Track the Reds

My extent of watching the Reds right now. I'll check on them during commercials of whatever else I'm watching. Last night, I saw that they were ahead 4-0. I saw Lamb pitch to a couple batters. Later, I saw that the score was 4-3. I said to my wife that the Reds were toast. Finally, I switched during the top of the 8th and saw the final Arizona rally. I didn't bother to watch the rest of the game. I just waited for the alert to my phone with the final score.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My extent of watching the Reds right now. I'll check on them during commercials of whatever else I'm watching. Last night, I saw that they were ahead 4-0. I saw Lamb pitch to a couple batters. Later, I saw that the score was 4-3. I said to my wife that the Reds were toast. Finally, I switched during the top of the 8th and saw the final Arizona rally. I didn't bother to watch the rest of the game. I just waited for the alert to my phone with the final score.

You missed the Reds hit three straight dribblers to third in the bottom of the 9th.

Fifth guy at AAA maybe.

The Reds have 5 other lefties that I'd rather see start a ML game right now than Holmberg. Lamb, Reed, Garrett, Finnegan and Cingrani. Thats saying a lot to considering Reed and Garrett haven't been past AA, Cingrani has looked horrible this season and Finnegan hasn't looked good as a starter since being acquired. All 5 of those guys would still have a better chance getting big league hitters out right now than Holmberg. He's not 5th starter material, he's not even the fifth best left handed starter in the organization right now.

The Reds have 5 other lefties that I'd rather see start a ML game right now than Holmberg. Lamb, Reed, Garrett, Finnegan and Cingrani. Thats saying a lot to considering Reed and Garrett haven't been past AA, Cingrani has looked horrible this season and Finnegan hasn't looked good as a starter since being acquired. All 5 of those guys would still have a better chance getting big league hitters out right now than Holmberg. He's not 5th starter material, he's not even the fifth best left handed starter in the organization right now.

Is Cingrani on the DL? Will Marshall pitch this season?

Let Holmberg stay and finish the year. No sense in starting the service time for all these rookies in the some year. That will be a nightmare once they are ready to be free agents. It's not always about the best arm being in the bigs.

Does a September call up start the service time?