How many believe?

LRCW

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure he is no where near as progressive as Francis. Francis has basically been the opposite of almost every other pope. He is celebrated by those not Catholic or not even religious so you know he has to be different if there's that much crossover appeal.

Do you know anything about John XXIII?

Far from being a mere "stopgap" pope, to great excitement, John XXIII called for an ecumenical council fewer than ninety years after the First Vatican Council (Vatican I's predecessor, the Council of Trent, had been held in the 16th century). This decision was announced on 29 January 1959 at the Basilica of Saint Paul Outside the Walls. Cardinal Giovanni Battista Montini, who later became Pope Paul VI, remarked to Giulio Bevilacqua that "this holy old boy doesn't realise what a hornet's nest he's stirring up".[52] From the Second Vatican Council came changes that reshaped the face of Catholicism: a comprehensively revised liturgy, a stronger emphasis on ecumenism, and a new approach to the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_John_XXIII

I recall having a church history professor tell us: John the XXIII took the RC kicking and screaming into the 20th century.

All the hate and evil, and immorality that we seem to see on an increasing basis.

I'm not disputing the thought but is it increasing or is our perception of it increasing?

Has the 24 hour News Cycle created an even greater foreboding because we have film and an eternal look of TV to watch it all unfold? And then it makes it appear worse than we remember. In another thread the debate of the way Officers are being targeted is rampant. (And I'm not saying they are or aren't) But the stats show fewer have been killed on the job this year than last. And that is a stat based on to this date versus this date in 2014.

All the hate and evil, and immorality that we seem to see on an increasing basis.

I'm not trying to be a smart alleck here, but applying that logic, wouldn't "we the people" control the Lord's return? As in, if we (as a whole) behave poorly, the end is near. On the other hand, if we are well-behaved, then the Lord's return is not near?

I'm not trying to be a smart alleck here, but applying that logic, wouldn't "we the people" control the Lord's return? As in, if we (as a whole) behave poorly, the end is near. On the other hand, if we are well-behaved, then the Lord's return is not near?

Aren't "we the people" responsible for Jesus's first coming? :D

I'm not disputing the thought but is it increasing or is our perception of it increasing?

Has the 24 hour News Cycle created an even greater foreboding because we have film and an eternal look of TV to watch it all unfold? And then it makes it appear worse than we remember. In another thread the debate of the way Officers are being targeted is rampant. (And I'm not saying they are or aren't) But the stats show fewer have been killed on the job this year than last. And that is a stat based on to this date versus this date in 2014.

Fewer may have been killed on the job, but were they execution style like we have recently seen, and ambushed like others have been?

I just believe we are seeing more and more of the prophecy of the signs of Christ return coming to pass.

2 Timothy 3:1-5 (NASB)

1 But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. 2 For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, 4 treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.

We have seen some of these signs just in the last few days.

Hatz and some of the others....

I apologize that I haven't had time to get some sources up and posted for you guys. I was super busy yesterday evening and I am currently in the middle of some things at work. I will try to find some good stuff for you all to read.

However, I will encourage you to do some research on your own if you would like. Most of my information has come from all the research I've done in the past and from documentaries I have watched and so on and so forth. I am just very interested in certain topics and have put a lot of time into looking into a lot of this stuff. So again feel free to look at some of this stuff yourself, but I will try to get some good source info to read.

Can you cite the texts you (or really others) are using for the "One World Government" theory. I like to know what we can all discuss about in terms of having the same sources and texts to debate.

BTW, the League of Nations failed miserably. The UN is a straw man and it's ironic that I heard these same theories when the Soviet Union was the big bad bully on the bloc.

No real sources on this just my opinion.

If you believe in the Bible and what it says will happen then you should believe there is eventually going to be a "beast system" in place or one world government. All of the nations of the earth will be aligned under one, the same for religions.

I am just putting two and two together that if there was ever a time where this is becoming more and more possible it is now. Not saying it's going to happen, not saying this is what is happening. Just connecting the dots and pointing to the fact that with all of the countries starting to align themselves with one another it is becoming increasingly easy to foresee the Bible prophecy coming true in that regard.

Then you add the central banking connections and a few other things and it is really easy to connect the dots to the idea that it is becoming more and more feasible. Technology has connected the modern world in a way that has been transformative. Are we in the end times? Who knowS? BUT, it is getting more and more possible each day.

That's all I am trying to say. I never said this was going down 100% and that I had sources saying that's why all the partnerships were happening. Just from my personal standpoint I can see how it may relate to the Bible.

No real sources on this just my opinion.

If you believe in the Bible and what it says will happen then you should believe there is eventually going to be a "beast system" in place or one world government. All of the nations of the earth will be aligned under one, the same for religions.

I am just putting two and two together that if there was ever a time where this is becoming more and more possible it is now. Not saying it's going to happen, not saying this is what is happening. Just connecting the dots and pointing to the fact that with all of the countries starting to align themselves with one another it is becoming increasingly easy to foresee the Bible prophecy coming true in that regard.

Then you add the central banking connections and a few other things and it is really easy to connect the dots to the idea that it is becoming more and more feasible. Technology has connected the modern world in a way that has been transformative. Are we in the end times? Who knowS? BUT, it is getting more and more possible each day.

That's all I am trying to say. I never said this was going down 100% and that I had sources saying that's why all the partnerships were happening. Just from my personal standpoint I can see how it may relate to the Bible.

Dolamite, I respect your convictions and your passion.

But I do read the Bible. And I do believe in what it has to say. But I do not read it with the lens that you appear to read the Apocalyptic literature with.

I appreciate your posts and your time.

For another perspective I would recommend:

Craig R. Koester's book Revelation and the End of All Things.

Revelation and the End of All Things: Craig R. Koester: 9780802846600: Amazon.com: Books

I would also add: Left Behind? by James M. Efrid.

http://www.amazon.com/Left-Behind-James-M-Efird/dp/1573124613

Or for an older one but great one, (hard to find in print now): Ray Summers' work Worthy is the Lamb

http://www.amazon.com/Worthy-Is-Lamb-Ray-Summers/dp/0805420746

Dolamite, I respect your convictions and your passion.

But I do read the Bible. And I do believe in what it has to say. But I do not read it with the lens that you appear to read the Apocalyptic literature with.

I appreciate your posts and your time.

For another perspective I would recommend:

Craig R. Koester's book Revelation and the End of All Things.

Revelation and the End of All Things: Craig R. Koester: 9780802846600: Amazon.com: Books

I would also add: Left Behind? by James M. Efrid.

http://www.amazon.com/Left-Behind-James-M-Efird/dp/1573124613

Or for an older one but great one, (hard to find in print now): Ray Summers' work Worthy is the Lamb

http://www.amazon.com/Worthy-Is-Lamb-Ray-Summers/dp/0805420746

I will definitely check them out and give them a look. I am very open to things and have always had an open mind (a little too open sometimes).

However, I will say this. One thing that really made a lot of sense was when I heard someone say, "what book was Jesus referencing or referring too?" "what were his sources?"

Given I understand he was a scholar and quoted the Hebrew texts extensively, the point they were making was Jesus did not need outside information. He spoke from the heart and he spoke truth in it's purest form. He did not have to say, so and so said, and so and so was quoted with this.

So the point I am trying to make is although I may read the literature and could actually enjoy it, at the end of the day it is just someones opinion. Just as I have opinion on Revelations and other books of the Bible so do they. Doesn't make either right or wrong, much like it doesn't mean you or myself are right or wrong. Everyone may interpret the Bible differently, so just because a couple guys write books saying they know the truth and know what the end time will bring doesn't mean they really know. None of us know!