Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Andy Dalton hears boos at celebrity softball game in Cincinnati - But goes YARD twice

Featured Replies

Really embarrassing display by the city IMO.

 

Exactly how bad was it? There's always those boozed up idiots that would boo Jesus Christ or Santa Claus.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't let all the headlines fool you, there were plenty of cheers for him yesterday too.
I'm sure the headline is misleading. Everyone wants the hits.

Andy Dalton is actually one of the most productive quarterbacks we've ever had. He has accomplished more than Carson Palmer, John Kitna, Aquili Smith, Jeff Blake, David Klingler, Gus Frerotte, and all the other ones that took snaps since 1990. That's 25 years folks. Be happy you have him. I would say around 50% of the league would like to have him.

Andy Dalton is actually one of the most productive quarterbacks we've ever had. He has accomplished more than Carson Palmer, John Kitna, Aquili Smith, Jeff Blake, David Klingler, Gus Frerotte, and all the other ones that took snaps since 1990. That's 25 years folks. Be happy you have him. I would say around 50% of the league would like to have him.

 

Yes and he also has had the most talent around him on both sides of the ball than any qb ever for the Bengals. It's one thing if his play was the reason for the jump in success like when Palmer first started his career here. It's another thing when his amount of wins does have a lot to do with people around him. He is not horrible like some say. However I also look around the league and see many qbs who could play similar to him and win games against bad to average teams like him. Just look at the pro bowl last year and you see the difference between good and and him.

Even though I am not exactly a Dalton fan currently as the starting qb. There is no reason to boo him at things like this. I have met him and he is a great guy and does many great things for people and is a hard worker. I want him to prove me wrong and be the guy that gets them over the next hump.

Really embarrassing display by the city IMO.

 

Bush league

So how far was the homerun fence?

  • Author
So how far was the homerun fence?

 

Not sure but Dalton's first shot went 300 plus in the air.

Not sure but Dalton's first shot went 300 plus in the air.

 

I think that's pretty impressive.

I guess that put him in the same category as the St. Louis all-stars, and I think they are pretty good.

Andy Dalton is actually one of the most productive quarterbacks we've ever had. He has accomplished more than Carson Palmer, John Kitna, Aquili Smith, Jeff Blake, David Klingler, Gus Frerotte, and all the other ones that took snaps since 1990. That's 25 years folks. Be happy you have him. I would say around 50% of the league would like to have him.

 

I think it was very sad he was booed, and I wouldn't have even thought about booing him if I were there.

 

With that said, your post has so many flaws. The rules in the game today is totally geared for the QB to put up great numbers. That does not make him better than QB's in the past. Everytime I hear someone say he is better than Carson really makes me question their knowledge on the game. When they say he is the most productive QB we've ever had, it makes me wonder if they realize just about any QB playing today in today's game with today's rules would also be one of the most productive QB's we've ever had.

 

Don't confuse his ability with those that came before him that were much better.

I think it was very sad he was booed, and I wouldn't have even thought about booing him if I were there.

 

With that said, your post has so many flaws. The rules in the game today is totally geared for the QB to put up great numbers. That does not make him better than QB's in the past. Everytime I hear someone say he is better than Carson really makes me question their knowledge on the game. When they say he is the most productive QB we've ever had, it makes me wonder if they realize just about any QB playing today in today's game with today's rules would also be one of the most productive QB's we've ever had.

 

Don't confuse his ability with those that came before him that were much better.

 

Never said better. I said productive. He has produced more wins and playoff teams than anyone. I agree he is not more talented

Never said better. I said productive. He has produced more wins and playoff teams than anyone. I agree he is not more talented

 

Which as I stated above the wins is more due to the product around him than him imo. I disagree when people say he is horrible, however there is also alot of qbs who could win games against bad to average teams like he has because of the support around him. So yes he may have alot of wins but it was not because of his play for why they became good. Now Carson Palmer though did make this team better when he first started out and they won because of his play. If he had as good of a defense as Dalton he would have won even more games. Shoot if you put the Carson Palmer of old on this team before his arm injury we probably already have won playoff games.

I think it was very sad he was booed, and I wouldn't have even thought about booing him if I were there.

 

With that said, your post has so many flaws. The rules in the game today is totally geared for the QB to put up great numbers. That does not make him better than QB's in the past. Everytime I hear someone say he is better than Carson really makes me question their knowledge on the game. When they say he is the most productive QB we've ever had, it makes me wonder if they realize just about any QB playing today in today's game with today's rules would also be one of the most productive QB's we've ever had.

 

Don't confuse his ability with those that came before him that were much better.

 

I think we are actually in agreement on Dalton, except I don't think he is as horrible as you lol. But I do agree we probably wouldn't be much worst off with someone else.

Really embarrassing display by the city IMO.

 

Bush move by those who booed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.