AP Kentucky High School Football Rankings

uk#1fan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ludlow and Perry Central with a first place vote each

:idunno:

Also someone please try to figure out the math on Belfry... though I agree with the #2 ranking despite the 8 First Place Votes.... the other 6 voters averaged a ranking of 5th for Belfry.... either 6 voters had them to low, a couple voters had them REALLY too low, or one voter just didn't have them, in the Top 10 at all.

To me SK beating Bryan Station & CAL is more impressive than X beating a Henry Clay team that is rebuilding and played without Buford in the backfield.

In this case I think it was based on reputation with St.X. I also feel in 6A Scott County has to be #3 or #2 . They punished Pulaski last Friday.

And SK took care of X in a scrimmage.

Somebody please explain to me how X is 3? SK should be 3 or 4.

Reputation and the fact that most people don't give two hoots about practice games, if they are even aware of them. Outside of BGP I doubt if anyone could tell you who a team scrimmaged, let alone the results.

You're right. :lol2:

Well...the whole poll just lost any sort of credibility if you ask me. If someone voted for an 0-2 team that hasn't scored a TD, they need to be removed from voting consideration in the future. That is a total embarrassment to the state and the teams that really deserve to be recognized.

Like a Bill Curry UK team getting Top 25 votes! Ridiculous!!!

Reputation and the fact that most people don't give two hoots about practice games, if they are even aware of them. Outside of BGP I doubt if anyone could tell you who a team scrimmaged, let alone the results.

I agree, you gotta take scrimmages with a grain of salt even if you watched it in person. On top of what you said, most of these polls don't really start working their self out until we are around mid season.

Class 5-A

Rank-School FPV Rcd TP Pvs

1. Bowling Green (12) 2-0 129 —

2. Owensboro (1) 2-0 119 —

3. Highlands – 1-1 100 —

4. Pulaski County – 1-1 72 —

5. Anderson County – 2-0 71 —

6. North Laurel – 2-0 51 —

7. Southwestern – 1-1 43 —

8. Greenwood – 2-0 24 —

9. Fern Creek – 1-1 23 —

10. North Bullitt – 2-0 21 —

(tie)Bullitt Central – 2-0 21 —

Others receiving votes: 12, Cov. Catholic 18. 13, Perry Co. Central (1) 17. 14, Christian Co. 14. 15, Grant Co. 13. 16, South Oldham 9. 17, Graves Co. 7. 17, Dixie Heights 7. 19, Montgomery Co. 4. 20, Barren Co. 3. 21, Harlan Co. 2.

CovCath could give up half a hundy to Cincy St. X every quarter and I'd still take them over 1/2 the teams listed above them everyday of the week.

These rankings tell me one thing the voters haven't watched a game they are going by scores.

Class 6-A

Rank-School FPV Rcd TP Pvs

1. Trinity (11) 2-0 132 —

2. Male (3) 2-0 120 —

3. St. Xavier – 1-0 91 —

4. Scott Co. – 2-0 84 —

5. Manual – 2-0 66 —

6. Cooper – 2-0 65 —

7. Lafayette – 2-0 64 —

(tie)Simon Kenton – 2-0 64 —

9. Ryle – 2-0 26 —

10. Central Hardin – 1-1 15 —

If they were looking at scores, they would have SK higher. So maybe they are looking more at competition.