"The Walking Dead" Season 6

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're so close to Negan! He is going to make this show TWD/evil governor x 10. Can't wait.

That part I'm not looking forward to. I'm not a fan of the uber villain. I don't like what it does to the show. It's an easy out for the writers. They don't have to work as hard to create new episodes. Just blame it all on the villain on steroids.

That part I'm not looking forward to. I'm not a fan of the uber villain. I don't like what it does to the show. It's an easy out for the writers. They don't have to work as hard to create new episodes. Just blame it all on the villain on steroids.

But it's all about how you craft the villain. Lex Luthor from Superman is the best example of what I think you're describing as the "easy out uber villain" - good guy fights plan of evil guy. Straightforward plot. But through a sophisticated evil doer like Gus Fring from "Breaking Bad" (he has an agenda but our focus is turned on characteristics and tactics - brutality, manipulation) writers can steer away from the simple "battle" plot lines that lack in engrossing moments.