USA Today KY Super 25 Computer Rankings

uk#1fan

Interesting list...particularly the fact that their "Top 25" skips over #24 , and then includes both #25 and #26 :D

Overall state rankings:

1) Trinity

2) Male

3) St. Xavier

4) DuPont Manual

5) Dixie Heights

6) Bowling Green

7) Highlands

8) Scott County

9) Mayfield

10) Covington Catholic

11) McCracken County

12) Christian Academy of Louisville

13) DeSales

14) Simon Kenton

15) Meade County

16) Bryan Station

17) Johnson Central

18) Ballard

19) Graves County

20) Belfry

21) Henry Clay

22) Pulaski County

23) Beechwood

24) Central Hardin

25) Williamsburg

How does a computer do a rankings when it has no data to calculate from?

I think computer rankings are good but their value is in analyzing data. They get better as the season goes on. If they use anything from this rankings to go forward into the season it hurts their rankings more than it helps it.

I think computer rankings are good but their value is in analyzing data. They get better as the season goes on. If they use anything from this rankings to go forward into the season it hurts their rankings more than it helps it.

Exactly! Makes no sense at all

Pretty stupid if you ask me. Almost as stupid is the mythical national championship polls.

I guess it's based on last year's performance, the lost/returning figures and amount of D1 talent. But I do agree, that is comparatively little data to work from. I'd be shocked if this list wasn't shaken up within a couple of weeks.

Interesting list...particularly the fact that their "Top 25" skips over #24 , and then includes both #25 and #26 :D

Overall state rankings:

1) Trinity

2) Male

3) St. Xavier

4) DuPont Manual

5) Dixie Heights

6) Bowling Green

7) Highlands

8) Scott County

9) Mayfield

10) Covington Catholic

11) McCracken County

12) Christian Academy of Louisville

13) DeSales

14) Simon Kenton

15) Meade County

16) Bryan Station

17) Johnson Central

18) Ballard

19) Graves County

20) Belfry

21) Henry Clay

22) Pulaski County

23) Beechwood

24) Central Hardin

25) Williamsburg

I don't believe Cov Cath is #10 right now and I sure don't believe Dixie is #5- but how strong is Cov Caths schedule when they have three of the top 10 teams on their schedule and four of the top 25? Even without considering Cinti St. X, Sycamore , Columbus DeSales and Lex Cath, that would seem to be one of the stronger schedules in the state.

I don't believe Cov Cath is #10 right now and I sure don't believe Dixie is #5 - but how strong is Cov Caths schedule when they have three of the top 10 teams on their schedule and four of the top 25? Even without considering Cinti St. X, Sycamore , Columbus DeSales and Lex Cath, that would seem to be one of the stronger schedules in the state.

This weekend will go a long way in CCH's ranking. I have no problem where they are at. the big question mark for me however (and content1 don't be upset at me because you know I'm a huge fan) but Dixie at #5 is a head scratcher. They simply lost way too much imo. They will be this year like I feel Cooper will be next year, decent but a team that lost a lot of senior leadership.

Ryle not listed anywhere on the list pre-season sort of confirms this list is heavily based on last years teams.

After all of the talk about Simon Kenton's wisdom, or lack thereof, in scheduling a 2-A team in the season opener, I chuckled as I realized that according to this poll, CAL would be favored. I wouldn't have argued with that either of the past two years, but this year I think CAL is down and SK should claim a 2 TD victory. The good news is it's only three more days until we find out!!

We need to recognize it for what it is. I think this is just a starting point based off recent history but lacking any current data, it is nothing more.

Everyone's strength of schedule is equal, which will change as games are played. The offense and defense and power rankings have to be based off previous results because there aren't any current results. And I would be very surprised if it took into account personnel losses, etc.

It will generate conversation and page views, but it is pretty useless as an predictor of 2015 results, IMO.