Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What If?

Featured Replies

Ok...Right before I read Mathew chapter 7 in it's entirety I prayed and asked God to reveal to me an answer to your reply. I've read over this chapter several times and I keep getting the same answer in the form of a question. What do these words have anything to do with one sin is greater than another sin?

 

I also prayed and read John chapter 7 and God revealed to me,We must not judge concerning any by their outward appearance, but by their worth, and by the gifts and graces of God's Spirit in them.

 

One thing I can give the non believer credit for is they can see right through the bull on how some Christians pass judgement on others.

Sad thing is.so many Christians today do a better job of turning people away from the church than turning them on to Jesus...

 

I have passed judgement on no one. I say that non-believers and those who are in the "feel good" Christianity crowd always quote Matthew 7. The chapter is about so much more than that.

 

John 7 says we are to judge. I was just pointing that out.

 

You may not like it but you don't turn people on to Jesus and God by only giving them half the truth.

 

God is loving and kind but he is also our judge and will not be mocked. Hell is a real place and unless you are saved by the grace of God through Jesus Christ, one is going there. That is what the Bible says. Plain and simple.

  • Replies 95
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im am no fan of Westboro Church and the way they butcher the Word. Like I said, I promise you I have been as the Apostle Paul would describe the "chiefest of sinners" and always bragged that when I lived for Satan I gave it 100%. What happened to me I cannot even describe other than God drew me to him and my sinful nature fought him very hard to even listen to what he was trying to do with me and in my life. I went to church and then would say the people here are hypocrites and are worse off than me all the time I was feeling in my heart I needed a big change. Could not describe the feeling in my heart then nor can I now for how I was feeling. Through a series of events that happened in my life that I wont go into here, I accepted Jesus and started reading the Bible. I prayed daily and asked God to give me understanding of what he would have me to learn and how to become a better person. While I fail him daily I am convicted in my heart when I fail( yes none are perfect, only one, Jesus himself) that I repent of that and do my very best to try not to do anything that would offend God or anyone.( my temper gets me in trouble alot lol) I certainly did not mean to offend you or anyone here. My motives are not tainted with this thread to get anyone to do anything other than think some ( call it Paschal's Wager or whatever) because there are things that I do not agree with based off the Biblical principals that I try my best to live by. Just because I dont agree with you on something does not make me a bigot or hypocrite or does not make me think any less of you as a person. We are all created equal. I have friends and players that play for me that are Gay. I treat them no different than straight people, matter of fact I have been told I treat them better because I dont want them to think because I am a Christian that I look down on them or think they are less than me. Most know what I think but also know that I understand God commanded me to love everyone, saint and sinner alike. He will take care of the rest.

 

JJ I enjoyed reading this post and thanks for expressing. Please know that nowhere here have I felt offended by you. You seem like a good dude with your heart in the right place. Because I don't know anything for certain I tend to question the validity of earthly professed truths, but am happy for you that you are experiencing life changing and rewarding experiences on your spiritual path.

 

It's likely that I might come off as an atheist, but that truly isn't so. I really don't live by any particular labels one way or another because I don't know anything with any certainty one way or another. Some might call that Agnostic, but I'm content with just calling it nothing, and that typically perplexes others who require of me a label.

 

I was raised Catholic with super devout parents whose primary goal and wish for me is that I too would follow in their footsteps.

 

For various reasons I began to question everything that I was taught, and began more so in my teens to start to pose these puzzling questions to them.

 

They respected me for this, but I could see that they were uneasy about it and thought that the efforts that they made raising me were starting to unravel. I assured them that I was not trying to be rebellious, but that I sincerely and passionately wanted to know the truth.

 

No matter what my parents loved me unconditionally and never shunned me or gave up on me. Their love carries me throughout my life.

 

I wanted so bad to know the truth I felt like I could scream. I pleaded with God that if you are there please somehow someway give me a sign that could at least pacify me somehow and give me hope.

 

For about 10 years I felt like there were no signals or anything telling me anything. If others expressed to me anything mystical in their lives I would always doubt them and question whether they were imagining things. I felt that for me to believe in anything something would have to happen to me personally. I pretty much had given up and just concluded that in this life there will likely never be any way for me to ever know the truth with any certainty.

 

For the last 25 years now, while even being all along the skeptic that I am, I've had so many wondrous unexplainable things happen to me that if I told the average person they'd think that I was completely nuts.

 

Not all, but most have happened with relationship to losing loved ones and having a powerful sense that they were communicating with me.

 

Some things that have happened that weren't exactly related to deceased loved one were still very much spiritual in nature leaving me dumbfounded. I even tried to explain away some of these things, but I really couldn't.

 

Their powerful mind blowing nature were no doubt to me the signals that I had for so long asked for, and the common denominator to all of these messages that seemed loud and clear was that love is eternal, and that unseen deity is love, and that we as humans are all very much welcome into this family of love, and that we too are love. Love is all that matters and it almost feels as if there's a very thin curtain between life and death where those who have gone before us are still very much with us.

 

I almost don't feel worthy to have had these signals come to me considering that I have been and still very much do speak in a realist doubting fashion of all things religious related that still somehow feels all too man made to me.

 

These signals have still never assured me that the earthly religions are exactly the keepers of the truth, but I cannot doubt that somewhere within all of them there resides elements of it, or the propensity for it.

 

I rarely attend church anymore, but a couple of years ago I decided to attend Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve at the Cathedral in Covington where the Bishop gave the homily.

 

I went for the ritual and the grandiose theatrics of it all to feel apart of the holiday celebration with no expectations other than to be moved by the angelic singing choir and all of the pageantry.

 

I most definitely got all of that and it was just as beautiful as I could imagine, however the most moving thing to me was when the Bishop spoke, and in a quiet but loving no frills way, boiled Christ all down to the most basic message of love and how with all of the rituals that this message can sometimes be lost.

 

With already having my own personal experiences, that sure impacted me putting a lump in my throat that I surly did not expect. Though the message was presented for the hundreds in attendance to hear, it felt so personally hand selected for me to hear to only reinforce the messages that I've been getting from my signals.

 

With all of that said, and while I'm still inclined to be the questioning dude that I am, I feel contented in knowing that I have somehow been offered the gift of hope that for as long as I live I cannot deny, and it holds those dear to my heart close to my heart feeling that their love is eternal and very much a real, and ever so most important element of my existence.

 

I don't think that I'm so special to believe that this love was only intended for me, and that if what I'm seeing is to be true, that love is intended for all of us.

I have passed judgement on no one. I say that non-believers and those who are in the "feel good" Christianity crowd always quote Matthew 7. The chapter is about so much more than that.

 

John 7 says we are to judge. I was just pointing that out.

 

You may not like it but you don't turn people on to Jesus and God by only giving them half the truth.

 

God is loving and kind but he is also our judge and will not be mocked. Hell is a real place and unless you are saved by the grace of God through Jesus Christ, one is going there. That is what the Bible says. Plain and simple.

 

And again, this is where I get bogged down.

 

What happens to the billions of souls on this planet who have never been exposed?

And again, this is where I get bogged down.

 

What happens to the billions of souls on this planet who have never been exposed?

 

The Bible is clear on the path to Heaven. Revelations tells us of judgement day.

The Bible is clear on the path to Heaven. Revelations tells us of judgement day.

 

I don't doubt you.

 

I just have a hard time believing that so many will miss out based on an accident of birth, a roll of the dice, the luck of the draw.

And again, this is where I get bogged down.

 

What happens to the billions of souls on this planet who have never been exposed?

 

It doesn't matter, those who are not of one religion won't get in at all ether. There is only one religion that matters and if you folks the others or none at all, you're out of grace and out of luck.

It doesn't matter, those who are not of one religion won't get in at all ether. There is only one religion that matters and if you folks the others or none at all, you're out of grace and out of luck.

 

I understand the concept that it is impossible for us to know or understand God's intentions, or what He has in store for us. but for a God that we universally describe as being fair, loving and just, how do you rectify the fact that in the process of giving us the path to salvation, how he can make it totally unavailable to over 1/2 of the people on this planet?? What a terrible and unlucky break for every one not born into Christianity.

 

I can't help but think when our day of reckoning comes, that we all will end up a little surprised. My guess is we've all gotten some piece of the puzzle wrong.

I don't doubt you.

 

I just have a hard time believing that so many will miss out based on an accident of birth, a roll of the dice, the luck of the draw.

 

I can only believe what the Bible teaches me.

I can only believe what the Bible teaches me.

 

That's a pretty narrow view to let just one book control your life and the path you take. JMO

That's a pretty narrow view to let just one book control your life and the path you take. JMO

 

I am a Christian. Why would I go by anything else?

To the thread question, doesn't the bible layout the answer?

I am a Christian. Why would I go by anything else?

 

I guess the question is why are you Christian?? And I'm not telling you any of what you believe or have been taught is invalid. It's not. But the fact that you are Christian is pretty much based on a few things....who your parents are and where they were born. Would you still be Christian had you been born in India or the Far East?? I guess possibly, but more than likely your belief would be just as strong, but that belief would be in another religious system or God. There are so many different "ways" that, perhaps, the way we were taught might not be the right way. Or, at least, what I hope, is that all the different religions have some validity, and if you follow what you've been taught, live a good life, and be good to others, you will be rewarded in the end.

I guess the question is why are you Christian?? And I'm not telling you any of what you believe or have been taught is invalid. It's not. But the fact that you are Christian is pretty much based on a few things....who your parents are and where they were born. Would you still be Christian had you been born in India or the Far East?? I guess possibly, but more than likely your belief would be just as strong, but that belief would be in another religious system or God. There are so many different "ways" that, perhaps, the way we were taught might not be the right way. Or, at least, what I hope, is that all the different religions have some validity, and if you follow what you've been taught, live a good life, and be good to others, you will be rewarded in the end.

 

I'm Christian because I believe that Jesus came and died for my sins. I choose to believe.

 

Granted, being born in the USA gives me more of an exposure to Christianity than in some places of the world. However, most countries have been exposed to Christianity through missionaries, etc.

 

Again, I believe what I believe. You are free to believe as you wish. One of the great things about this country we live in.

I'm Christian because I believe that Jesus came and died for my sins. I choose to believe.

 

Granted, being born in the USA gives me more of an exposure to Christianity than in some places of the world. However, most countries have been exposed to Christianity through missionaries, etc.

 

Again, I believe what I believe. You are free to believe as you wish. One of the great things about this country we live in.

 

Do you think you would have ended up Christian had you been born elsewhere?? One could also argue that here in the US we have plenty of exposure to other religions as well and have the opportunity to make the "right" choice.

 

I'm not saying you're wrong. I agree with you. But that's why religion is so confusing and perplexing. And I guess why all forms of religion are faith based. You have no way of knowing you were right or wrong until your day of reckoning.

Do you think you would have ended up Christian had you been born elsewhere?? One could also argue that here in the US we have plenty of exposure to other religions as well and have the opportunity to make the "right" choice.

 

I'm not saying you're wrong. I agree with you. But that's why religion is so confusing and perplexing. And I guess why all forms of religion are faith based. You have no way of knowing you were right or wrong until your day of reckoning.

 

Yes, I think I would have been Christian if I had been born elsewhere and heard the Gospel.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.