Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Auditor goes after Fairview

Featured Replies

Auditor blisters Fairview school in report - News - The Independent Online

 

The 63-page report, which will be referred to law enforcement and the Education Professional Standards Board, describes a tiny district in far northeastern Kentucky that allowed its athletics and other activities to deficit spend with no oversight, and then plugged any holes with money that could’ve been used for instructional purposes at the end of the year. The excessive spending on the football program also likely resulted in the District violating Title IX requirements by spending more on boy’s sports than on girls’ sports.

  • Replies 88
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fairview is a mess. Reminds me of the whole Rose Hill mess in basketball.

Fairview is a mess. Reminds me of the whole Rose Hill mess in basketball.

Both schools are 1 mile apart, just saying.

So what are we talking about here as far as what could happen to them in light of all of this?

image-2646679118.jpg

 

Could this be the new Lady Eagles softball complex in order to correct Title IX?

Since the school was already on probation for the other violation, will the KHSAA lay the hammer down?

attachment.php?attachmentid=51249 Could this be the new Lady Eagles softball complex in order to correct Title IX?

 

I was thinking maybe a little more. The football team also practices on the baseball field ya know...

 

We have to be careful because Talon and sidelinedoc2 will get after us.

Thought all of this had nothing to do with football. Hmm...

Thought all of this had nothing to do with football. Hmm...

 

We are just dumb hilljacks that root for an orange and black team. What do we know?

I'm confused on football . Isn't it considered gender neutral when it comes to Title IX ? Also it we include football spending with any school wouldn't it always be the sport that the most money is spent on?

I have no dog in the fight. Just trying to understand the situation.

I'm confused on football . Isn't it considered gender neutral when it comes to Title IX ? Also it we include football spending with any school wouldn't it always be the sport that the most money is spent on? I have no dog in the fight. Just trying to understand the situation.

If I'm not mistaken, volleyball is equated with football due to it not having an equal alternative. The mere fact that so much money was spent and misused should trump any worries of Title IX. I believe that a Title IX infraction will carry more penalties due to it being federal law. Just what I'm thinking.

If I'm not mistaken, volleyball is equated with football due to it not having an equal alternative. The mere fact that so much money was spent and misused should trump any worries of Title IX. I believe that a Title IX infraction will carry more penalties due to it being federal law. Just what I'm thinking.

 

But what school in America does football not receive a lot more funding than Volleyball?

If I'm not mistaken, volleyball is equated with football due to it not having an equal alternative. The mere fact that so much money was spent and misused should trump any worries of Title IX. I believe that a Title IX infraction will carry more penalties due to it being federal law. Just what I'm thinking.

 

Repost*

I think you're only allowed to spend a certain amount per player for football above the amount spent per player for female sports. I could be wrong though.

Looks like Musick has been the problem the entire time, football is expensive anyway. If I'm not mistaken fairview dressed over 70 players mcpeeks last 2 years and in 2012 they played 15 games. I hope Musick gets what he deserves but I don't see legal action. People like Musick always get the breaks.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.