Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What If?

Featured Replies

We will all find out soon enough what God has in store for us. I say enjoy life now, be a good person and treat others as you would want to be treated and let the chips fall where they may in the afterlife. Cheers everybody!

  • Replies 95
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That question works both ways. When one considers how many religions and sub-religions there are out there, and that for the most part, the path you choose is based on where you were born and what you were taught by your parents, there is probably a pretty good chance most of us are guessing wrong. That being said, since most would consider God to be a loving God, I can't imagine that He would place people in situations where they would never be taught "His word" and then later penalize or hold that against them when their day of reckoning comes.

 

My feelings exactly.

The Bible is correct and all sinners have an opportunity to walk in Heaven.

 

Realize that you are a sinner

Realize there is a way out of sin

Realize that Jesus died for your sins

Repent of your sins

Accept Jesus into your heart

 

 

Nothing there about any particular sin as all sin is a sin against God.

  • Author

I am not saying that only homosexuality is a problem according to the Bible. I was just using that cause its been a lightning rod lately given all the talk. And if you want to start a thread about "what if its not true" then start it and it can be debated there, but this is not that thread. This is to question what if its 100% accurate? Where will we stand? Who has actually read it all? Do we care if its right or wrong or will we just take what someone has told us about what it said? The Bible like Jumper Dad said above is very clear that if we get to heaven there are a few things that must happen. And if the Bible is true and there is a Heaven, then the flip side is there is a Hell.

I am not saying that only homosexuality is a problem according to the Bible. I was just using that cause its been a lightning rod lately given all the talk. And if you want to start a thread about "what if its not true" then start it and it can be debated there, but this is not that thread. This is to question what if its 100% accurate? Where will we stand? Who has actually read it all? Do we care if its right or wrong or will we just take what someone has told us about what it said? The Bible like Jumper Dad said above is very clear that if we get to heaven there are a few things that must happen. And if the Bible is true and there is a Heaven, then the flip side is there is a Hell.

You posed the question, what do you think?

 

I have not read all of the bible. If what everything I read is true, I guess I am destined for hell with 99% of the world.

I am not saying that only homosexuality is a problem according to the Bible. I was just using that cause its been a lightning rod lately given all the talk. And if you want to start a thread about "what if its not true" then start it and it can be debated there, but this is not that thread. This is to question what if its 100% accurate? Where will we stand? Who has actually read it all? Do we care if its right or wrong or will we just take what someone has told us about what it said? The Bible like Jumper Dad said above is very clear that if we get to heaven there are a few things that must happen. And if the Bible is true and there is a Heaven, then the flip side is there is a Hell.

 

Looking at it from that level, then pretty much every damn one of us is screwed because no one follows the Bible 100%. I'll continue to believe as I do and take my chances that God is a loving and forgiving God. The way I see it, if I'm wrong, we're all screwed anyways, so...

  • Author

I believe the Bible. I am a Christian. Am I the judge of anyone? Absolutely not. This was not to make anyone feel bad( if it does then better check yourself) just to get what everyone thought.

I am not saying that only homosexuality is a problem according to the Bible. I was just using that cause its been a lightning rod lately given all the talk. And if you want to start a thread about "what if its not true" then start it and it can be debated there, but this is not that thread. This is to question what if its 100% accurate? Where will we stand? Who has actually read it all? Do we care if its right or wrong or will we just take what someone has told us about what it said? The Bible like Jumper Dad said above is very clear that if we get to heaven there are a few things that must happen. And if the Bible is true and there is a Heaven, then the flip side is there is a Hell.

 

So what I have posted are not at all valid comments related to the topic of the thread?

 

...Or perhaps what I have posted is not acceptable to you because it counters your beliefs, so it is uninvited commentary to YOUR thread?

 

Seems to me it's as good a place as any to voice them as it gives an additional and valid perspective related to the question without unnecessarily starting a whole new thread posing the opposite question.

 

Sounds like you'd only be satisfied if everyone posted thoughts that only echoed your specific perspective.

 

So much for an open thought provoking discussion on the topic when your expectations are limited to a narrow set of "acceptable" responses.

  • Author

Then post on....I have no agenda other than just wanting to know what everyone thought. So what are your thoughts?

I believe the Bible. I am a Christian. Am I the judge of anyone? Absolutely not. This was not to make anyone feel bad( if it does then better check yourself) just to get what everyone thought.

 

The question that I have based on your posed question is 1)how do you repent for something that you do not consider a sin and 2)does not repenting 100% of your sins preclude you from heaven?

  • Author

If the Bible is 100% truth then it does not matter what we think. What matters is what Gods word says. Thats a hard pill to swallow I know.

 

The Bible clearly states that no sin will enter into heaven. Now I am not the judge nor the jury and am far from perfect but if you are to understand Grace then I would suggest you read all the Bible and then make your decision based on what your heart leads you to do. Would seem a small price to pay if its 100% truth.

My personal view:

 

God commands me to love the sinner. Nowhere does God command me to treat anyone with any less respect and love than I show to Him. I believe that God is in everyone, and everything. How can I, then, condemn them? My relationship with God is unique to me. Each person's relationship is uniqe to them. I don't know if you, I, or anyone else will be in Heaven. I have committed enough sins of my own that I am confident that there are others more worthy. But I believe that is God's decision. And I believe that it is God's decision alone for each and every person on earth. I do not dare to put myself above God and assume I can know what His decision will be. I only have one go around, I am choosing to do my best to love all my fellow humans and that's the best way I know to be a "me" that may be judged worthy of Heaven by God.

Then post on....I have no agenda other than just wanting to know what everyone thought. So what are your thoughts?

 

My initial post in this thread was nearly 3500 characters. Surely somewhere within all of that you'd find my thoughts.

 

If you'd like a more specific response to your question, if we are somehow offered indisputable truth that there is a God, and that God judges using the Bible as the indisputable 100% word of his/her truth and guideline to live by in order to enter into a heavenly afterlife, then I would still change nothing and fear not anything for if the validity of this information is to ever be revealed to us it is likely only through death that we would ever be able to find out with any certainty, and until that would possibly happen, in the mean time I would still just have to live by my own instincts about how I should live, and trust that this all seeing all knowing God knows and understands my intentions and my heart.

 

Since I've made an attempt to answer your specific question, would you care to make an attempt at answering the question, that I must add that I feel a bit kooky asking, for one way or another we will never likely know as living breathing humans?:

 

What if the Bible is some way revealed to us not to truly be the word of God, and that perhaps there is no God? Where then will you stand?

Looking at it from that level, then pretty much every damn one of us is screwed because no one follows the Bible 100%. I'll continue to believe as I do and take my chances that God is a loving and forgiving God. The way I see it, if I'm wrong, we're all screwed anyways, so...

 

God is loving and forgiving. God is also the judge of whether we go to Heaven or Hell. That's the problem with a lot of Christianity today, the "feel good" movement. Meaning you can do whatever you want as long as you treat everyone well. That's not what the Bible says.

 

The Bible clearly states what are sins and what aren't. We like to modify that to meet our own agendas. That is what is dangerous for us.

  • Author
My initial post in this thread was nearly 3500 characters. Surely somewhere within all of that you'd find my thoughts.

 

If you'd like a more specific response to your question, if we are somehow offered indisputable truth that there is a God, and that God judges using the Bible as the indisputable 100% word of his/her truth and guideline to live by in order to enter into a heavenly afterlife, then I would still change nothing and fear not anything for if the validity of this information is to ever be revealed to us it is likely only through death that we would ever be able to find out with any certainty, and until that would possibly happen, in the mean time I would still just have to live by my own instincts about how I should live, and trust that this all seeing all knowing God knows and understands my intentions and my heart.

 

Since I've made an attempt to answer your specific question, would you care to make an attempt at answering the question, that I must add that I feel a bit kooky asking, for one way or another we will never likely know as living breathing humans?:

 

What if the Bible is some way revealed to us not to truly be the word of God, and that perhaps there is no God? Where then will you stand?

 

If its not true then I have lived my life the best I can by a book who teaches to do good to all. I do not hate anyone nor do I feel I am judgmental myself( although I have been at times in my life). I would have done the best I could. Anyone that knows me personally knows that I help everyone I can and do my very best to treat everyone with respect. I sometimes take criticism because I help people who have never helped me, but anyone will help someone who helps them. Few help those who will not or never help them. Took me several years to get where I am today and some hard lessons. Ive been on both sides of the fence.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.