Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How many believe?

Featured Replies

For those of you that believe The Bible, that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and believe in His second coming, how many of you believe that Jesus's return (The Rapture) will happen in their lifetime?

  • Replies 64
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting topic. I do believe that a HUGE event will take place in our lifetime, I am interested in the next 2-3 years. But, if it, the event, or the rapture happens in our lifetimes, then it will, but we don't know the timing of Our Lord's return.

  • Author
Interesting topic. I do believe that a HUGE event will take place in our lifetime, I am interested in the next 2-3 years. But, if it, the event, or the rapture happens in our lifetimes, then it will, but we don't know the timing of Our Lord's return.

 

You're exactly right. Nobody does, but I certainly feel the way the world is now, it's gotta be close.

I believe in the second coming of my Lord Jesus Christ. I do not believe it will be a rapture or the dispensational predictions. Will it be in my lifetime? I don't know.

 

I tell people it is closer today than yesterday, and farther away today than tomorrow.

Interesting topic. I do believe that a HUGE event will take place in our lifetime, I am interested in the next 2-3 years. But, if it, the event, or the rapture happens in our lifetimes, then it will, but we don't know the timing of Our Lord's return.

 

Interestingly, yesterday I talked with a lady who said something was to happen in the next 2-3 year........

Edited by Lawnboy13

  • Author
I believe in the second coming of my Lord Jesus Christ. I do not believe it will be a rapture or the dispensational predictions. Will it be in my lifetime? I don't know.

 

I tell people it is closer today than yesterday, and farther away today than tomorrow.

 

Why don't you believe this, and what do you believe will happen with His second coming?

Interestingly I talked with a lady who said something was to happen in the next 2-3 year........

 

Did she mention Fatima? To be specific on the year, 2017, on May or October 13?

Why don't you believe this, and what do you believe will happen with His second coming?

 

Rapture theology is only traced back to the 19th century. It's distinctively Western and predominately American.

 

I believe Jesus returns and time ends and the Kingdom of God is established and the vision of John in Revelation is reality for all believers.

  • Author
Rapture theology is only traced back to the 19th century. It's distinctively Western and predominately American.

 

I believe Jesus returns and time ends and the Kingdom of God is established and the vision of John in Revelation is reality for all believers.

 

So you don't believe in the tribulation period?

I do not know the day or hour. But I get the sense that it will be very soon. And YES, it is highly possible it will be in my lifetime.

 

I think the greater question is for one to ask themselves is "Am I ready for Christ when he returns to gather those who are His?

 

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 “For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words.”

 

Matthew 24:30-31 “ Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.”

 

1 Corinthians 15:51-53 “Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality.”

 

When this happens, it will be in a flash, there will be no time to get ready. Trust Jesus Christ with all your heart, give your life to Him, and invite Him in your life as Lord and Savior, and you will be ready! :thumb:

So you don't believe in the tribulation period?

 

Not as dispensationalists describe it. I believe the church has long undergone the suffering of tribulation at many points for 2,000 years. To evacuate the church for a 7 year period is poor interpretation of scripture and a "cop out" of modern Christians who believe they are immune to suffering for the faith. Just my take.

 

BTW, I had a conversation once years ago with someone on the horrors of the tribulation. My dad died of ALS over the course of 3 years. I watched him suffer the loss of his body over that time and remain faithful to the Lord. What is it that the evil of the tribulation can bring that is worse than he endured and still kept his testimony of faith?

 

BTW, thanks for the conversations. Some people just overlook my posts, shake their heads and go on. :lol2:

 

BTW, a couple of great books IMO that give "the other side."

 

"Left Behind: What the Bible Really Says" by James Efrid

 

"Revelation: Three Viewpoints. Beasley-Murray, Hobbs and Robbins"

 

 

"When Time Shall Be No More: Prophecy Belief in Modern American Culture" by Paul Boyer

Amazon.com: When Time Shall Be No More: Prophecy Belief in Modern American Culture (Studies in Cultural History) (9780674951297): Paul Boyer: Books

I personally don't get caught up in the when and how of the end times, but the economic issues, wars, breakdown in society and lack of respect for each other around the world have me concerned that big changes are coming. No, I am not going to crawl into a hole with my guns and supplies. However, I think our sins may be catching up to us.

I was always taught that if there is peace in the middle east, the time is near. So, given the current state of affairs, I think it's a long way off.

Like Hatz, I don't hold to the "Left Behind" view of the end times. I believe in a rapture, as 1 Thessalonians 4 describes, but I believe that's the end. No seven years of tribulation.

 

Will it happen in my lifetime? No clue. If Jesus said he didn't know when it would happen, then I'm not going to speculate.

 

I do love studying eschatology, though.

Concerning the second coming, I heard a guy say one time, "I'm not on the Planning Committee. I'm on the Welcoming Committee."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.