Explosion rocks China

SportsGuy41017

An explosion at a chemical warehouse.

The death toll is up to 50, now, with and over 700 injured. I have a feeling they're going to find more bodies and more of the critically injured will be dead before this is all said and done.

I read this morning that it was actually 2 blasts, the first with the approximate explosive power of 3 ton or TNT, the second, more powerful one, was like 21 ton of TNT. Over a thousand fire fighters and 143 fire engines, on the seen.

You can kind of get a sense of the size of the blast by looking at this picture of new Volkswagens completely destroyed with the warehouse still bellowing smoke in the background.

BBlH4yR.img?h=470&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=722&y=741

What in the world caused that?

Weapon testing gone wrong?

It's China, so who could say if we'll ever actually know, but the reports say that the warehouse was a storage facility for a number of volatile chemicals. The BBC wasn't any more specific than that.

From the looks of it and the reports so far it looks like a detonation' date=' it could be accidental, but with how it was described it seems to point towards a detonation. But WOW! They are very lucky that the death toll isn't much higher.[/quote']

Looks like a mini Hiroshima without the radiation. I doubt we'll ever get the truth though.

It's China, so who could say if we'll ever actually know, but the reports say that the warehouse was a storage facility for a number of volatile chemicals. The BBC wasn't any more specific than that.

As someone who sees and handles DG material quite a bit, if the wrong chemicals were put next to each other, the results are catastrophic.

As someone who sees and handles DG material quite a bit, if the wrong chemicals were put next to each other, the results are catastrophic.

And they have essentially zero enforcement of safety regulations over there. Anything could have happened and I'd probably believe it.