Track the Reds

Since there is so little discussion about the current Reds, can we just have one "Track The Reds" thread like the good old days? Nobody wants to start a thread for each series, and there isn't really any place to discuss the current games (as if anybody cared!)

Lorenzen started tonight vs. San Diego. He got rocked. 7 runs in 1 1/3 IP. Reds are currently down 11-1 in the top of the 5th inning.

At what point do the Reds move Lorenzen to the bullpen? I think it's sooner, rather than later.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Lorenzen and see a lot of potential in his stuff, but my goodness his numbers are beyond brutal. You won't find many starting pitchers in the league with a worse stat line than he has.

I do see his long-term future as a bullpen arm, but I agree with HT. You let him take his lumps until he hits his innings limit.

2 of the 4 outs Lorenzen got were great plays by Hamilton. Yikes.

Just remember that Glavine was 9-21 w/ a ~5.00 ERA in his 1st year and 1/2 ('87 partial & '88 full) with the Braves and Smoltz was 2-7 w/ a 5.48 ERA in 1988.

Not saying any of these kids are going to the HOF, but even the great ones have a learning curve.

Iglesias was dealing after the 1st 3 batters. Diaz, Hoover & Chapman did their jobs. Votto might be shaking off the recent mini-slump. HR to CF was a bomb (which it pretty much has to be in SD).

Will be interesting to see the reaction to Latos in LAD. Can't remember if they faced him in MIA (but I do seem to recall them getting swept in a 4 game series there right before the All Star break.

Iglesias was dealing after the 1st 3 batters. Diaz, Hoover & Chapman did their jobs. Votto might be shaking off the recent mini-slump. HR to CF was a bomb (which it pretty much has to be in SD).

Will be interesting to see the reaction to Latos in LAD. Can't remember if they faced him in MIA (but I do seem to recall them getting swept in a 4 game series there right before the All Star break.

I believe he hurt during that series.