1A #1 Beechwood at 2A #7 Lloyd Predictions

Who you taking in this one?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who you taking in this one?

• Beechwood
    • Lloyd

Beechwood finally gets to play one for real this Friday. The inexperienced Tigers acquitted themselves well in scrimmages versus 6A Conner and 5A Dixie. This week Beechwood renews an old rivalry versus the Lloyd Juggernauts (Best team name in football IMO). Lloyd's program is resurgent. Their roster is bulging with numbers. They got a big victory against Walton Verona in their opener last Friday. What does everyone expect in this one? Should Beechwood's young line be concerned about the Lloyd defense? Does Lloyd have the speed to compete with Beechwood?

I am a little surprised we aren't seeing more talk about this one. Doesn't anyone think Lloyd has a chance?

I am in the camp that it will be close, but I am putting a lot of weight in numbers at Lloyd and the success their MS teams have had the last 3-4 years. That isn't always a great indicator. I know nothing about Lloyd, but I will go with Tiger 42-28

I think the Tigers pull this one out, but am in the minority when I think the final margin will be less than 10 points. I don't know much about Lloyd, but have heard they are very athletic. If they can interrupt Fieger to Slusher and stack the box this could be an interesting game.

From what I have seen so far, I believe this will be closer than most think. Beechwood is young and thin with experience on the big stage accross the line on both sides. The passing game has not really gotten on track, nor has the running game aside from a series or two against Dixie in a scrimmage. This season will be about the maturation of the Beechwood line and how well they can work together. Conditioning seemed to be lacking against Conner, however they looked better against Dixie...so my feeling is that as the year goes along...barring injury...this line should get better and better....which will make Beechwood better and better. Overstreet leads the line. Hermes has gotten stronger and is mean. Sherron will be back, Rowe is tough. Campbell, Talley and other juniors are improving. Should be a fun season to watch.

I am a little surprised we aren't seeing more talk about this one. Doesn't anyone think Lloyd has a chance?

To be perfectly honest.....NO!

Juggs football hasn't been relevant since the Kunkel era......and that's not to take away from what they are trying to accomplish year in and year out. Lloyd has been decimated by the better players heading for greener pastures over the years. However, they always have that 2 or 3 really nice players, but it's not enough to equal sustained success, and in the last couple of years they have made great strides in resurrecting a once SOLID program. Again, JMO.