Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CovCath Forfeits Game To Beechwood

Featured Replies

From the KHSAA rules you posted earlier in the thread: Innings Pitched - Number of innings pitched on this date (one pitch equals one inning);

 

Paraphrasing, of course.

 

I completely overlooked that. Wow.

 

So a kid could pitch 75 pitches in 2 innings and be able to pitch tomorrow but if he had pitched 20 pitches over 3 innings, he's out. I guess its easier to look at how many innings he pitched than to get an accurate pitch count. Obviously, pitch count would be the best metric.

  • Replies 122
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely overlooked that. Wow.

 

So a kid could pitch 75 pitches in 2 innings and be able to pitch tomorrow but if he had pitched 20 pitches over 3 innings, he's out. I guess its easier to look at how many innings he pitched than to get an accurate pitch count. Obviously, pitch count would be the best metric.

 

The bold; scary isn't it?:eek:

 

Yep. It's very easy to make the mistake in my scenario. You're right, pitch count would be a much better gauge but until that's official in a scorebook, who's going to keep track...officially?

Scenario:

To imply Myerhoff and Krumpelbeck are not good coaches is showing your baseball knowledge, plain and simple.

 

And let me tell you this, it happens more often than is noticed. There's a difference in, those guys haven't done it and those guys haven't been caught.;)

 

I wouldn't say they aren't good coaches, but they aren't in the same league as the 3 I mentioned. Believe me everyone watches Coach Whitaker and Coach Miller well enough that if they had done it, they would have been caught. Even in the Little Leagues 1 pitch constitutes an inning and all the coaches in the Harrison County Little League Program know that.

:banana:

I think that the entire thing is bogus....I know that the rules are there to ensure the safety of the players, but the rule should at least be done by pitch count. Either way I think that the coaches are trusted enough to recognize on his own whether or not a kid can pitch.

I think that the entire thing is bogus....I know that the rules are there to ensure the safety of the players, but the rule should at least be done by pitch count. Either way I think that the coaches are trusted enough to recognize on his own whether or not a kid can pitch.

 

Apparently not or they wouldn't have to have the rule. I do agree that at some point pitch count should come in to play. However, a knuckleballer can throw almost everday without any issues and look at the girl softball pitchers who have no inning restrictions.

So what are the matchups for the District anyway? I knew as soon as Ludlow left they would get everything screwed up. I think CovCath and the Beechies should have to play in the 1st game of the District and let HC and Holmes play. Also maybe send a monitor to the games so these great coaching minds can manage the game without any problems.

I wouldn't say they aren't good coaches, but they aren't in the same league as the 3 I mentioned. Believe me everyone watches Coach Whitaker and Coach Miller well enough that if they had done it, they would have been caught. Even in the Little Leagues 1 pitch constitutes an inning and all the coaches in the Harrison County Little League Program know that.

:banana:

I never said they didn't know the rule. Obviously they did know it or they wouldn't have reported themselves for breaking it. I said it slipped their mind how many innings a kid pitched. You're comparing apples to oranges when you compare a school like Beechwood to schools like Harrison Co, West Jessamine and PRP. I'll take talent over coaching everyday.

You're comparing apples to oranges when you compare a school like Beechwood to schools like Harrison Co, West Jessamine and PRP. I'll take talent over coaching everyday.

 

Are you saying that Harrison County has more talent than Cov Cath and Beechwood? And that any coach could have won 3 State Championships with Harrison County's talent? If so, you don't know much about high school baseball. Harrison County has always had a good group of hard working young men. Never the most talented, but always hard working. The combination of hard work, dedication, HEART, and coaching is what separates them from many other schools. Believe me, they have been the David many more times than they were the Goliath, but found the will and the way to win.

The hosting team of each district assigns a tournament manager and official scorer. They fill out the innings pitched in the tournaments on a KHSAA website form and send them downstate. Unfortunately, unless someone is policing the newspapers or games of a certain team, it is by a gentleman's honesty that coaches don't break the pitching rules in a regular season.

Are you saying that Harrison County has more talent than Cov Cath and Beechwood? And that any coach could have won 3 State Championships with Harrison County's talent? If so, you don't know much about high school baseball. Harrison County has always had a good group of hard working young men. Never the most talented, but always hard working. The combination of hard work, dedication, HEART, and coaching is what separates them from many other schools. Believe me, they have been the David many more times than they were the Goliath, but found the will and the way to win.

 

My previous post did NOT say anything about Cov Cath and did NOT say anyone could have won 3 state championships with Harrison Co's talent. However, the years of Varner, JB something, Asbury...etc Harrison Co was not thin on talent.

 

You're right though, I don't know much about high school baseball.:rolleyes:

 

You're right though, I don't know much about high school baseball.:rolleyes:

 

I've been trying to tell you this but....

So what are the matchups for the District anyway? I knew as soon as Ludlow left they would get everything screwed up. I think CovCath and the Beechies should have to play in the 1st game of the District and let HC and Holmes play. Also maybe send a monitor to the games so these great coaching minds can manage the game without any problems.

 

#1 Beechwood vs. #4 holmes

#2 Holy Cross vs #3 Covcath

 

But like you said, I think Holy Cross should've got the #1 seed since they didn't use any illegal pitchers and were tied with Beechwood for the #1 seed. Or make Covcath and B'Wood play another seed game to decide who gets what.

Ky Post

 

The Kentucky Post talks to Krumps and Myerhoff about the game and gives the seeding for the 35th District games.....

 

All games start at 5pm and will be played at Meinken field in Covington

 

Monday May 22nd

1. Beechwood vs 4. Holmes

 

Tuesday May 23rd

2. Cov Holy Cross vs 3. CovCath

 

Wednesday May 24th

Winner of game 1 vs Winner of game 2

KHSAA actually lists the game as a double forfeit and a 0-0 tie.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.