Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What If?

Featured Replies

Yes, I think I would have been Christian if I had been born elsewhere and heard the Gospel.

 

Even if you had been born and raised and taught another religion was the "right" choice your entire life? I'm not saying you wouldn't have, but I'm skeptical that more than a very small minority (maybe 1 out of 100) would be swayed. I think religion is something that is so engrained into the fabric of the culture we're raised in that we don't realize how strong the pull of it is. JMO anyways.

  • Replies 95
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even if you had been born and raised and taught another religion was the "right" choice your entire life? I'm not saying you wouldn't have, but I'm skeptical that more than a very small minority (maybe 1 out of 100) would be swayed. I think religion is something that is so engrained into the fabric of the culture we're raised in that we don't realize how strong the pull of it is. JMO anyways.

 

Yes, I think I would have. The message of the Gospel is very compelling to me.

Yes, I think I would have been Christian if I had been born elsewhere and heard the Gospel.

 

Even if your parents and entire family had taught you otherwise (whether it be Hindu, Judaism, etc) from day one, and were raised within the framework of some other religion??

Yes, I think I would have. The message of the Gospel is very compelling to me.

 

Fair enough. Still, I think it's an interesting hypothetical. Personally, I see it differently. If someone was born and raised within the framework of Christianity, and that person has such strong convictions, I see no reason why, if they were raised in another religion, their convictions wouldn't be equally strong for that other religion.

It doesn't matter, those who are not of one religion won't get in at all ether. There is only one religion that matters and if you folks the others or none at all, you're out of grace and out of luck.

 

I'm Christian because I believe that Jesus came and died for my sins. I choose to believe.

 

Granted, being born in the USA gives me more of an exposure to Christianity than in some places of the world. However, most countries have been exposed to Christianity through missionaries, etc.

 

Again, I believe what I believe. You are free to believe as you wish. One of the great things about this country we live in.

 

You believe so strongly after being raised a Christian that Christianity is the way, and if you are exposed to messages from other religions, you'd still be a Christian.

 

Is it so difficult for you to see that children raised throughout the world under different religions so strongly believe in their religions just as you do, and even if exposed to Christianity somewhere in their lives, still that which dominated their belief system from childhood would likely remain their first and foremost belief system, just as it has for you?

 

We could also talk indoctrination and brainwashing, but I won't get into all of that as it's not the point of the question that I am posing to you, however in many ways it is.

You believe so strongly after being raised a Christian that Christianity is the way, and if you are exposed to messages from other religions, you'd still be a Christian.

 

Is it so difficult for you to see that children raised throughout the world under different religions so strongly believe in their religions just as you do, and even if exposed to Christianity somewhere in their lives, still that which dominated their belief system from childhood would likely remain their first and foremost belief system, just as it has for you?

 

We could also talk indoctrination and brainwashing, but I won't get into all of that as it's not the point of the question that I am posing to you, however in many ways it is.

 

To your points,

 

1. Yes. You all can ask me as many times as you want and my answer will remain the same.

 

2. No, it is not difficult for me to understand this. I can only speak for myself and the compelling message of the Gospel for me.

 

3. I have said nothing disparaging of non-believers. However, I could say that there are those that do not have the ability to believe something that is not tangible. As you pointed out, that's not the question.

I agree with Cap278. There is only one true religion, one true Church, if you are not in the Universal Church you are going to be in for a huge disappointment when you pass away.

I agree with Cap278. There is only one true religion, one true Church, if you are not in the Universal Church you are going to be in for a huge disappointment when you pass away.

 

God must be an American or have some deep rooted hatred for those in impoverished 3rd world areas in the Asian and African regions then. :idunno:

God must be an American or have some deep rooted hatred for those in impoverished 3rd world areas in the Asian and African regions then. :idunno:

 

I would say to the contrary, those are two of the most evangelized areas of the world by missionaries.

I would say to the contrary, those are two of the most evangelized areas of the world by missionaries.

 

And yet there are many in those parts of the world (and others) that haven't ever even been exposed to Christianity by the time they die. Wonder what God has against them?

Edited by UKMustangFan

I would say to the contrary, those are two of the most evangelized areas of the world by missionaries.

 

Yep. This is true. But, there has also been a significant uptick in the Islam in those areas as well. And overall, only about 1/3 of the world is Christian, although it is still the largest single religion in the world.

And yet there are many in those parts of the world (and others) that haven't ever even been exposed to Christianity by the time they die. Wonder what God has against them?

 

Nothing to my knowledge. I do not pretend to know the mind of God.

I would say to the contrary, those are two of the most evangelized areas of the world by missionaries.

 

But unless they are Catholic, it is a waste of time and doesn't matter. Many in the Universal Church fell away after Vatican II for their outrageous acceptance of other religions, and saying that they too will be saved. Many have not acknowledged or accepted any Pope since.

But unless they are Catholic, it is a waste of time and doesn't matter. Many in the Universal Church fell away after Vatican II for their outrageous acceptance of other religions, and saying that they too will be saved. Many have not acknowledged or accepted any Pope since.

 

So, in your opinion, only Catholics will get the golden ticket to salvation?? No Methodists, Baptists, Lutheran etc, need apply??

But unless they are Catholic, it is a waste of time and doesn't matter. Many in the Universal Church fell away after Vatican II for their outrageous acceptance of other religions, and saying that they too will be saved. Many have not acknowledged or accepted any Pope since.

 

I disagree. Protestants have been more active in evangelizing most areas of the world than Catholics.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.