Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Individual Performance....

Featured Replies

For me it had to be in 2004 when Jamie Hubbard of Highlands carried about 5 Cov. Cath. defenders approx. 15 yards for a Bluebird TD.:dancingpa

  • Replies 54
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in 1968 Alan Hennessey of Trinity touched the ball 6 times and scored 5 TD's against DeSales, I believe it was. That season culminated in Trinity's first state title. Alan got a scholarship to Georgia Tech , as did LB Tommy Rittle, that year. I believe Alan had a pretty serious yards-per-rush average that game.

How about Brohm in the third quarter of the 02' state game? He was four for four with three TDs covering about 250 yards with a total of 47 seconds of possession. Thats pretty efficient.

I'm gonna go back bout......10 years and say one of the best I saw was a Jackson kid from Ironton in a game against Ashland. Old timers here can't remember that ones first name though.

I'm gonna go back bout......10 years and say one of the best I saw was a Jackson kid from Ironton in a game against Ashland. Old timers here can't remember that ones first name though.

 

 

Jermain / Jermane (sp??)

Yea I believe so, misfortune caught up with him after he went to Ohio State though. It's a shame too.

436 yards rushing in one game for Michael West from Lawrence County against East Carter.

Justin Frisk against Leslie County 1995 3A semi-finals. Justin ran all over them that night. I don't think HHS threw more than a couple of passes that night. Truly one of the best performances I have ever seen. HHS lost starting QB to a broken arm the prior week against Holmes. Justin carried that team that night.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

How about this line from Tommy Stevens, playing for Flat Gap in a 1993 game vs. Bugtussel:

 

28 Carries

4 Yards Gained (that works out to just over .14 yards/carry)!!!!

6 Fumbles

0 Touchdowns

 

- and he also threw it in the same game:

 

7 Passes attempted

0 Complete

3 Interceptions

 

 

He put up those numbers, all while playing with a "tight" hamstring!!

 

Had he been healthy, it's hard to imagine just how great a game that could have been ...

 

Sadly, Tommy's scholarship offer would never come. His father was the postal worker that delivered mail to his own home, and everyone knows that Tommy Sr. didn't like colleges. Otherwise, Tommy might have one day worn the Scarlet and Grey.... At least, I think those are the colors of South Ohio State (or as it's more commonly referred to "SOS").

 

 

Frances

This goes way back but didn't former Reds pitcher and pitching coach Don Gullett score something like 72 points or some outrageous amount in a game for the old Mckell High school. Would be interested to know if anyone knows or has any details of that outstanding performance. Must have been something to see.

  • Author
Jermain / Jermane (sp??)

 

 

JERMON JACKSON

This goes way back but didn't former Reds pitcher and pitching coach Don Gullett score something like 72 points or some outrageous amount in a game for the old Mckell High school. Would be interested to know if anyone knows or has any details of that outstanding performance. Must have been something to see.

That has to be the best!

 

Bush/Brohm was the best by 2 players in one game that I have seen. Lienart/Young didn't have anything on these two!

 

West had several huge games like that at Lawrence Co as did Nick Meadows.

Bush/Brohm was the best by 2 players in one game that I have seen. Lienart/Young didn't have anything on these two!

I doubt I'll ever see a head to head shootout match what those two did that evening again...

I doubt I'll ever see a head to head shootout match what those two did that evening again...

Me either! My dad and I used to always go together and that night will forever be etched into my memory! AWSOME performance!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.