. This has turned so many people off to the religion and religion in general that it is hard for some to accept things as they see most Christians as hypocrites. This makes it increasingly hard on the true believers who try to follow and live their lives based on Christ's teachings. To accept, love, and help one another regardless of personal differences. To cherish life for the heavenly things and not worldly things. To live with love and peace and not hate and disgust.
September 9, 201511 yr So you don't see anything that is written in the Bible being played out in today's world? And BTW, I ask for guidance every time I read the Bible, go to Church, leave for work every morning, etc. I feel the spirit has shown me things and opened my eyes to a world many will fail to know exists. A world of truth. As do I my friend. Can things we see today be examples of a "hastening of our Lord's Return?" Surely. But it is important to note that many of these things have been a part of the horrors of this world since it fell from Eden's Garden. You bring up financial calamity. It is scary. But is it more scary than the Great Depression that enveloped the world after WW I? Conflicts are escalating. But haven't they always done so? Signs of nature have always been devastating. Earthquakes that make the Mississippi flow backwards have been reported in the New Madrid Quake of 1800. Hurricanes like Katrina were devastating. But so was the one that hit Galveston in 1900. Pompeii in 79 AD? I'm not trying to undermine your discovery but take it into historical context.
September 9, 201511 yr As for your opinion on suffering Hatz I agree. Jesus said we must all carry our cross and that to follow him will mean persecution and suffering. But it also means reward at the end of the day. So I agree with your notion that suffering may be involved even for those of strong faith, perhaps even more suffering for those with the strongest faith. All of the apostles died horrendous deaths in the name of Christ. Many of us will face the same hardships they faced. It is becoming evident that it is becoming increasingly harder to openly be a Christian and confess Christ in todays day and age. I feel this is just the beginning. Look at what ISIS is doing in the middle east and it is apparent the worst is yet to come for those who believe and follow his word. The thing that has hurt Christianity is all of the "so called Christians" who judge, mock, and snub their nose at others with their holier than thou attitudes. This has turned so many people off to the religion and religion in general that it is hard for some to accept things as they see most Christians as hypocrites. This makes it increasingly hard on the true believers who try to follow and live their lives based on Christ's teachings. To accept, love, and help one another regardless of personal differences. To cherish life for the heavenly things and not worldly things. To live with love and peace and not hate and disgust. Harder for Americans but the world has seen this for a long time and at many episodes. Like when the Hougonots were slaughtered in France? The Protestants persecuted throughout Europe? The church in the Soviet Union that stayed alive despite persecution. China as well. Your last paragraph is very good and spot on.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.