Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I, Racist

Featured Replies

Your backbone is eliminating the war on drugs created by white people directly looking for a way to target black people. This is great...

 

I'm still laughing at you continued insertion of backbone. Your rebuttals are so typical. It's a good chuckle.

  • Replies 240
  • Views 18.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I stand by the statement that privilege is defined by wealth.

 

Any class you just stated if wealthy has many more privliges than any other person of any race that is poor or middle class.

 

Please tell me how the people in West Covington who might be white have privilege over wealthy minorities.

 

The real solution is making jobs avaliable in urban areas. Demanding education be taken more serious in urban areas. Eliminating the war on drugs which would cripple street gangs influence in urban areas .

 

If people are educated , provided safe neighborhoods and access to jobs skin color makes no difference.

 

When we debate trivial concepts we set the discussion back. A large majority of all white people hold no major prejudice today. The problem is we have a media and a handful pseudo intellectuals who want you to believe it's still the 60's in Selma.

 

Did you hear about what that kid did in Charleston? He didn't shoot those people because they were poor. He didn't go to a historically poor people's church and kill nine people. The hate groups in our country don't exist to persecute poor people.

 

Dismissing the existence of racial privilege is dismissing that racism exists in this country, period. Using the excuse that racial issues can be conquered by looking exclusively at economic factors is a sorely lacking perspective, IMO.

Ah there it is the conspiracy idea of the liberal. I knew it would come out. Good to show your cards.

 

I'm a libertarian it's pretty well known I'm against the war on drugs. Economically it makes no sense and punishes to many users. Eliminating the war also eliminates the black market . So it eliminates street gangs and cartels influence.

 

I can't wait for you to follow up with the articles I've read a million times on how the war on drugs is race based and not just another flaw in the Puritan laws that still influence this country. Are dry counties dry because of race ?

 

Dude, are you seriously comparing the war on drugs to dry counties? :lol2:

  • Author
I know exactly what I implied the entire concept is flawed.

 

Part of the problem...I don't know what else to say.

The article says you are racist even if you don't know it. Which is such a cop out. The only area people of intellect allow such an easy answer is the subject of race.

 

You don't think people can be racist and not know it?

Funny you keep insisting I'm a dirty "liberal" when my voting history would show 15% democrat, 15% republican and 70% both side are idiots and deserve no vote. Have registered independent from the time I was 18 and will never change.

 

Back to your agenda...

You don't think people can be racist and not know it?

 

Most know and try to move the target. "Wasn't me"...

Did you hear about what that kid did in Charleston? He didn't shoot those people because they were poor. He didn't go to a historically poor people's church and kill nine people. The hate groups in our country don't exist to persecute poor people.

 

Dismissing the existence of racial privilege is dismissing that racism exists in this country, period. Using the excuse that racial issues can be conquered by looking exclusively at economic factors is a sorely lacking perspective, IMO.

 

Racist people exist where did I say they didnt. So do crazy people. I'm pretty sure the black teens in cincy jumped that white guy on fountain square because he was a white easy target. Racism exists. There are people of all races who are racists.

 

My problem is with the sociology concept of white privilege which is poorly conceived.

duplicate post

The article says you are racist even if you don't know it. Which is such a cop out. The only area people of intellect allow such an easy answer is the subject of race.

 

No, the article says that there are instances of racism that black people can see clear as day that white people might not realize. The whole point is that a white person with the best of intentions and the clearest heart might make mundane decisions that adversely affect the black community. The author assuredly isn't arguing that a rich black person is worse off than a poor white guy, but for how many times you have brought up the word "intellect" in this thread, is it possible that maybe your position of the need for better schools, job opportunities, etc... can still be valid while at the same time Mr. Metta's concerns carry some weight as well?

 

Is your position seriously that white privilege doesn't exist? I'm all ears on any discussion about the degree of its importance, but in this article alone we have empirical evidence of white flight, Hollywood casting decisions, and headline writers. You can pretend that they aren't real, but that doesn't make it correct.

Excellent quote from the article:

 

Here's what I want to say to you: Racism is so deeply embedded in this country not because of the racist right-wing radicals who practice it openly, it exists because of the silence and hurt feelings of liberal America.

 

Looks like there are more liberals on BGP than I suspected.

Dude, are you seriously comparing the war on drugs to dry counties? :lol2:

 

In the basic concept yes. Outlawing what I as the individual can consume because the government knows better.

 

Obviously if we break it down in details their are differences. But the concept behind dry counties and prohibition before it are linked to the war on drugs.

Most know and try to move the target. "Wasn't me"...

 

But not you

.........

Another beauty:

 

 

A white person smoking pot is a "Hippie" and a Black person doing it is a "criminal." It's evident in the school to prison pipeline and the fact that there are close to 20 people of color in prison for every white person.There's a headline from The Independent that sums this up quite nicely: "Charleston shooting: Black and Muslim killers are 'terrorists' and 'thugs'. Why are white shooters called 'mentally ill'?"

I'm gonna read that again: "Black and Muslim killers are 'terrorists' and 'thugs'. Why are white shooters called 'mentally ill'?"

Did you catch that? It's beautifully subtle. This is an article talking specifically about the different way we treat people of color in this nation and even in this article's headline, the white people are "shooters" and the Black and Muslim people are "killers."

Even when we're talking about racism, we're using racist language to make people of color look dangerous and make White people come out as not so bad.

Just let that sink in for a minute, then ask yourself why Black people are angry when they talk about race.

Funny you keep insisting I'm a dirty "liberal" when my voting history would show 15% democrat, 15% republican and 70% both side are idiots and deserve no vote. Have registered independent from the time I was 18 and will never change.

 

Back to your agenda...

 

I didn't call you a Democrat. I called you liberal. Your party registration has nothing to do with that label.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.