Dixie Freshman Football

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally I would agree but this is an example of a team that would beat Dixie most years. So I think it is a indicator that without a Frosh team your fine.

The point is- most (if not all) 5A teams and above are able to field a Freshman team. Regardless what Mayfield could do at the Varsity level against Dixie, most 1A schools could not compete.

Normally I would agree but this is an example of a team that would beat Dixie most years. So I think it is a indicator that without a Frosh team your fine.

Pick, how long has it been since Mayfield had a freshmen team? How many freshmen do you all typically have? You guys obviously have a formula for success.

Ashland almost had to cancel their freshman schedule also not enough #s . Go from 38 7th graders to 29 8th graders to 16 now 20 9th graders. Football is a fall sport. Needs to start in the fall. Ashland lost kids to transfers or playing other sports Golf and soccer. Ashland Soccer Team has about 30 boys and A Ton of those could and would play football if not for soccer.

How many Freshmen did Dixie have on the team? You only need 15 kids 20 is plenty.

15 is nowhere near enough. A couple injuries and you're cancelling games. Not to mention you'll be getting kids beat up, and probably more than a couple playing out of position. That's not fun, and you'll have even more quit. 20 is probably the bare minimum, and even that is not ideal.

Beechwood & NCC have enough kids to field a frosh team, but Dixie doesn't?

Beechwood is the only 1A team in N. Ky. with a freshman team. Some of the 2A schools have not been able to field teams recent years. Even New Cath got tight on numbers recently and had to use sophomores in some games to have enough kids to play a game.

How many Freshmen did Dixie have on the team? You only need 15 kids 20 is plenty.

I heard Dixie has about 10 freshmen playing football. Beechwood's freshmen scrimmaged Dixie's freshman+ team when those two programs met in pre-season.

Pick' date=' how long has it been since Mayfield had a freshmen team? How many freshmen do you all typically have? You guys obviously have a formula for success.[/quote']

Sorry my internet was out earlier. We typically have senior classes that graduate between 10/20 kids. As frosh we typically have 15-20 if lucky. We could field a frosh team but doing so it takes away resources from the varsity and simply discovered it was not worth the cost and instead have made great efforts to get the frosh JV snaps